Old Key West room noise?

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
Can anyone weigh in on the volume of upstairs guests for rooms not on the top floor at Old Key West? Also, can you hear the ferry boat motor going by in buildings 45, 46, and 55? I'm traveling with my mother (o_O) and I'd really like to request second floor canal view in one of those buildings, but she's going to take some convincing that she'll be able to get a quiet night's sleep.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Can anyone weigh in on the volume of upstairs guests for rooms not on the top floor at Old Key West? Also, can you hear the ferry boat motor going by in buildings 45, 46, and 55? I'm traveling with my mother (o_O) and I'd really like to request second floor canal view in one of those buildings, but she's going to take some convincing that she'll be able to get a quiet night's sleep.
I can't talk about those particular buildings, but having stayed in different buildings multiple times, it has always been very quiet.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I was in Building 51, 2nd floor. Other than going up and down the stairs, I didn't notice the noise from other guests. However, my building was so close to the bus stop that I heard the beep, beep, beep of the bus in my room. Starting early in the morning. I'd avoid Buildings 51 and 52 for that reason. My "golf course view" was also not ideal, since I was just across the 3rd hole from Buena Vista, the traffic noise was loud.

The resort is large, but very lovely...and nice to walk around.

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
I was in Building 51, 2nd floor. Other than going up and down the stairs, I didn't notice the noise from other guests. However, my building was so close to the bus stop that I heard the beep, beep, beep of the bus in my room. Starting early in the morning. I'd avoid Buildings 51 and 52 for that reason. My "golf course view" was also not ideal, since I was just across the 3rd hole from Buena Vista, the traffic noise was loud.

The resort is large, but very lovely...and nice to walk around.
Yeah we've stayed there before and I wouldn't be worrying about any of this if it was just my immediate family. My mother is the picky one.

One thing I absolutely hate is when the water levels are low and the retention ponds get really ugly. But that shouldn't be an issue in August.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom