Orlando sanford airport

Nsaudra

We can buy round trip airfare for 100 a person but it comes in orlando sanford, has anyone done this? I was seeing that most people take lyft but we are a family of 5 so we have to use the bigger car.

wendysue

We have used Sanford airport a couple of times. We rented a car in advance and had no problems getting to the resorts, though it takes about an hour or more, depending on the time of day. Shuttles, etc. were way too expensive. Figure out how much you are saving on airfare by flying into Sanford and see if it justifies getting a rental car.

Upvote 0

graphite1326

Yeah I looked into this once because flying Allegiance is so much cheaper but they land at Sanford. After I figure everything out it came to be about the same price. That is if you use Magical Express as your transportation from Orlando airport.

Upvote 0

KCL

I looked into this and once I looked at drive time and added everything up, we decided that the extra up front cost for Southwest and getting to use Magical Express was worth it. Overall dollars-out-of-pocket-wise, it was still cheaper to fly Allegiant and rent a car from Alamo, but time's worth money too (especially when it's time in the bubble)! :)

Upvote 0

voodoo321

Try Frontier Airlines. They usually have the same deals as Allegiant and fly into MCO. Much cheaper than Southwest and personally I've had nothing but problems when flying SW.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Demeter Tess

I've done this once, mostly because my grandparents lived between Sanford and Disney, so we weren't traveling all the way down to Disney. It's quite a trek but if it's significantly cheaper than flying into MCO, it's a good option. I just love the convenience of taking the Magical Express from MCO.

Upvote 0

HwdStudio

I have some friends flying into Sanford and even though I spend months out of the year in Orlando I know nothing about it. Is Uber or Lyft an option or is it too far? I use both regularly but never for a journey that long. There is a new airline flying direct from their home city, Via Airlines and they got $49 one ways. I’ve nevwr heard of the airline and know nothing of Sanford airport. Any tips or info will be much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Try Frontier Airlines. They usually have the same deals as Allegiant and fly into MCO. Much cheaper than Southwest and personally I've had nothing but problems when flying SW.

Frontier doesn’t fly from everywhere...but other than that I agree.
I just snooped around for late summer and out if frontier, american, United and Southwest...Southwest was the most expensive by FAR...

They got big, now they suck...like everything else. Schedule is massively shrunk as well.

The writing was on the wall when they bought airtran...aka VALUEJET

Upvote 0

tonymu

Premium Member
I have never flown to Sanford but have often flown into Tampa TPA instead of Orlando MCO. It takes about an hour to get to Disney World from Tampa TPA. Since the Tampa airport is South of Disney World on I-4 you avoid most of the Orlando traffic. Tampa's airport while a decent size feels much smaller and friendlier than Orlando MCO. Sometimes I can get the flight cheaper to Tampa vs Orlando. Just a thought.

Upvote 0

Raegansmommy

Our last 2 trips we have flown into Sanford. We love flying out of a much smaller airport that is closer to us. We rented a car for the week through Dollar for $150! It is a bit of a drive, but even on the ME you have to stop at all the other resorts unless you are lucky enough to be the first stop. We stopped at Target on the way there and picked-up drinks and snacks, shampoo, etc. I would agree with others though and make sure to add in all the costs associated with flying, parking, and renting a car. We saved money the one year and the next year we could have flown for less, but had already booked with Allegiant.

Upvote 0

Dsjewell

We are booked from Memphis to Sanford in June. Being a pilot I should’ve taken a second and looked at the identifier, but I didn’t. With the minivan rental it works out to be the same price as Southwest. As good as the magical express sounds. I do like the fact that get my luggage should be quick and easy with no wait once we get to AOA. I’m digging pretty deep for a silver lining.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I’m digging pretty deep for a silver lining.
Yeah, I think you might really reaching on that one :D

Seriously though our last MDE was less then ideal, waiting 40+ minutes. I'm not sure if that was an exception or the new normal. I'm actually very hesitant to use MDE in future for that very reason. I might as well uber it and not deal with excessive waits at the airport

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom