OKW not showing up when I check resort availability...

slappy magoo

Original Poster
Any dates. Literally. I had specific dates in mind, but after getting that message, repeatedly, as I shifted my arrival/departure a bit here and there, I started plugging in dates at random that were still within a 7 month window. It doesn't matter what the dates are or what sort of room size I specify or even if I don't specify a room type at all, that message comes up.

And to be specific, this is on the DVC website where you can check a resort's availability and points values before putting in a specific request, versus trying to pay for a room at OKW outright, either on the WDW website or any third party travel site like expedia or travelocity.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Any dates. Literally. I had specific dates in mind, but after getting that message, repeatedly, as I shifted my arrival/departure a bit here and there, I started plugging in dates at random that were still within a 7 month window. It doesn't matter what the dates are or what sort of room size I specify or even if I don't specify a room type at all, that message comes up.

And to be specific, this is on the DVC website where you can check a resort's availability and points values before putting in a specific request, versus trying to pay for a room at OKW outright, either on the WDW website or any third party travel site like expedia or travelocity.
Wow! That's very weird. Every other resort has availability, but not OKW. Guess it's time to call MS to see what's up. I wonder if it has to do with the website "upgrades" last week?

slappy magoo

Original Poster
To be honest, it's not that I even was specifically looking for OKW, just seeing what was available. But that discrepancy just seemed very odd, and it's consistent. FWIW, out of curiosity I did go to priceline to make sure I wasn't a big liar head, typed in the most recent dates I plugged into the DVC site. OKW shows up as available there for studios, 1BR and 2BR villas.

Maybe now is the time to start spreading the rumor that OKW is no longer a DVC resort, and this is part of a drive to remove DVC from all WDW resorts as it has proven to be only "short-term successful," but they won't be refunding any DVC members any of their money, treating DVC like an LLC that went bankrupt and protecting it from the parent corporation.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Just checked. It's not showing in the "resort availability" function, but it's showing availability in the actual booking engine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom