Old thread bumping

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Please can those of you who are doing this refrain from the recent practise of posting to very old threads simply to restore them to the top of the list. It simply causes confusion, and makes current information hard to find. Thanks.

Woody13

wdwmagic said:
Please can those of you who are doing this refrain from the recent practise of posting to very old threads simply to restore them to the top of the list. It simply causes confusion, and makes current information hard to find. Thanks.
How old do you consider old (hours, days, weeks, months, years)?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
New2WDW said:
Hey Steve,

Do ya'll ever delete threads or files? (Due to age, etc.)

Just curious,
Keith

No everything is here from day 1, both on the main site and the forum. One aim of WDWMAGIC is to be a long standing archive of WDW history.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Woody13 said:

It doesn't matter how old, the complaint is about "bumping" posts just for the sake of bumping them. If you aren't answering [or if you're answering a question that is no longer relevant] or adding new information, bringing back a post just because it is old is simply annoying, nothing more, nothing less.

nibblesandbits

MontyMon said:
It doesn't matter how old, the complaint is about "bumping" posts just for the sake of bumping them. If you aren't answering [or if you're answering a question that is no longer relevant] or adding new information, bringing back a post just because it is old is simply annoying, nothing more, nothing less.
What about if somebody's question doesn't get an answer after a couple of days...is it ok to bump those?

I totally understand the problem of bumping threads from years ago just for the sake of bumping them...that was annoying.

Erika

nibblesandbits said:
What about if somebody's question doesn't get an answer after a couple of days...is it ok to bump those?

I've seen that, where somebody comes back a few days later and says "anyone...?" To me, that is normal. A couple times I've seen someone do that after, like, 2 hours :lol:

dandaman

Erika said:
I've seen that, where somebody comes back a few days later and says "anyone...?" To me, that is normal. A couple times I've seen someone do that after, like, 2 hours :lol:

Guilty. :lookaroun

Enderikari

Steve, I've said it before and I will say it again... You have the best Disney news/information/fan site/message boards in the internet verse.

Figment1986

Steve.. there is a mod/hack you can do the forum that other sites have done which will automatically close a thread after a period of time.. you could do something like that and set it up for a certain amount of months.... 6 months seems good on information wise...

Sorry for a bump...

Woody13

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Woody13

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Woody13

Years

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by wdwmagic
Years

Thank you. :wave:

Does anyone else desire to "correct" the administrator concerning his own forum rules? :wave:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom