Old Dogs

catinthehat

Original Poster
The cast for this one caught my eye - Robin Williams, John Travolta, and Kelly Preston. Opens pretty soon - November 25th.

Here is the trailer - Travolta & Williams in scout uniforms is priceless.

jt04

Some of the worst reviews ever. So if anyone still wonders why there is an ongoing house cleaning of live action at Disney, wonder no more.

Please no more dog movies, movies about dogs, talking or otherwise, or movies with dog in the title. If Disney doesn't do another movie with the word "dog" associated with it for a decade, it will be too soon.

catinthehat

Original Poster
I've seen just about all the film clips and I laughed - when looking for a comedy, that's a good sign for me. Plus Robin Williams always makes me chuckle. For me it's got the cast and the entertainment value to get to the theater.

tiaragirl

Lovee Robin Williams.. but I don't think I'll bother seeing that movie. I feel like it's going to be one of those movies where they put ALL the funny parts in the trailer, and you feel ripped off in leaving.

Tiggerfanatic

DH & I went to see this last night, and really enjoyed it. Not really anthing over the top, but just a good family movie. We actually felt that John Travolta was funnier than Robin Williams.

EPCOTPluto

Please no more dog movies, movies about dogs, talking or otherwise, or movies with dog in the title. If Disney doesn't do another movie with the word "dog" associated with it for a decade, it will be too soon.
Did you notice the other trend?

"Wild Hogs"

"Old Dogs"

What's next - "Croaked Frogs"?

Bairstow

Some of the worst reviews ever. So if anyone still wonders why there is an ongoing house cleaning of live action at Disney, wonder no more.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10009596-old_dogs/
Absolutely brutal. I counted 3 references to canine euthanasia on the first page alone.

It's a real shame this thing made more money than "Fantastic Mr. Fox," especially considering that the dogs in that one don't talk.

Tiggerfanatic

It's a real shame this thing made more money than "Fantastic Mr. Fox," especially considering that the dogs in that one don't talk.

Did you happen to notice some of the music in "Mr. Fox"? It opens with him listening to "Davy Crocket" and then later there was some music from Robin Hood. Wasn't expecting to hear familiar Disney music at a non-Disney film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom