On-line check in....to do or not to do...?

dvitali

I heard that they now doing on line check in at the curb as you get off the bus instead of having you enter the resort lobby. I presumed that the amount of time would be the same. Is there a second on line check in the lobby also? What do you think of it or do you prefer one over the other?

tare

Online check was so screwed up for us. They didnt have any of our requests acknowledged and said they couldn't see then in the system and chkd it out a different way and saw them. 49 minutes of vacation wasted!!!

Pluto fan girl

Original Poster
Update... I decided to do on-line check in. A friend of mine is going around the same time (she is at a different resort - AoA for 1st night and then CS, we are at POR) but we both had FP+ available to us as of Thursday. We chose all of our FP+ and then Yesterday she decided to do on-line check in and was able to customize Magic Bands! I did it last night and got them as well! Once concern with the online check in that I have now is that it will not let me do the 2nd online check in that is on our account for a later date during the same time period. The Grandmothers are coming for 4 nights in the middle of our stay. It is on my account - we paid and are handling all details for them, but I can't get the check in to work. Got their FP+ with ours, but that is all. Then when I tried to do FP+ for BOG for the day after they leave, it does not let me go any further than their check out date. A little worried, but I sent an email to Disney (hoping for a more technical person to get it than the regular CSMs that answer the phones). Another thing is that more family has decided to come, but they had to go to CS - and they don't seem to have FP+ at all, so it could be an issue wiht the kids riding rides together, but not sure that is an "end of the world as we know it" event. It is just 3 rides, but it would be more convenient...

Also - we leave for florida on the 1st - don't check in till the 10th - Hope the bands get here before we go, but if not I will have my dad ship them down to us I guess...He is house sitting with the dogs so I guess it still is just a small hiccup.

Regardless - I am VERY excited, and just a little worried....but looking to the bright side right now - it will all be an experience!

LucyK

Did it for our most recent trip and I was pleased but I won't do it again for our next visit. This was our first time staying on site and we're a little lost to tell you the truth, they didn't really stop to talk to us, just gave us our info and sent us on our way. Which was great, we're on our room in less than 5 minutes after check-in but I missed the whole welcome spiel I see everyone talking about.

Tater tot

Online check-in is a must for me. Been doing it since they began offering it and haven't had any problems with it. Usually in and out in less than 5 minutes with all my recent stays.

afar28

I would personally recommend it. You're room is usually ready instantly, or within 10 minutes. You then can unpack, then go do whatever you want. Go to the parks, explore your hotel, swim, whatever. Those are my experiences at least

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom