"On The Record"

MImike810

Original Poster
[this is probably in the wrong forum, but i didn't know where to ask it]

Has an seen or heard anything about the new disney musical "on the record"? - it's coming to chicago soon, and my family was interested in getting tickets, but none of us really know what it's about. It's supposed to have like 50 disney songs in it from other movies - which sounds amazing. My parents were also somewhat concerned it would be more appropriate for little kids - but i don't know. Any info would be appreciated - all i can find is what's on disney.com.
Thanks!!!

CrackerJack

From the Broadway Across America website:

Disney on Broadway presents ON THE RECORD. Beyond two enormous doors, a recording soundstage beckons. The man in charge arranges the microphones. A clock on the wall flickers to life. A “RECORDING” sign begins to flash. But this studio is no ordinary place, and the man in charge, no ordinary man. He must inspire a stageful of singers, musicians and technicians to deliver the performance of their lives. A once-in-a-lifetime recording session is about to begin, and the man in charge will use all the magic you can imagine and all the music you could wish for, to create an evening of pure enchantment and powerful emotion – ON THE RECORD. From the producers of The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast, comes ON THE RECORD, a show-stopping new musical that sparkles with more than 50 of the most beloved songs ever written, from some of the most popular films ever made – including The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Tarzan, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Sleeping Beauty, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Lady and the Tramp, Cinderella and Snow White. Join the supremely talented singers and dancers behind-the-scenes at one very magical recording session, where every song you see performed ends up on the record! ON THE RECORD, starring the music of a lifetime – yours! It’s first-class family entertainment, as only Disney can deliver

WDWScottieBoy

I posted those about 2 weeks ago or so....I bought tickets before it went to the public since I'm a Disney Visa Card charter cardmember! :sohappy: (Remember, this was psoted a while ago, it's a couple weeks old now) Also, I bought tickets for December 5th because it's Walt's birthday and in his birth city. Can't get any better than that.

New Show!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got a postcard in the mail yesterday for being a Disney Visa cardholder. There is a new Disney musical coming to Chicago November 30-December 12. I think this would be perfect. Tickets are anywhere from $15.50 to $79.50 and go on sale tomorrow. The show is called "Disney's On the Record." It has 64 of Disney's best known video/broadway hits put into one show.

This is what the postcard said about the show: "You're invited in to a Hollywood recording studio where a young unknown is about to get her big break, a pop diva is about to meet her match, and a matinee idol is about to meet the "new kid" who could take his place. This is the story of the session that changed their lives...the night they laid down 64 classic hits you'll never forget."

"From the movies and musicals that have become landmarks in our lives comes a score 70 years in the making, illuminating a story set in the high-tech audio wonderland of today. Don't miss the strictly limited engagement of this dazzling new theatrical event--Disney's ON THE RECORD!"

For more information, call (312) 902-1400 or at www.ticketmaster.com The show is going to be showing at Chicago's Auditorium Theatre.

Just thought this would be an excellent idea for a Chicagoland whoever else wants to join meet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom