One week to go!

Glasgow

Ok - we're down to one week to go now before we're back at AKL ... yeah! I'm wondering what sort of things everyone does once their vacation is nearly upon them. I'm not talking about packing or getting the house ready, I'm talking about stuff to make your vacation more fun.

Personally, I like to stop listening to park music (except maybe extinct attractions) when our vacation gets close and also plan out which days we're going to go to which parks (a tentative plan, of course). Our daughter is a little older now too so I like to ask her if she knows who she is going to see at Disneyworld --- the answers are normally pretty funny.

What sort of things do you do?? :wave:

H20Babie

We watch Disney movies, especially ones that have attractions or shows in the parks. We've been watching one movie per night, for the last week or so now.

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

I have an almost 3 year old daughter. I did a countdown calender for the last 25 days before our trip. Its kinda like an advent calender but with a disney flare on it.

Also this week we are watching one Dinsey movie each night. Not sure how that is different than any other week of the year, since she is all about the princesses. We are 46.5 hours away form when we leave....

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

We pull out past years Disney Vacation videos (and we got a lot of them!) and enjoy! Fun to see my 22 year old son as a 2 year old talking to Figment..... On our drive down (2 days) we save our Disney music for the 2nd day to make it all the more exciting. Hearing the Epcot entrance music again is my favorite!! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

marcriss

I made an advent-like calendar too, for 16 days out. On each pocket I have a disney sticker from the 4 Parks, 1 world assortment. My two year old is telling the character for each day and my 6 year old is identifying the attraction & park featured each day. There's a chocolate for each in the pockets. 14 days and counting!

Upvote 0

Glasgow

Original Poster
I like the calendar idea - that is creative! We've been doing a countdown thing on the fridge, too, but just with an erasable marker board. Our daughter isn't quite old enough to know exactly what is going on but she can name off about 8 characters so far - Can't wait to see her at the parades!!

Upvote 0

H20Babie

My son and I watched WDW home movies last night ... from when I was about 13 or so. He couldn't believe that Granddad had hair and Uncle J (my brother who was 10 at the time) talked so high! I had to explain the Skyway and 20000 Leagues ... he was disappointed he never got to ride them.

We have a countdown calendar going on too, and a phone call from Mickey is scheduled before he goes to bed our last night at home :)

Upvote 0
My family and I start digging out the pictures from our previous trip and talk about what we want to see and do, every trip is different so we try to mix it up. We talk about our favorite food, and were to eat, our favorite rides and some rides we just don't want to or rides we don't care to ride. We also have a DVR and start watching on the specials from Travel net work about the history of the parks. What a lot of fun, Disney is such a great way to bring the family together.:)

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

I've been watching Disney movies for the past few days also - 23 days to go for us! I've also made a countdown calendar for my niece & nephew that starts on Thanksgiving - that's the day we'll be telling them about the trip. I can't believe we've managed to keep it a secret this long!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom