Opinions on where to eat?

RJR7226

Original Poster
Hey everyone, as I am preparing for my trip in 22 days, I would love to get opinions from the experts (WDW Members of course!). We are deciding on what places to eat, we usually go to the same places every year and this year we are trying to mix it up a bit, If you can list some of your favorite places that would be a great help and if anyone knows if El Pirata Y el Perico is still open September 29-5 til I'd appreciate it a ton! Enjoy your day and thanks a lot

travelgip

Good luck getting sit down reservations at 22 days out :ROFLOL:
My favorites and you will usually have no problem getting in are:
Biergarten, Whispering Canyon Cafe (B or L), Citricos, Earl of Sandwich, Yachtsman's Steakhouse. Enjoy!:slurp:

Cindy'sBruno

I doubt you will be able to get in without a very long wait on the TS meals :eek: but to your question.....

MK....Crystal Palace
EPCOT....Chefs de France:slurp:, Coral Reef, Garden Grill
AK....Yak and Yeti:slurp:
HS....Sci Fi Dine, 50's Prime Time
Contemporary....Chef Mickey's
Poly....Ohana Breakfast
....Hoop De Doo
Cinderella's Royal Breakfast was good in 2006 but I've heard it isnt good anymore. These are all my favorites so far but there are so many more to choose from! Have fun!!!!:wave:

wdwmomof3

Like others have said, with free dining and all, I doubt you will get in at the table service places, so here are some of our favorite counter service places.

Magic Kingdom

Peco Bills, Cosmic Rays & Pinocchio Village Haus

Epcot

Sunshine Seasons & Electric Umbrella

Animal Kingdom

Flame Tree Barbecue & Pizzafari, or even better Rain Forrest Cafe

Hollywood Studios

Backlot Express & Staring Rolls Cafe

As far as our other favorites: Kona Cafe, Chef Mickeys, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Coral Reef (though last time it wasn't great) Crystal Palace, Le Cellier. Our best meal on our last trip, out of nine dinners was Kona Cafe. The food and everything was the best we had all week.
Hope this helps! :)

zurgandfriend

As others have stated on short notice it will be hard to get reservation but some I can think of that might be open are;
Grand Floridian Café
Restaurant Marrakesh
House of Blues
Nine Dragons
And as others have mentioned
Whispering Canyon
Kona Café
Biergarten
Twice we walked up to “The Brown Derby” and got seated, not sure if that’s because of the time or a testament to the food.
Also, Bistro de Paris used to only take reservation 30 days out, I’m not sure if they still do but that may be a possibility.
Some counter services we enjoy are;
Cosmic Rays -MK
Columbia House - MK
Sunshine Seasons - Epcot

Please let us know what you do get.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I agree with most on here that you might have tough luck with the TS dining. Try using Disney.com for dining reservations. I've had luck with it recently, just being able to choose, for example:
"Dinner at Epcot on this day" And it will list all your available options and times. It made things much easier for us this time when filling out the last of our ADRs (in August for our December trip) after we'd made the ones that "really mattered" at the 180 day mark.

Tomi-Rocket

Family faves....

I thought I'd list just the ones that my whole family enjoys -

Kona Cafe - Contemporary Hotel
Casey's Corner - MK
Beaches & Cream - Beach Club Hotel
Chef Mickey's (breakfast buffet) - Contemporary Hotel
50's Prime Time Cafe - HS

:slurp:

RJR7226

Original Poster
yea i know reservations are impossible 22 days out, But we booked trip last minutes 27 days out lol...normally do everything 180-90 days out but i def love all the suggestions and will see what we can do, we called a few places today and they said they have a few openings here and there so we will see what happens, but thanks so much cant wait to sit down and pick from all of your lists, thanks again!

MagicMegan

Ok lol this is hard... here's some of my favs

Table -
Yak & Yeti (tempura shrimp <3)
Big River Grille on the Boardwalk, which we can usually walk up to. Delish!
Tepan Edo
The Wave
Trainl's End Buffet

Counter Service -
Earl of Sandwich
Everything POP (tons to pick from!)
Pizza Planet
Restaurantosaurus
and the counter service in China in Epcot, but don't remember the name.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom