Osborne Lights at DHS

franksharonri

Original Poster
We have been to Disney many of times, but this is the first time during the Christmas Season. Does anyone know what time they turn on the Osborne Family Lights? Trying to fit a lot in, for the short time we will be there. We do not want to miss the them turning on the lights.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The official time is "dusk" which typically falls around 5ish-6ish. You should be able to get an exact time from guest services on the day of.

franksharonri

Original Poster
Thank You. Trying to go to AK to see the decorations and the parade, then get to DHS on time for the lighting. Found a web site that says they turn on the lights at 6PM, but will check with GS when we arrive

kstella

About 6 sounds right. While the lights themselves are great, the nightly lighting is really great. Have fun! :xmas:

heartodisney

Since this wonderful man passed this year (I was VERY blessed to meet him and his family while he was a patient of mine briefly)..we will visit this event and have a quite family prayer for him and his family. Kinda wonder if they will do anything extra this year?

majorrfb

6p.m. is correct

Thank You. Trying to go to AK to see the decorations and the parade, then get to DHS on time for the lighting. Found a web site that says they turn on the lights at 6PM, but will check with GS when we arrive[/QUOTE

Each and every time we have seen the Osborne Lights, 6p. IS the start up time. ENJOY:ROFLOL:

rct247

The official answer is "dusk" which is usually around 6pm. Depending on conditions though, I have seen them come on earlier and I have seen them come on later by as little as 5 mins to up to 15 mins difference. For example, if it is extra cloudy outside, they may turn them on sooner than on a sunnier day.

On regular park nights, they will stay on until 1 hour after the park closes. On special event/hard close nights, they will shut off immediately at park close. On EMH nights, they will stay on through EMH, but will turn off immediately at the end of EMH.

The loop is between 40 - 55 mins in length if I remember correctly featuring 4-5 dancing lights songs. The lights will only dance for those songs but will otherwise remain solid. Snow will only fall when they remain solid.

Oh and dont' forget to look for the purple Halloween cat. :)

CP_alum08

On the Disney site it says the lights stay up until Jan. 7th, but in the Mouse Monitor we got today it says they only run through the 3rd. Any idea which is correct? We're going down on the 6th and would be really bummed to miss them.

graphite1326

I know I will be in the minority here. Please no rude comments.

I don't care about the lights. We usually visit in Oct. or Nov. and they have already started putting them up. I like would like to se the "set" without all the strings of lights in the way.

Atta83

Lights on at 6 pm daily, two new dancing songs this year and a very beautiful canopy. Look to the angles in the square and see if you can find the tribute to Jennings.

heartodisney

Lights on at 6 pm daily, two new dancing songs this year and a very beautiful canopy. Look to the angles in the square and see if you can find the tribute to Jennings.

Thank you! Jennings family is going to have a 5 K run under the Christmas lights here in Little Rock December the 10th with a 1 mile walk for non-runners..should be fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom