Online Check-in or not?

I have done it and not done it. I can't really tell the difference. Does anyone have a solid preference, and why? Trying to decide for our April trip. Also, will it in any way effect a request?

disney4life2008

Depends on the experience you want...

A) If you want to walk in; get your check in materials and be off to your room (if ready) in less than 5 minutes (depending on season) do online check in. Everything is already prepared but the CMs will answer questions.

or

B) If you want the personalized one on one experience - do not check in online. I actually like standing in line myself and letting the excitement build. If you have specific room requests - its probably best to do that in the regular line.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I have done it and not done it. I can't really tell the difference. Does anyone have a solid preference, and why? Trying to decide for our April trip. Also, will it in any way effect a request?

I always check in at the desk and skip online check in. It is not supposed to effect a request. But, I always call and confirm reservation and that the room request is in the system. And confirm again in person at check in .

Upvote 0

DreaminO'Disney

Original Poster
I always check in at the desk and skip online check in. It is not supposed to effect a request. But, I always call and confirm reservation and that the room request is in the system. And confirm again in person at check in .

Thanks! I have called 3 times to confirm my request. Since check-in is Sunday, April 22nd and the crowds should be relatively low, I think we will just do it when we get there.

I honestly couldn't tell that the online check-in was any faster than just doing it the old-fashioned way!:shrug:

Upvote 0

JSkellington#31

on-lin check-in

I have used on line check-in three times this year at pop. Each time a CM has come up to me in line and retrieved my packet. each time my special request fridge was waiting in my room. After two hours fighting I75 & I4 traffic this is the only way to go

Upvote 0

vjgraham

Ever since online check in was made possible, we have used it. Would not ever go back to regular check in. Just want to get our packet and get started with vacation asap.

Upvote 0
Totally agree...if you want a better room choice and want to talk about your options...wait til you get there. If not, go with online check in. :) Smooth either way and really not much more time involved to wait. Especially if you let them know you have been there a hundred times and they'll gladly bypass the intro and get you moved along.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I prefer online as we typically arrive rather early and the number of times the room has been ready has drastically increased since online check in. We are also frequently pressed for time and being able to grab n go is a big plus.

Upvote 0

bethymouse

Not Online

I have not tried online, but I too enjoy the CMs and the questions that they answer for me. I always like to request the best room like the closest to the pools and/or dining area. At WL we got a bunkbed room for our boys by request. If staying at the POLY, I doubt if you can request a specific longhouse by using online check-in. It's just a personal preference. My boys like to look around and watch the movie/cartoons while waiting. Then we hit the pools and grab a bite to eat:p

Upvote 0

WDWfanboy

I've used online check in the last two years at the Poly and the Contemporary and in both cases my room requests were satisfied(I requested the rooms about a week in advance). I would recommend online check
in every time.

Upvote 0

BrittanyRose428

I've only used online check in once (because we usually stay at Shades of Green). But last summer at the Contemporary it worked out just fine. Side note-- We paid for one of the garden wings, but when I did the online check-in I requested close to transportation, and when we checked in we ended up in the tower with a view of Bay Lake. I don't know if that was because I requested close to transportation or if it just wasn't busy that week and they felt like doing that or w/e but it was definitely nice. And I liked just getting the folder and going on our way, if it was a first time visit regular check in might be good, but for right now we'd rather just get going.

Upvote 0

Bowler Hat Girl

I really didn't notice a huge difference between online check-in and just checking in on arrival. I've done online check-in in the past for the Contemporary, but there was never a long line for regular check-in there, so I don't know that it bought us anything. Our room wasn't ready when we got there (it was early in the day), and we essentially had to put the big vacation packet in one of our bags, which they kept at bell services while we went to MK. Last month, I had made a building request at POR, and even though I had called to confirm the request before arriving, I was paranoid and opted not to do online check-in. We were at the front desk for awhile to do regular check-in, but it was because the CM was doing everything she could to accomodate us, and it was well worth it.

Upvote 0
Online Check in or Not

i have to say it is better to do in person if you get there before the masses you have a better chance to request better room without having to get charges a upcharge, also if you are not satisfied face to face, you have a chance to speak with someone to correct

Upvote 0

SMS55

Ever since online check in was made possible, we have used it. Would not ever go back to regular check in. Just want to get our packet and get started with vacation asap.

Same here. If I had a question, I usually called before and have it answered. Last trip was the only one that the fridge wasn't in the room. We went to eat and when we got back it was in the room. Only blip we've had with on-line check in.

Upvote 0
also id like to point out.. just like the banks trying to train you to do your buisness at A.t.m.s ... it always turns into a reason to reduce PAYROLL and COSTS.. so if everyone does online, guess what happens to a few cast members JOBS?? just saying:shrug:

Upvote 0

Disney05

We've always just checked in at the desk. We've never had to wait. Maybe it's the times we arrive. But I also like chatting with the CM.

Upvote 0

BrittanyRose428

This might be a stupid question, but for everyone whose saying they prefer to check in, in person, in case they have questions: why wouldn't you be able to get your questions answered with online check in? You still have to go to the front desk to get the packet, where there is a CM, who can answer questions, and you could still call the same phone number to request things in advance, right?

Upvote 0

I_heart_Tigger

also id like to point out.. just like the banks trying to train you to do your buisness at A.t.m.s ... it always turns into a reason to reduce PAYROLL and COSTS.. so if everyone does online, guess what happens to a few cast members JOBS?? just saying:shrug:

I don't know that it would take away that many jobs unless it's just more efficient so they need less CM's in the run of a day but there IS a CM there who will also answer all of your questions. I would think that it is more just moving a CM from the regular check in line to the online check in line.

I have only done online check in twice but I will from now on. It just gets me to the parks faster because they don't have to ask for my info and print everything off - that part already done.

I also have requested certain things on my reservation and every request has been granted. Even when I put on my last trip that my niece was turning 8 on check in day - they actually greeted her right at the bus (I suspect the driver must have called ahead) Welcomed "Princess" to her resort and had balloons and a birthday pin with our check in packet.

The service for online check in is not lacking in quality...it is just more efficient.

But I don't want anyone else here to do it because you'll make the online check in lineup longer :lol::lookaroun

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This might be a stupid question, but for everyone whose saying they prefer to check in, in person, in case they have questions: why wouldn't you be able to get your questions answered with online check in? You still have to go to the front desk to get the packet, where there is a CM, who can answer questions, and you could still call the same phone number to request things in advance, right?
Correct, although online check in was intended to be grab and go, the CM will not refuse to answer questions or make room changes.

Upvote 0

shipley731

I almost always use online check in. We tend to stay in the same handful of hotels & I can recite their spiels as well as the CM's. However, about 3 months ago, I did this and it turned out that we didn't arrive at the hotel until about 10:30pm. By that time, they had already shut down the online check in line. We got there right after a magical express bus had pulled in & there were about 12 families waiting ahead of me to check in. Online check in didn't help me out in that instance. Otherwise, the online check in has always been fast and convenient. My requests have always been honored as well.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom