Ok, So.... what happened at American Adventure 2/3/2016

Matt_Black

To answer everyone of my "was it ?" line concerning Will Rogers, I never heard his name clearly during the show, my brother, who is hard of hearing, always heard it said as Roy, hence why my "was it" line. {My mom says its Will Rogers, but my brother says otherwise, hence the was it :)}

It's Will. Roy Rogers is a famous TV and movie star in the vein of the "singing cowboys" of the late 40s and 50s. Will Rogers was an American humorist (basically a stand up comedian) back in the early part of the 20th century.

Schneewittchen

It's Will. Roy Rogers is a famous TV and movie star in the vein of the "singing cowboys" of the late 40s and 50s. Will Rogers was an American humorist (basically a stand up comedian) back in the early part of the 20th century.

Continuing my insistence on WDW honoring both Will Rogers and Roy Rogers.

Did you know Roy actually did work with Disney on the Pecos Bill short in Melody Time? He did a live-action sequence and sang "The Ballad of Pecos Bill" and "Blue Shadows on the Trail". Obviously, this means Pecos Bill's Tall Tail Inn and Cafe should drop the random Tex-Mex menu and get a Roy's franchise.

Goofyernmost

Good point. It may be time to splurge on that
It's not what it used to be. At one point the tour was timed in conjunction with the morning test run of the show. Those on the tour could witness the workings below the stage first hand. Then, according to the CM tour guide, some brilliant tourist decided to jump a wall to get a closer look and that marked the end of the watch what happens part of the tour. The last time I saw it, you could see, from the side, the stationary scenes sitting there side by side, but, not how it worked. I wish I had known that before I paid for the tour, because that was the primary reason why I decided to take it. That was a few years ago though, perhaps they started to do it again. Check with someone if you sign up mostly for that part. The rest of the tour is pretty good though so it really isn't a total loss.

Matt_Black

Continuing my insistence on WDW honoring both Will Rogers and Roy Rogers.

Did you know Roy actually did work with Disney on the Pecos Bill short in Melody Time? He did a live-action sequence and sang "The Ballad of Pecos Bill" and "Blue Shadows on the Trail". Obviously, this means Pecos Bill's Tall Tail Inn and Cafe should drop the random Tex-Mex menu and get a Roy's franchise.

... How is a Tex-Mex menu in a restaurant dedicated to a character from Texas (which used to be a part of Mexico) random?!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom