OK what the heck is going on with the hotels?

PianoManKD

Account Suspended
I'm trying to book hotel room for january 2007 and expedia says that every single hotel in disney doesn't have rooms during the week i want to go, does that make sense? its in 07....this makes no sense.

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
Essentially Expedia make deals with a company to have so many rooms at a certain price, after they are all booked thats it. It doesn't mean that there are no rooms available just that Expedia doesn't have access to book them.

Try a different company or book via disneyworld.com, all the resort hotels I looked at are available.

Upvote 0

mousebymarriage

We had the same problem when we tried to use Expedia to book rooms for Feb10-17th and Expedia said there were no rooms available during that time. We called Disney and there were plenty of rooms. Expedia only has a certain amount of rooms to sell at such big discounts and when they are gone , they're gone! My advice is to book your room now and then keeping watching mousesavers.com for the discount promo codes which will probably become available in October(maybe late Sept. but, I don't think so). Then call back with the promo code and they will give you the room at the discounted price. DO NOT wait to book a room until after the promo codes come out because you may not get anything especially if you are looking to book in the value resorts!
Last year with the promo code we paid less than $60 per night at All-Star movies in Feb.(not presidents week) during value season but we booked our room in the summer just like we always do and called back with promo code later! This discount was not the ones for Fla. residents or annual passholders, just us regular folks! Good Luck:wave:

Upvote 0

LizziePooh

I had a similar problem...I'm going Jan 5-13. We booked our stay about a month ago at WL. We asked for a standard room and they told us we were lucky, because they only had 3 rooms available :eek:. I was really surprised, because I thought January wasn't supposed to be crowded, but they told us it's because of the WDW marathon going on that weekend. So even though it may be packed that weekend, I'm hoping it'll clear out by Monday/Tuesday. :D

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

I would give Kingdom Konsultants a shout....they are sponsors on this board and just wonderful. Pam and the gang really work hard to get you what you want and to get every available discount for you. Plus, when a new discount is announce, they automatically check to see if you are eligible for it and if you are, they get it applied for you. No need to call them and ask.....they are really on top of things.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

We had the same problem when we tried to use Expedia to book rooms for Feb10-17th and Expedia said there were no rooms available during that time. We called Disney and there were plenty of rooms. Expedia only has a certain amount of rooms to sell at such big discounts and when they are gone , they're gone! My advice is to book your room now and then keeping watching mousesavers.com for the discount promo codes which will probably become available in October(maybe late Sept. but, I don't think so). Then call back with the promo code and they will give you the room at the discounted price. DO NOT wait to book a room until after the promo codes come out because you may not get anything especially if you are looking to book in the value resorts!
Last year with the promo code we paid less than $60 per night at All-Star movies in Feb.(not presidents week) during value season but we booked our room in the summer just like we always do and called back with promo code later! This discount was not the ones for Fla. residents or annual passholders, just us regular folks! Good Luck:wave:

Hi there all!!! Just wanted to clarify this statement. The discount codes arent always released for every time frame or every hotel!!! If Disney thinks that the rooms are booking well enough on their own they may not release any discount codes for that particular resort!!! So if you want to be certain of a specific resort, please by all means do book it!!! If you are OK about waiting to see what the discount codes will offer and arent willing to pay full price, then DONT book a room!!! At that point it wont matter if you have an existing full price reservation. If there arent any discounts at that resort on those dates, you wont be able to apply the discount to your reservation at all!! Hope this helps!!! Belle

Upvote 0

scottnj1966

I'm trying to book hotel room for january 2007 and expedia says that every single hotel in disney doesn't have rooms during the week i want to go, does that make sense? its in 07....this makes no sense.

call disney 407 w disney

disney does not dicount rooms too much so expedia wont have too much for them.
you can also go to waltdisneyworld.com and check for rooms

Upvote 0

mousebymarriage

Hi there all!!! Just wanted to clarify this statement. The discount codes arent always released for every time frame or every hotel!!! If Disney thinks that the rooms are booking well enough on their own they may not release any discount codes for that particular resort!!! So if you want to be certain of a specific resort, please by all means do book it!!! If you are OK about waiting to see what the discount codes will offer and arent willing to pay full price, then DONT book a room!!! At that point it wont matter if you have an existing full price reservation. If there arent any discounts at that resort on those dates, you wont be able to apply the discount to your reservation at all!! Hope this helps!!! Belle
You are so right Belle, my bad!:eek: We have been lucky every year , although one year we did sweat it out a bit because, we were going in Feb. and there were no discount codes until Jan. . I guess for those of us who would go no matter what it is O.K. to book early but, if someone's trip really depends on those discounts they should wait!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey there Mouse, I dont know how much attention people pay to the discount codes when they arent planning a trip, but for me it is a year round thing. This year in June there were NO discount codes at all and in July the only codes offered were for the EPCOT resorts!!!!! I would hate to see anyone disappointed by booking a trip with the intent of getting a discount later and then it doesnt happen!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom