Opinions Needed on DDP Dining Choices & MK Dessert Party Packages

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Good afternoon!
I hope you’re all well. Me and my family of 4 (dh, dd7 and dd10) are staying 7 nights at Yacht Club this summer. We got the free DDP and it’s a first for us. We usually stay at the Swan & Dolphin and then pick 2-3 sit downs per trip that are must do's.

Here are a few of our initial choices for our 7 sit downs. I’d love to hear your feedback and recommendation.

1. Cafe May Cafe - breakfast
2. San Angel Inn - inside Mexico - dinner
3. Coral Reef - dinner
4. Crystal Palace - dinner
5 & 6. Le Cellier - dinner
7. Open to suggestions

I’d also like to hear your opinions on the dessert party in MK. It would be about $350 for my family to do but I really want to do it. We haven’t really stayed and watched the fireworks in a long time. I feel like buying the dessert party package would be a nice way to end our MK day and we would have a really good view too. I’d definitely like your thoughts on it.

Thanks! ❤️

Last edited:

Ms. Toad

I believe that Le Cellier and The Brown Derby cost two table service credits each. That's the only issue I can see with your plans. We scored free dining for August, too, and I can't hardly wait until June to book dining!

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I believe that Le Cellier and The Brown Derby cost two table service credits each. That's the only issue I can see with your plans. We scored free dining for August, too, and I can't hardly wait until June to book dining!
Ah yes, you are indeed correct. I greatly appreciate that information. Back to the drawing board. I think I still want to do Le Cellier and maybe skip Brown Derby. We’ve never done Le Cellier so it’s a must for us on our upcoming trip!
Thanks again for the info. 😊

Eric Graham

Akershus might be a better bet than the San Angel Inn if you have princesses in your family. They may enjoy having a meal with the Disney princesses at Norway. Be Our Guest can be magical to see it snow inside and the rose is very wonderful. The menu is just alright. Your family may enjoy taking a drive to Animal Kingdom Lodge to dine at Boma. The buffet is wonderful. It can be very nice to meet with the Animal Kingdom cast members before/after dinner while you all view the wonderful animals. I would also skip the Brown Derby. We remember when it had a lot better menu. I would skip the Coral Reef also. The food is just alright.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Akershus might be a better bet than the San Angel Inn if you have princesses in your family. They may enjoy having a meal with the Disney princesses at Norway. Be Our Guest can be magical to see it snow inside and the rose is very wonderful. The menu is just alright. Your family may enjoy taking a drive to Animal Kingdom Lodge to dine at Boma. The buffet is wonderful. It can be very nice to meet with the Animal Kingdom cast members before/after dinner while you all view the wonderful animals. I would also skip the Brown Derby. We remember when it had a lot better menu. I would skip the Coral Reef also. The food is just alright.
BOG is 2 credits

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
San Angel is a must do as it is tradition that we eat there on our last night. We have been to Akershus before and I do agree that it is a magical way to meet the princesses…. Definitely going to put that on our “maybe” list. We did BOG two years ago and we really did like it in there. We havent done Crystal Palace before so I think we’ll stick with that for MK. I LOVE the idea of going to AKL and checking out the hotel and eating at Boma…. Will be looking into their menus asap.
Thanks for so many wonderful ideas! 😊

Worldlover71

I have never attended a dessert party for two reasons. First, I don't feel that the view of the fireworks from the Tommorowland Terrace is very good. It's nice to have a seat, but I would rather stand and have a better view. Second, I love sweets, but there are only so many I can (or should) eat. You can also have a drink or two, but, in my opinion, it still doesn't even come close to justifying the price, especially for the kids.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I have never attended a dessert party for two reasons. First, I don't feel that the view of the fireworks from the Tommorowland Terrace is very good. It's nice to have a seat, but I would rather stand and have a better view. Second, I love sweets, but there are only so many I can (or should) eat. You can also have a drink or two, but, in my opinion, it still doesn't even come close to justifying the price, especially for the kids.
I appreciate your honest opinion. I think a cast member takes the group to a special standing viewing area though. I will agree that the price is steep for what you get.

Chi84

Premium Member
I appreciate your honest opinion. I think a cast member takes the group to a special standing viewing area though. I will agree that the price is steep for what you get.
There are separate reservations for dessert parties with Tomorrowland Terrace seating and those with garden viewing. The latter are listed as "pre" or "post" parties. Maybe you already know this, but for anyone who doesn't - make sure you reserve the one you want.

Eric Graham

🤔 I like this. Can you see the castle? I’m assuming no…
Actually, we did it for our honeymoon. It was very special. We did a private fireworks cruise. I believe though that you can book something like that for 10 people. We ended up traveling to the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom and then the captain took us over to the waters of Epcot. I cannot remember what order they were. I believe that they now just do cruises to one or the other. I'm pretty sure we did see the castle. You may want to check with Disney about that. That was many a moon ago. Here is more information about it if you'd like: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/specialty-cruises/ On our boat adventure, the captain also had told us a story about how that Drew Carey from the Price is Right had come down there recently and taken a boat out. They were saying how nice he was. The captains are very hospitable. You probably already know this but one perk about staying at at the Yacht club is that how that you can see the fireworks from the resort, or balcony if you have a balcony view facing the water. I believe you can have food too on the boat also, or have them arrange food for you if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

Eric Graham

The Boathouse is also a wonderful restaurant at Disney Springs if you like seafood. We've always enjoyed it there. TREX may be more fun for the children, and we really like Yak and Yeti at Animal Kingdom. Those two restaurants are owned by the same company Landry's. If you end up joining Landry's Select Club(I don't work for them). Then you pay a fee and they give you a gift card back. Also it enables you to get almost immediate access to reservations just by joining. They also give you a reward on your birthday.

Eric Graham

San Angel is a must do as it is tradition that we eat there on our last night. We have been to Akershus before and I do agree that it is a magical way to meet the princesses…. Definitely going to put that on our “maybe” list. We did BOG two years ago and we really did like it in there. We havent done Crystal Palace before so I think we’ll stick with that for MK. I LOVE the idea of going to AKL and checking out the hotel and eating at Boma…. Will be looking into their menus asap.
Thanks for so many wonderful ideas! 😊
Sure, definitely.. So glad to help. We went with my sister and my nephew and niece together to Disney years ago. The kids really loved Crystal Palace. They really loved the Pooh characters. And I've danced with Pooh bear and friends at Halloween events before. So much fun! And it was very special that my wife gave me a cameo from Winnie the Pooh at Christmas. It was very special because my dog's name is Belle but her nickname is Pooh bear. On a side note, my niece was younger at the time when we went and she said she didn't believe in the characters, but when she met Mirada at the park the look on her face was just so timeless. They really loved the Pooh characters. And I've danced with Pooh bear and friends at Halloween events before. So much fun! Hope you all have a wonderful trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom