1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando' started by sublimesting, Jul 12, 2017.

1. sublimesting

sublimesting Well-Known Member

At Universal this year we were considering eating at Toothsome. We were there last year during a soft opening but didn't east there. But the concept and theming were quite intriguing. Also, I think the menu looks quite tasty.

2. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Well-Known Member

It is! Go hungry, the portions are huge. You can do appetizers if you are not real hungry or split a milkshake. The shakes can be had without getting seated.

3. disneygeek90

disneygeek90 Well-Known Member

The flatbreads are outstanding and reasonably priced. Also try the chocolate bread appetizer. It's literally like $3 and absolutely worth it. It's a pretty big size too. Every time I've gone there's been a decent wait, so go ahead with that in mind. They will text you when your table is ready so you can go walk around city walk/grab a drink while you wait.

4. sublimesting

sublimesting Well-Known Member Original Poster

Sounds good thanx guys! We'll go hungry. Good to know about the portion sizes and being texted!

disneygeek90 likes this.
  5. Corey P

Corey P Well-Known Member

Good place to eat, very busy though. It is worth it to go there.

6. trr1

trr1 Well-Known Member

we went at 11-12 am before the lunch rush. We walked right in and were seated and both Jock and Professor Toothsome were greeting tables. food is excellent

7. Corey P

I went after the parks closed and it was a zoo down stairs, outside and pretty much everywhere.

8. trr1

trr1 Well-Known Member

I think the best time is at opening as people are in the parks

9. Corey P

But I wanted dinner not breakfast.

10. trr1

trr1 Well-Known Member

the wait time at 730 pm when we went was 1 1/2 - 2 hours and 40 minutes for the shake line

11. Corey P

I bet. I was looking at 9 or so not the 7:30 rush hour. Surprisingly at 9 the crowd wasn't letting up much. I think we had about an hour wait. Lucky I wasn't that hungry.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    trr1 likes this.
  12. danpam1024

danpam1024 Well-Known Member

it was ok, but we went when it opened and waited almost 3 hours. Honestly I would have eaten my arm by then. We went back a few days later for desserts only and those were DELICIOUS. We haven't given it another shot simply because there are SO MANY good choices in CW and the hotels.

Disneyhead'71 likes this.
  13. sublimesting

sublimesting Well-Known Member Original Poster

So, what is everyone's favorite restaurants?

We eat at Mythos usually twice. Always hit Lombard's. Finnegans is really good too (Scotch Eggs). Ate at Three Broomsticks and Leaky Caludron. Although they were good I felt the food was more akin to counter service fare and slightly less good.

14. andysol

andysol Well-Known Member

Broomsticks and cauldron are counter service. The best counter service in Orlando IMO. Outside of those two- universal's quick service is the worst in Orlando. ;)
    As for table service- I like almost all of it- namely do to the price. Mythos is the Best But not anything to write home about. Finnegans is solid. I even like Confisco at IoA. I mean, you can pay $12 for a quick service burger, or $12 at Confisco (or even ~$14 for fajitas and split them). Finnegans and Confisco are same prices as QS, with wait service and higher quality. I never do QS in parks outside of HP.
    Places like the Plaza at MK, for example, id do for similar reasons. Nothing to write home about, but still better than QS. Why buy a burger at cosmic when I can get a much better one at the plaza for the exact same price (and after DVC or AP discount- it covers the tip). No brainer. However; Disney has raised even the price to where its $3-4 more now, but Universal hasn't smartened up yet. :)

As for overall restaurants there- nothing tops Tchoup Chop for me. September is the best time to eat at the resorts as it's restaurant month in Orlando and you can get 3 courses for $35-40

15. captainkidd

captainkidd Well-Known Member

Food was good. Dessert wasn't my cup of tea. Chocolate in shop was way overpriced. $8 for a candy bar.

16. OliveMcFly

OliveMcFly Well-Known Member

I only stopped to grab one of the insane milkshakes. It was good and the experience is cool. I would go again but get a different flavor and maybe share it.

JoeCamel and trr1 like this.
  17. captainkidd

captainkidd Well-Known Member

I think Universal quick service is much better than Disney's. Circus Magerkus, Thunder Falls, Monster Cafe, Fast Food Boulevard, Louies, all serve above average fast food. It's all overpriced, but it's a theme park.

trr1 likes this.