Trip Report One Day in the Magic Kingdom!

Hi all! I just returned from Spring Break in Florida, and was able to spend one day in the Magic Kingdom (as the unoriginal title states). We were able to sprinkle a little more Disney Magic into the other days of our trip as well, so a little more on that later. As a longtime member and trip report reader, I figured now would be a good time to start my first ever report!
disclaimer: we were only there for one day, but we squeezed a lot in, so this may take me a while to finish...here we go!

The Basics:
Who: Me (Brooke), My sister (L) and Mom (J)
Why: Apartment Hunting! I will graduate in May with my teaching certificate. I am hoping to get hired and move to the Orlando area, so we flew down to check out some areas and apartments. When I found out Wishes was ending, I pushed for one day at MK. My begging was successful :)
When: March 8th

We were supposed to fly in to MCO on Sunday morning. After being delayed literally ALL DAY our flight was cancelled and we ended up flying out Monday morning. :mad: we rented a car and began looking at apartments- which is very stressful. We ended our day at the Character Warehouse at the outlets. We found some really great items! (also @Tuvalu and @TrolleyFollower91 they have $1.99 tsum tsums that are BOGO free)

On Tuesday, mom and I drove beside this beauty

then we hit up the 2nd location of the Character Warehouse and found even more goodies!

We looked at more apartments and went to Disney Springs in the evening. I'm not sure if we have any photos of it, but we did find out they have Dole Whips there (and floats with soft drinkso_O or rum) and then we headed back to make our FP+ reservations and get to bed for the early morning ahead of us!

wishes2013

Original Poster
Things are finally winding down at school, so here's an update!
Wednesday was Disney Day! We were planning on taking advantage of the new opening and getting there early. We allowed extra time since we were driving and parking (a first for us) and left our hotel at 7am.
20170308_070649_zpstoea8qkz.jpg

We were some of the first people in the parking lot, and ended up parking super close. Which was good, but I’ve still never ridden on a tram. :p
We walked across to the TTC. I was a little disappointed that the ferry wasn’t operating, but we hopped on the monorail and were at the Magic Kingdom soon. We went through security (I had a bag, but they searched it in the no bag line) and mom and L had to go through the detectors. We were still too early, so we waited at the turnstiles. We grabbed a few pictures and then headed in and took some more pictures as we slowly made our way down Main Street and to Starbucks.
IMG_2314_zpsc3hbjejs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

:cry::cry::cry: For Wishes ending this week

There were definitely more people around than I expected so early, but it was nice to not feel like you had to rush to a ride first thing. The opportunity for pictures while we still looked decent was great too:)

wishes2013

Original Poster
We joined the mass of people waiting to get into Fantasyland about 20 minutes before opening.
We could see the show, but not perfectly. The ropes dropped and we ran to 7DMT. (We told ourselves we wouldn’t rush today, but this was the exception;)) we ended up only waiting about 30 minutes to get on. Our first FP was for Thunder Mountain, so we headed that direction. We discovered the wait was only 10 minutes, so we decided to stand by first. Then we went again, and finally used our FP for a third round. We decided to ride Splash (25 minute wait) and possibly change our FP to something else.
[URL=http://s345.photobucket.com/user/brooke_foster3/media/20170308_101313_zpsvelfpoyx.jpg.html]
For some reason they decided we were small enough to share a row:banghead:

We hit up Pirates (FP) and then went in to the Enchanted Tiki Room. We had done this once years ago, when it was Under New Management.

We decided to pop in in attempts to maintain the “relaxed” theme of our day. I believe after this is when we stopped and watched some of a Muppet show. It was cute, but we didn’t stay for the whole time.
We headed to Fantasyland and got in line for small world. I found a Peter Pan FP+, so we grabbed that and while we waited for the time we charged our phones by the tangled toilets. It was a really nice area, and L and I spotted some of Pascal’s friends while we waited on our phones to charge.

We rode Peter Pan, then the Carousel, and then we headed over to the Big Top Gifts for a little while until our FP time for the Little Mermaid.
[/URL]

wishes2013

Original Poster
Great pictures before rope drop
I especially like the one through the archway with the castle behind.
Very artistic (in a good way!!!)

Max
Thanks! I can't take credit for the posing, I saw someone post something very similar on instagram. We were pleased with how they came out:)

wishes2013

Original Poster
Wow this is taking me longer than I thought! My goal is to finish by tomorrow, we'll see how that goes. More coming soon!

wishes2013

Original Poster
After our trip under the sea, we headed to grab some Dole Whips before the parade. We made our way over to Main Street and got a seat on the curb.

(Lo loves Dole Whips. More than the average Disney Nut. This pictures shows that love)

I had yet to see Festival of Fantasy. We had just missed it (I think) in 2013 when we went. Our last trip was this past October, but L and I were in the parade with our College’s marching band, so we didn’t get to see it. I had tried to avoid pictures and videos, but there is only so much you can do.We had seen the floats up close backstage in the fall, and I was really excited. Overall, I really liked it. The floats were beautiful, I loved the Tangled one.

However, this guy came and hovered over us for a while. He wouldn’t leave, and then he spit on us!

It was really weird, and gross. I don't know what his intention was there :bored:

Anyways, enough of FFoF, you all have seen enough pictures better than mine :)

wishes2013

Original Poster
We had a Buzz FP, so we ran over there.

Then, we had to take purple wall pictures.

We had a Dumbo fastpass, so we headed that direction. They were not really necessary, as there was no line, but oh well. I found some Space Mountain Fastpasses for later on while we were walking through the queue.

(Didn't you know Dumbo is a thrill ride?)
We waited in line for the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh,

Reserving more fastpasses
We headed to Pecos Bills for burritos. L can’t do gluten or dairy, and mom had eaten there in October and wanted to go again. I don't have any pictures of dinner #rookiemistake

wishes2013

Original Poster
After dinner, we rode the Magic Carpets. I don’t like Space Mountain, so I ended up finding myself a Little Mermaid FP. Mom and L went to tomorrowland, while I headed for New Fantasyland. As soon as I scanned my FP, I found us another for Buzz. After my solo ride, I grabbed a Lefou’s Brew and headed to Space Mountain to wait for them to finish.

We jumped on the TTA, one of my favorite rides. Then, we used our Buzz fastpass. I thought I’d be able to grab one more, but once we scanned, the app told me FP distribution was over. It was probably around 7 by this time. We decided to go for a quick spin on the teacups before heading to Main Street.
For some reason, there is a lack of good photos for this chunk of our afternoon. More to come soon!

wishes2013

Original Poster
We headed for Main Street to find a good spot for Wishes.

This is about where we stopped...

I was a little disappointed when I read that the new pre show would be down for refurbishment all 3 of our possible Disney days, but I guess that just means we’ll have to go back! I told my parents I would cry during wishes, and I wasn’t wrong. I teared up a little at the first note, and was able to hold it together until the end, but I lost it. Mom just laughed at me. No sympathy

We wanted to squeeze in one or two last rides. Our plan was Splash then Thunder, but since the park closed at 9 we were rushed. We got all the way to the end of the Splash queue and ended up waiting a while there, so we were even more pressed for time.

We looked at the line for Thunder, but it was too long. We saw on the app Jungle cruise was short, so we ran over there only to see it had jumped to 45 minutes. We decide on small world, and headed that direction. BUT, on the way there we spotted the Tangled Lantern Photopass. We had to stop for that. It was 8:45 or so by now. We ended up waiting until after 10 (there was EMH, so there were still lots of people there). Mom took a nap on a bench, we made new friends, it was worth it.

We headed out of the park and to our car via the Ferry.

Overall, this was a fantastic day. The crowds were low, and we rode almost everything in the park. Our biggest goal was to take it a little slower than we usually do, and I think we did pretty good, other than the occasional mad dash at the start and end of our day. I loved the FP+ system, and the ability to grab a FP from anywhere in the park. We really took advantage of getting another one as soon as we scanned the current one.

Up Next: The last bit of magic in our trip!

wishes2013

Original Poster
Thursday was our last full day in Florida. We headed East towards the beach and a few other apartments. We returned to our hotel in time for dinner. We took an Uber to the Poly to watch Wishes and grab dole whips.

We stuck around for the water pageant, something we hadn't done before

We did a little monorail hopping, and shopped at the Grand Floridian. We thought we would have plenty of time before heading to the TTC to catch our Hotel's shuttle. We were going to shop at the Contemporary too, but the line to board the monorail was ridiculous, so we just stayed on. We probably would have had time, as we ended up waiting fooorrreeverr for our hotel shuttle, but whatever.

And that is about it! I attended a job fair in Pittsburgh a few weeks later, and was offered contracts at a few different counties, including Polk and Osceola. Now I am interviewing and waiting on specific placements before deciding on specific apartments! Exciting things happening!
Thanks to all who have followed along!

amjt660

Premium Member
Good luck with the interviews (that have not happened yet) and I hope you get multiple offers!!

Thanks for the TR and look forward to more if you end up living close to the World

Max

wishes2013

Original Poster
Good luck with the interviews (that have not happened yet) and I hope you get multiple offers!!

Thanks for the TR and look forward to more if you end up living close to the World

Max

Thanks Max! I will (hopefully) be halfway to Orlando by this time next week!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom