ORLANDO 2026 TRIP THOUGHTS?

yensid67

October 2026=Orlando Trip! Yeah, I know it's a few months away, but I have my reasons!
So, our 2026 trip is back on track! It will be a different trip...not focusing on Disney!
But here is the tentative itinerary because I am sure this will change over time!

October 3-11 2026
Saturday, October 3: Amtrak Travel 11:01am Departure Martinsburg, WVA
Sunday, October 4: Amtrak Travel: 10:39am Arrival Orlando, Fl, 4pm Hotel Check in
Monday, October 5: Sea World/Howl-O-Scream?
Tuesday, October 6: Tentative: MNSSHP
Wednesday, October 7: Wild Florida Safari Park/animal encounters
Thursday, October 8: I-Drive Day/Capone's Dinner Show
Friday, October 9: FREE DAY!
Saturday, October 10: Amtrak Travel 1:00pm Departure Orlando, FL
Sunday, October 11: Amtrak Travel 6:00pm Martinsburg, WVA

Total: $4764.00(2)/$2383.00(1)*
*includes $1,000.00 spending cash

So, what are your thoughts? Like I said, we are not focusing on Disney other than MNSSHP. We thought about going to IOA, but still up in the air!

jpinkc

See I have this problem when I am within 100 miles of Orlando. My family doesnt like me to speak of it as I guess I get a bit bent if I dont go to at least "ONE" special place. Yes I am in a group recieving therapy for it. :D I would throw Gatorland on there it is fun. We also keep saying Discovery Cove or Aquatica.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

DS and I did the Capone show on our last trip and it was a fun evening. The meal was tasty but not anything spectacular, as other dinner show meals tend to be. The actors were very entertaining and at times interacted with members of the audience. It was a great way to spend an evening outside of the Disney parks as something different to add to our vacation time. We would go back again. They do take your mug shot and have a variety of items you can buy as a take away to remember your trip by. Theres also a small store where you can buy merch before the entry to the show site. DS and I spent the money. ;);)

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

MNSSHP is an entertaining event and worth the money. Weve done it multiple times. But DS and I have gone to Unis Halloween Horror Nights event twice and if you want to step it up a higher notch, consider taking that in. What they offer will blow you away!! They have park wide haunted houses, scary street performers, a water laser show, and a fantastic stage show. Things going on all around you that will keep you wondering whats around the next corner. So much fun and very much worth the cost of the evening!!!

Upvote 0

yensid1967

MNSSHP is an entertaining event and worth the money. Weve done it multiple times. But DS and I have gone to Unis Halloween Horror Nights event twice and if you want to step it up a higher notch, consider taking that in. What they offer will blow you away!! They have park wide haunted houses, scary street performers, a water laser show, and a fantastic stage show. Things going on all around you that will keep you wondering whats around the next corner. So much fun and very much worth the cost of the evening!!!
I thought about HHN, but not too familiar with it, so I would have to do some research!

Upvote 0

yensid1967

See I have this problem when I am within 100 miles of Orlando. My family doesnt like me to speak of it as I guess I get a bit bent if I dont go to at least "ONE" special place. Yes I am in a group recieving therapy for it. :D I would throw Gatorland on there it is fun. We also keep saying Discovery Cove or Aquatica.
Been there, done that kinda thing. Wild Florida trumps over Gatorland. Wild Florida offers up close and personal activities: Sloth VIP (holding and feeding), Lemurs (holding and feeding), African Crested Porcupine and Capybara.
Then you have the drive thru safari and even A Painting with a Giraffe, which is a thought! But thanks for your input!

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

October 2026=Orlando Trip! Yeah, I know it's a few months away, but I have my reasons!
So, our 2026 trip is back on track! It will be a different trip...not focusing on Disney!
But here is the tentative itinerary because I am sure this will change over time!

October 3-11 2026
Saturday, October 3: Amtrak Travel 11:01am Departure Martinsburg, WVA
Sunday, October 4: Amtrak Travel: 10:39am Arrival Orlando, Fl, 4pm Hotel Check in
Monday, October 5: Sea World/Howl-O-Scream?
Tuesday, October 6: Tentative: MNSSHP
Wednesday, October 7: Wild Florida Safari Park/animal encounters
Thursday, October 8: I-Drive Day/Capone's Dinner Show
Friday, October 9: FREE DAY!
Saturday, October 10: Amtrak Travel 1:00pm Departure Orlando, FL
Sunday, October 11: Amtrak Travel 6:00pm Martinsburg, WVA

Total: $4764.00(2)/$2383.00(1)*
*includes $1,000.00 spending cash

So, what are your thoughts? Like I said, we are not focusing on Disney other than MNSSHP. We thought about going to IOA, but still up in the air!
God Bless you for being able to think this forward in the future.

I am just trying to get through the week and get to Friday.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
God Bless you for being able to think this forward in the future.

I am just trying to get through the week and get to Friday.
Well, the reason I plan ahead like this is that when you are on disability ya have to! But its all good...gives me something to do and keep myself out of trouble for a few years! LOL

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

Well, the reason I plan ahead like this is that when you are on disability ya have to! But its all good...gives me something to do and keep myself out of trouble for a few years! LOL

The DAS rules for both WDW and Univeral has changed. Be sure to check them out.

That said, who knows what the rules will be by 2026.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

celluloid

Gatorland is seriously the best bang for anyone's buck.

Its totally reasonable and you definitely spend half a day. It knows what it is and does it so dang well.

To original poster:

I also don't know how many people you are planning on covering admission to places for, but I might suggest a Platnium Pass if you were going to do Sea World and Howloscream anyway. That will get you unlimited days at Sea World, cheap ticket to Howloscream. Free premier parking for any of your days and nights there. If you wanted to make it down to Tampa you could. Admission to Busch Gardens Tampa and free parking. If you wanted Aquatica Orlando, Sea World's Water Park or Adventure Island, Busch' water park you could do that too.

I see you depart from WVA. If you could possibly get over to Williamsburg Va within the year's time for a day or couple that would also be covered under the Platnium Pass as it covers all of their owned parks and parking.

You also get great perks throughout the year and daily discounts on food and merch to the tune of 30 percent off with that pass. So it is really a great investment.

Just a note. Traditionally, no Howloscream on Mondays. Weekends have Howloscream in the evenings and unlimited trick or treating trail with a sea world tote!

Upvote 0
I hope it works out but for me booking or planning that far out wouldn't even get me excited it's too far away I booked a trip 12 months away and won't get excited until it gets closer

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom