Osborne Lights Officially Returning for 2015 for 20th and Final Season

JohnD

I might just plan a quick weekend trip for the lights (and Candlelight Processional) in December. Maybe throw in MVMCP.

The trip is looking like it will be earlier in November. No Candlelight Processional but I still get Osborne Lights, MVMCP, and F&W Festival.

note2001

Anyone know what a typical nightly schedule looks like for the lights? (edit: Found my own answers from a blog.. see notes in green)

Turned On / Shut Off (About 6pm to an hour after close)
How often do they start (and is that iteration from start of one set to start of the next, or end of one to start of the next? (there is about a 7 minute intermission between sets, music will still play or characters talk, but lights don't dance)

Last edited:

JohnD

Anyone know what a typical nightly schedule looks like for the lights?
Turned On / Shut Off
How often do they start (and is that iteration from start of one set to start of the next, or end of one to start of the next?

6:00pm to Close (including evening EMH). It's continuous with different songs/music throughout.

note2001

6:00pm to Close (including evening EMH). It's continuous with different songs/music throughout.
Thank you John! I did a search after posting my question and found a blog with details from last year's lights. Added my notes to my comment.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Anyone know what a typical nightly schedule looks like for the lights? (edit: Found my own answers from a blog.. see notes in green)

Turned On / Shut Off (About 6pm to an hour after close)
How often do they start (and is that iteration from start of one set to start of the next, or end of one to start of the next? (there is about a 7 minute intermission between sets, music will still play or characters talk, but lights don't dance)
Much of last year there was only one song played between each dancing sequence, so it was more like a 3 to 4 minute gap between. In previous years it had been more like 2 songs break, making it around a 7 minute gap.

note2001

Much of last year there was only one song played between each dancing sequence, so it was more like a 3 to 4 minute gap between. In previous years it had been more like 2 songs break, making it around a 7 minute gap.
Thanks Steve!
I asked as back in 2011 my kids and I got the the area just as a set was ending and we stood for about 20 minutes without the next set coming on. Teenagers would rather be on RnR or ToT than standing, waiting for a light show that may or might not come. We left the area as it was getting overly crowded with people waiting and pushing.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks Steve!
I asked as back in 2011 my kids and I got the the area just as a set was ending and we stood for about 20 minutes without the next set coming on. Teenagers would rather be on RnR or ToT than standing, waiting for a light show that may or might not come. We left the area as it was getting overly crowded with people waiting and pushing.
Yeah I think they have realized people want to see the sequences, and the gap has certainly come down in recent years. Hopefully the one song break will continue this year.

AUPr8Hd

So does anyone know if these will be on during the Wine and Dine Half (don't they run through DHS?)?

In the early years, only some of the lights were on since it was an early October race. Once the race moved to November, the whole area has been lit up during the run, including during the rain last year. The first night of the Lights for the general public was on the Friday prior to the race last year

Cosmic Commando

Is the first night normally crazy? It just kinda happened in my planning that we'll be there for the first night. My guess is that every night is probably pretty crazy.

kfergdisney

Really hoping the Osborne Lights are somewhere when I come and visit next November. I adore the lights and it makes the trip more magical! Mr Osborne did pass away several years ago, but I've heard his family wants to keep the tradition alive...just depends on where next year!

YodaMan

Looks like the globe is going up where the tree usually goes...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 78

note2001

Missed it by 2 days last year and this year, maybe next year I'll plan better!

No guarantees the lights will be displayed anywhere at all next year.
Speculation is that they may be moved to Disney Springs.
There's also a chance that Streets of America will remain... though I doubt it. *sniff*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom