Old Magic Band, new pass

jengrey

Original Poster
For our Sept. 2016 trip I'm renting DVC points and bought my pass from Undercover Tourist. It came in the mail today and I linked it to mydisneyexperience.com. The pass is showing under my Magic band from our trip this past October, but not under the new Magic band for the upcoming trip. Is there something I need to do in order to link it to next trip's Magic band or does it even matter? This is the first time I haven't booked it as a package, so I'm a little new at this.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
All magic bands will work with any tickets in your MDE account. Also your new bands are not active yet so once they are when you arrive all will work with your tickets/room.
The only way a band won't work is if you deactivate it but as long as they are active they will all work and you don't have to do anything for them to do so. Now after about 2 years the battery can die but will still work for all touch points just not anything that has to automatically find you like on rides for pics etc. :)

Rob562

What's probably confusing you is that you're seeing two Bands and one Card listed under the "My Magic Bands and Cards" section. The "card" is the ticket that you just linked. It's not listed "under" the old Band, you're just looking at a list that happens to be arranged: Band, Band, Card. Bands are always listed first, then cards. (Mine currently lists 4 Bands and 3 Cards)

Any Band or Card listed there can be used interchangeably.

Edit to add: One minor point, I happened to go in my MDE this morning and noticed that the order isn't specifically Bands-first. Mine lists a Card, 4 Bands then 2 more Cards, so I have no clue what criteria they use to sort them. :)

-Rob

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom