One Sentence Competition: Pitching Elevators - The Game Begins!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
CnSJFPk.png

Let's see what Joe Disney thinks!
imaginations

View attachment 764643
As if the stars align, Disney sets up for another home run in Disney Springs with a new starry imagineering-themed Disney100 interactive exhibition, named Imaginations, where after drifting into an Animation-Academy-esque Stargazer Atrium with giant screens similar to DCA and thousands of tiny, sparkling lights, guests can branch off into three "halls" centered around yesterday, today and tomorrow, with the first, The Hall of Recollection centered around the history of Disney Imagineering, a "library" of sorts filled with concept art, models, and old technology, acting as a museum that Florida sorely needs. The second (taking over the entire second floor), The Hall of Invention, is a fully interactive experience where guests contribute to designing a land concept (which changes weekly to give returnees a fresh experience) by playing in exhibits exploring different senses: for example, you can design park music in the Sound Lab, create new dishes (and have a chance to smell them) in the Taste Lab, and draw characters in the Art Lab, which all lead to the hallmark VR experience (visitors will see the concept from other visitors of the past week) where you can actually "tour" a theme park land with holotile technology. The third is the Hall of Imagination, where you can step into a blue-sky seasonal mini-land with indoor facades, a changing simulator attraction, and dining, which allows Imagineers to test possible future ideas like Wakanda, Encanto, or San Franasokyo on guests, giving them a sample of the future ahead...

Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse ''Partners'' Light-Up Ear Headband for Adults  – Disney100 | shopDisney''Partners'' Light-Up Ear Headband for Adults  – Disney100 | shopDisney
BONUS: ImaginEars

Combined with the starry aesthetic of the exhibition is Disney's Imagination's glowingly unique (and uniquely expensive) mickey ears, a merchandise that will truly inspire you with its sparkling technology- just like the Magicbands, the stars and lights on the ImaginEars can change color in tune with a show, night parade, or an area in the building itself!
This sounds like a blast and a great blend high tech and whimsy. A small museum, interactive games that encourage creativity and collaboration, and then tech demos that let imagineers use guests as guinea pigs. The VR experience going through past guest creations really ties the Hall of Invention together too. I was a bit worried it would be too niche, but a "gimmick" like that would really help it appeal to general public and not just us weirdos on armchair imagineering forums :p

+1 Bonus - A great way to let guests glow with the show

Mickey's Magic Castle
View attachment 764658

In the mid-90's, Disney was working to add a themed restaurant of Copperfield: Magic Underground which would consist of magicians rotating through the restaurant's main stage as guests ate; but was eventually scrapped. Now, the concept is revived with Mickey's Magic Castle, an experience where guests can go through multiple levels of the all things magic. The Main floor consists of the original restaurant concept open to anyone with a reservation while the upper levels consist of places to learn the history of magic through the years (including Disney Magic like Yen Sid), a level to learn magic from expert magicians, and a level where guests can get a closer look at a wide range of magicians without having to eat at the restaurant.

Bonus: Guests can buy their own Disney themed Magic kits to enjoy practicing the magic they saw in the Castle.
View attachment 764660
As a kid, I think I quite literally would've been willing to kill a man to get a hold of the magic kit you have pictured there it looks so cool. I would've loved this when I was younger and I think a magic show is a great fit. I feel the idea falls a part a bit trying to fill four floors. I think you would have been better off making it a museum full of illusions (like Wonder Works or the Gardens of Wonder from Hong Kong Disneyland) that ties in thematically. And then maybe had the magic lessons as a seperate experience with classes in the afternoon for kids who want to learn how the sausage is made. As it stands, the museum is neat but everything else feels either repetitive or like it would ruin the illusion that guests are paying to see. That being said the base concept here is great and a magic show restaurant is such a natural fit for Springs that it boggles my mind it doesn't exist already. It really is a no brainer slam dunk

+1 Bonus - I want it
Meow Wolf: Orlando

View attachment 764678

Meow Wolf currently has four trippy, unique, immersive, collaborative art experiences that are interactive walkthrough exhibits transporting guests into new worlds where the rules no longer make sense. Adding a fifth installation to Disney Springs would both add a location to the east coast for Meow Wolf as well as fitting perfectly with Disneys creativity and storytelling aspects. Dedicating the first floor to a more child engaging set up, the middle three to all ages, and the top floor to be a bar done in equally weird and confusing ways to the rest of Meow Wolfs locations makes this an interesting and fitting choice for the old DisneyQuest building.

Bonus: Guests can purchase scavenger hunt maps to encourage thorough exploration and will receive a small plush "creature" found in the exhibit to take home upon completion.
When Omega Mart went viral a couple years ago, I was sure Disney or Universal would jump at the chance for a Meow Wolf exhibit. These seem perfect for a touristy spot like Orlando, yet they are artistically done enough to appease the more high end/trendy crowds that Disney Springs often attracts. Fun and engaging. Unique and whimsical. They've proven to be big draws already. Seems like a perfect brand deal for Disney! I particularly like the thought that went into the floors starting with the kids and going up to a bar up top. No notes this is pretty much perfect.

+1 Bonus- "creature"
The Grand Hall
pasted_stained-glass-ceiling_c-1.jpg
In what was once the NBA Experience lies a magical hall where guests are invited to explore and marvel at the wonders of fantasy and imagination. Each floor is unique, being home to a specific realm with a main draw. The first is dedicated to an Ole European castle with an escape room through a dragon's lair, the second is an Arabian cavern with a mini-golf course, the third set in the jungles of India with go-karts modeled after old racing cars, the fourth is the ruins of an ancient underwater city with an interactive simulator exploring the depths for the fabled Crown of King Poseidon, and the last is an art gallery where creative shines brightest with interactive displays.
Bonus:
A10oe1vemeL.jpg
Guests visiting the Sunken City floor can get their own treasure chest, with candy jewels, bags of assorted candy and chocolate coins galore, it's the perfect plunder for those with a sweet tooth.
The different realms are a fun way to make the different floors feel distinct, yet they all fit a similar vibe to feel cohesive. Escape rooms, mini-golf, go karts, a simulator, and an art museum. All good options to help draw guests in and all unique experiences that would add a lot to Springs. This would definitely be a draw. I think that maybe choosing the three strongest themes/activities and focusing on that might have been a bit better. As it stands you could spend your whole day in this one building without even touching the rest of Springs because there's so much fun stuff to do here. Which is great for an indoor theme park type thing, but a bit much for what is meant to be one part of a larger day at Springs. Overall though I do really love it and I don't know what I would even cut

+1 Bonus - Treasure!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
9wYfNiB.png

wfH4MNC.png

@AceAstro - Mickey's Magic Castle

The Honorable Mention goes to someone who's project excelled in one field, but did not quite make the cut for a medal for whatever reason. This was easily my favorite concept. But I just feel like the pavilion needed a bit more work. If you were given more time to fully develop this and tweaked a few things this has the potential to easily be something absolutely incredible

fi8BZ2h.png

@WaltWiz1901 - WED

It was tough to pick my favorite of the Disney Quest revivals, but I think this one found the right balance between old and new. A perfect blend of niche ideas for fans and crowd pleasing fun.

oUugaAj.png

@DisneyManOne - Blast Off

A simple pitch and a great idea can go a long way in this game. This was focused and creative. Taking a proven concept, giving a uniquely Disney twist, and then placing it in a perfect spot. Love it

33sYVki.png

@major.hatter - Meow Wolf: Orlando

Really just a perfect fit for Disney Springs and a great way to round out the day there!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Scene Nine
The Penultimate Potty

YAja0sT.png

Welcome one and all to the ninth (and second to last) prompt of the One Sentence Competition: Pitching Elevators!
Feel free to join in even if you missed the previous rounds

-The Set Up-
It is the Present Day and you are in an Elevator with the head of Imagineering, Joe Disney!

At Disney, Imagineers try to make every single part of the experience magical and memorable.

Every

Single

Part

(Click the picture for a more detailed look at the Tangled Restrooms)

The Tangled Restrooms might be the most well known, but Walt Disney World and other theme parks are full of well themed bathrooms. From the firehouse restroom at Disney Springs to the restroom carved out of a mountain at Typhoon Lagoon. From the train station restroom at Storybook Circus to the (downright terrifying) Kindergarten Classroom restroom near Barney at Universal Orlando. These kinds of often overlooked details are what really set parks like Disney and Universal apart.

-Challenge-
Pitch a Themed Restroom for the Theme Park of your Choice

-Rules-
  • Please keep in mind what IPs Disney (or whichever park you choose) has access to or would realistically license. This does take place in present day so all current IP is fair game​
  • You may use between 1 to 3 sentences and up to 1 image
  • No AI generated artwork, writing, or assistance in the brainstorming process is allowed​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Saturday, January 27th at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time)
4 days from now.

-Tips-

K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

BONUS: Penultimate Potty the Prequel

Add a specialty drink or snack that can be sold near your restroom.
Consider the a prelude of sorts for the main attraction
You may use 1 Sentence and 1 Picture
This bonus results in automatic bonus point

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

Disney Warrior

Underground Utilities
IMG_5378.png

Starting in 2025, at Super Nintendo World in Epic Universe, guests can enter a bathroom themed to the levels below the surface from all of the mainline Mario games (because after all, the Mario brothers are plumbers). While in the restroom, guests can look at murals that are styled like the underground levels from the original Super Mario Bros (complete with enemies like Goombas and Koopas) and listen to a soundtrack composed of underground level themes. Additionally, you can hear sound effects from Mario games in the restroom and in the toilets (you can play levels from Super Mario Bros while doing your business) as you continue your adventure in Universal’s newest park.

Bonus:
IMG_5379.jpeg

In a snack cart located near the restroom, you can buy specialty Goomba cupcakes (themed to an enemy that frequents the underground levels); chocolate cupcakes topped with chocolate icing, decorated to look like a Goomba from the games.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

The Ratatouille Bathrooms
Put a restroom near the Ratatouille ride - yes, another one. Y'know, since the ride itself is crap! As far as theming goes, the toilets and sinks are made out of kitchen appliances, for everyone who ever wanted to take a dump in a giant cooking pot.

1706100181165.png
Bonus: After you take a dump, you're immediately handed a bottle of prune juice - so you'll have to go right back in!

OvertheHorizon

Magic Loo.jpg

Well Joe, after eight tries and one “Honorable Mention,” I’ve got zero chance of winning this competition, so might as well swing for the fences and propose a half-dozen MAGIC LOOs near the exit of the Kilimanjaro Safari at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. These mud and grass hut (single use, unisex) structures will add authenticity to what it’s like to travel to remote locations in Africa. Guests will encounter a dirt floor with a deep hole, plus a convenient fold-down board with a hand-carved hole to fit nearly any size tush, and I think we can bring this immersive experience to life (because calling it “Magic” makes it more special) for just under $1.8 million. ;)

BONUS: As thirsty guests exit the safari ride, they can purchase a Purple Afrikaner Cocktail, a blend of organic prune juice, Amarula cream liqueur, fresh squeezed lime juice, low fat milk, and crushed ice – and with that prune juice – a perfect prompt to visit our new Magic Loo.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Andy's Old Toilet
Andy's old toilet is finally being thrown away, but he begs his mom to let him add the toilet to his outdoor theme park play set (Toy Story Land at DHS)–for some reason, his mom agrees to this, after a thorough cleansing. Guests at DHS will find that Andy put a lot of work into his old toilet, creating men's, women's, and single person miniature bathrooms within, as well as water fountains built into the side of the toilet. To adults, it's just a bathroom building that looks like a toilet, but to children of all ages, it's a bathroom trip they'll never forget.

1706114739004.png

Bonus: What's a better prelude to a giant bathroom trip than a giant sized portion of curry, served in one of Andy's bottle caps?

WaltWiz1901

Big Blue House Bathrooms

Screenshot 2024-01-24 123024.png
What better way to theme the restrooms near Disney Junior Dance Party! in both Hollywood Studios and California Adventure, pay homage to one of Playhouse Disney’s biggest shows back in the day (Bear in the Big Blue House), and bring more Muppet representation into both parks all at once than to theme them to Tutter the mouse’s mousehole - and specifically, his bathroom (pictured here) - and the bathroom upstairs in the Big Blue House? These restrooms are sure to reassure the little ones that they, too, can join the ranks of the Toileteers!

Bonus
To continue the Bear theme, a triple-berry pie is one of the foods on the menu at Schmoozies! nearby.

Last edited:

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
View attachment 764717
Well Joe, after eight tries and one “Honorable Mention,” I’ve got zero chance of winning this competition, so might as well swing for the fences and propose a half-dozen MAGIC LOOs near the exit of the Kilimanjaro Safari at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. These mud and grass hut (single use, unisex) structures will add authenticity to what it’s like to travel to remote locations in Africa. Guests will encounter a dirt floor with a deep hole, plus a convenient fold-down board with a hand-carved hole to fit nearly any size tush, and I think we can bring this immersive experience to life (because calling it “Magic” makes it more special) for just under $1.8 million. ;)

BONUS: As thirsty guests exit the safari ride, they can purchase a Purple Afrikaner Cocktail, a blend of organic prune juice, Amarula cream liqueur, fresh squeezed lime juice, low fat milk, and crushed ice – and with that prune juice – a perfect prompt to visit our new Magic Loo.
I have to say that is very authentic.

Miru

s-l1200.webp
That’s All Folks! Restrooms.

Found at various Six Flags parks; these restrooms are themed around the iconic Looney Tunes end titles! Visitors walk through that swirly card, walking into the dot in the center, then sitting down behind a door showing a drum, like the older endings of the show.

Bonus - That’s Edible, Folks! Cinnamon rolls shaped much like the “That’s All Folks” cards are for sale here, frosted with the iconic text.

AceAstro

T-Rex Toilets
1706143783673.png

Located next to Thunder Falls Terrace, a new set of restrooms open up themed to the ones seen near the T-Rex Paddock in Jurassic Park. While the outside is themed to match the movie, the inside is seemingly a normal bathroom. That is, until a guest spends too long in the bathroom, as the roof turns out to be a scrim, revealing a large T-Rex head looming over the bathroom ready to eat anyone for spending too much time.

Bonus: Added to Thunder Falls Terrace is Triceratops Droppings: a desert consisting of chocolate, butter, coconut, and oats rolled into smaller handheld snacks.
1706144685137.png

Solaris Knight

Journey of Water Bathrooms

1706146294110.png

While seeming to be vulgar to remember, the history of public sanitation and water supply is itself also part of the water cycle, so these whimsical bathrooms festooned with bamboo doors and seashells embedded in the walls are educational as well as useful. Plastered on the walls of stall doors and urinals are historical and scientific but not too dry charts and timelines about how bathrooms are also part of the water ecosystem, providing fun facts to help keep your brain occupied while things "move along". Soothing blues and greens and coconut and pineapple smells piped in immerse you in ancient Polynesia while making your bathroom experience as pleasant as possible while you plan your next adventure in Epcot.

Bonus: Kakamora Cooler

1706146974118.png

This delicious and frosty coconut milk and date milkshake is sure to keep your body's own journey moving, complete with a whimsically decorated kakamori coconut patty as a garnish.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Whimsi-Wonder Restrooms

1706152036254.png

This restroom at magic kingdom will combine all of the lands of magic kingdom into this one singular restroom. Murals decorate the walls with designs based on Disney movies and theme park rides, each stall is themed to the many lands of the magic kingdom from the jungle sounds of Adventureland to the sounds of spaceships taking off from Tomorrowland, each stall with come with specific sounds that will truly make this normal looking restroom into an experience of itself, there will be magical mirrors where a character will replace you for a short period of time, there will also be dancing water fountains and the sinks will glow a specific color while a hand is close to it. This restroom will truly give guests an experience similar to a ride rather than an ordinary restroom.

1706151808936.png

Bonus: outside of the restrooms will be a cart that will sell different foods and drinks themed to different lands, main example will be the poison apple from Snow White as a candy(obviously not poisoned).

Last edited:

Suchomimus

Meow Wolf: Orlando

View attachment 764678

Meow Wolf currently has four trippy, unique, immersive, collaborative art experiences that are interactive walkthrough exhibits transporting guests into new worlds where the rules no longer make sense. Adding a fifth installation to Disney Springs would both add a location to the east coast for Meow Wolf as well as fitting perfectly with Disneys creativity and storytelling aspects. Dedicating the first floor to a more child engaging set up, the middle three to all ages, and the top floor to be a bar done in equally weird and confusing ways to the rest of Meow Wolfs locations makes this an interesting and fitting choice for the old DisneyQuest building.

Bonus: Guests can purchase scavenger hunt maps to encourage thorough exploration and will receive a small plush "creature" found in the exhibit to take home upon completion.
When Omega Mart went viral a couple years ago, I was sure Disney or Universal would jump at the chance for a Meow Wolf exhibit. These seem perfect for a touristy spot like Orlando, yet they are artistically done enough to appease the more high end/trendy crowds that Disney Springs often attracts. Fun and engaging. Unique and whimsical. They've proven to be big draws already. Seems like a perfect brand deal for Disney! I particularly like the thought that went into the floors starting with the kids and going up to a bar up top. No notes this is pretty much perfect.

+1 Bonus- "creature"
Meow Wolf had actually made plans for an Orlando location back in January of 2022.
area15_orlando_final_credit_design_and_distill.jpg
F0hL3sEXoAICpN6

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a nonlinear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff. :p
Nicely worded. Used enough pre school language to get my ant sized brain to understand (My brain is actually the same size as mars, so as markiplier once said)
1706331108453.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom