One Sentence Contest

insanepizzaguy

I would choose to bring back the Rhine River Cruise as it would draw people to the World Showcase and to the Germany pavilion. It would make the Germany pavilion much more than just a restaurant with a music show, it would also have land that it could easily be build on.

Turtle

Original Poster
PUSH VS INSANEPIZZAGUY

I considered several different rides, but I decided to pick The Great Muppet Movie Ride, which is a ride similar to the Great Movie Ride, only with a humorous Muppet twist. This would add another much needed family ride to DHS and decrease wait times at other attractions, while still being relevant due to the recent Muppets movie.
The Great Muppet Movie Ride would be a great addition. Adds variety to the park by bringing a classic Disney dark ride ride, bringing a family ride to the Studios (lowering down Toy Story Mania), and giving the Muppets a well-deserved mini land in the parks.

I would choose to bring back the Rhine River Cruise as it would draw people to the World Showcase and to the Germany pavilion. It would make the Germany pavilion much more than just a restaurant with a music show, it would also have land that it could easily be build on.
While the Rhine River cruise is a nice concept for World Showcase, it doesn't have the "Boom" interest factor that The Great Muppet Movie Ride (in PUSH's concept) would have. And Epcot already has multiple water based rides (Living with the Land, Maelstrom, The Seas, Grand Fiesta Tour)

PUSH advances to the final round

Turtle

Original Poster
UNKADUG VS RCT247

This is a tough one.

I'm gonna go with Beastly Kingdomme as it would complete the imagery of the original DAK logo artwork along with bringing some much needed people eater attractions to the park. It would be a much more encompassing/accessible idea than the current notion for a DAK expansion.
Animal Kingdom desperately needs attractions and having fantasy creatures would be great and more appealing/universally-recognized as opposed to Avatar.

I would dust off the plans of "Dick Tracey's Crime Stoppers" (renamed just "Crime Stoppers") for Disney's Hollywood Studios finally bringing the thrill of a police chase to guests. The plans for this attractions looked spectacular and with today's special effects, it would rival Spiderman & Transformers just down the road while being unique with its gangster theme.
While that ride would be great, it comes down to comparing this to Beastly Kingdom (Unkadug's submission).The problem at DHS isn't the lack of e-tickets. It's the lack of small attractions. Animal Kingdom faces a similar situation. Adding one attraction right next to 2 other e-tickets wouldn't be the best as compared to three new attractions opening at AK.

Unkadug advances to the final round.

Turtle

Original Poster
3rd Place Match

This is to find out who ranks as third place. The two opponents who did not advance to the finals (Rct247 and Insanepizzaguy) will compete.

What habit/niche/trait of recent Imagineering is a downward spiral and why?

(Something different. Rather than asking "What would you do?", I'm asking "What would you NOT do?")

rct247

UNKADUG VS RCT247

While that ride would be great, it comes down to comparing this to Beastly Kingdom (Unkadug's submission).The problem at DHS isn't the lack of e-tickets. It's the lack of small attractions. Animal Kingdom faces a similar situation. Adding one attraction right next to 2 other e-tickets wouldn't be the best as compared to three new attractions opening at AK.

Unkadug advances to the final round.

I'm fine with the ranking, but I thought we could only pick an attraction, not an entire land or set of attractions. :grumpy:

rct247

Screens: so many new attractions rely heavily on screens rather than actual props and figures including Toy Story Midway Mania, Soarin', Gran Fiesta Tour, Test Track 2.0, The Seas with Nemo & Friends, Spaceship Earth, etc. While use of screens isn't always bad including in the examples given, but relying on them too much could be a bad thing.

(Side note note related to submission. If it was what is corporate doing that I would not do... it would be insisting on meet and greets as an attraction. lol)

Turtle

Original Poster
Alright, moving right along! Rct247 wins third place. And now...

The final challenge between PUSH and Unkadug..... *drum roll*

THE FINAL CHALLENGE - What should the next Magic Kingdom crowd eater be? (This could be an e-ticket, land, restaurant, walk through, show, etc.)

PUSH

I would make a mini-land within Fantasyland themed towards villains since fans have been asking for it for a while now. The mini-land would include a Maleficent coaster, a villain dark ride (containing various villains), and a villain themed gift shop.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The next crowd eater should be a redo of Adventureland including the removal of the spinner to bring AL back to it's splendor and the addition of a hybrid between the ideas of Bald/Fire Mountain to be built on the expansion pad behind Jungle Cruise. Use the original ideas but include today's ride technology.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom