OK I know I wasn't dreaming

WDWKing

Original Poster
Wasn't there a post in the WDW Rumors forum by MKTiggerman about "Confirmed Rumors", I know I couldn't have been dreaming, I even think I replied to that post. Where is it?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
ack.. time to explain..

there was a theory I had, I told NowInc about it, and I asked steve for permission to do it. He agreed.

So I proceeded to post several false rumor and a partially true one (i ain't telling.. you'll have to figure it out on your own) on the boards. Then, when everyone agreed with them, my theory was proven right.

My theory is that people will believe a rumor that comes straight from a CM (i am one of the few with good information though.. trust me. I have access to sources that most CM's don't even know about). I was just proven correct.

Also, a secondary thing I noticed, was a select few, with no tangible evidence, would proceed to become insiders themselves, by saying that they too had also heard about some of these rumors from another website/trade publication/CM.

Sorry to those of you I ed off. And to those of you who were in on it, you did WONDERFUL!

And if you're still mad, then lick my foot.

WDWKing

Original Poster
Ohhh, so this was just an experiment type thing with false rumors and 1 partially real rumor? Can I guess which one was one of the fake rumors? The one with the fiber optics in AK was fake wasn't it?

mkt

Premium Member
the original plan was for me to admit on the thread today, that they rumors were bogus, and the thread was to be moved to Chit-Chat. HOWEVER, Steve received a TON of emails asking to confirm/deny the rumors. Once that started occuring, he deleted it.

WDWKing

Original Poster
I think the only one I can think of that could be fake is the Fiber Optics in everything on AK's property. Though it would be cool.

Erika

LOL-- I sort of have a memory of reading that-- however I had just come home from a Cinqo de Mayo party and I have to say that yesterday is a bit fuzzy-- :lookaroun

dalton30720

Originally posted by mktiggerman
My theory is that people will believe a rumor that comes straight from a CM (i am one of the few with good information though.. trust me. I have access to sources that most CM's don't even know about). I was just proven correct......

Many people did believe you because you are trusted as a reliable source on this board. However, now your reputation and people's perceptions of you may have changed.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by dalton30720

Many people did believe you because you are trusted as a reliable source on this board. However, now your reputation and people's perceptions of you may have changed.

wah!

you should also note, that when I post a rumor I always give the FULL NAME of the source, whether it be a newspaper/person telling me (ie-from the mouth of John Smith, WDI; from the Eyes and Ears).

If you look at my last batch of rumors, you'll see that ALL of them have a definite source, unlike a lot of times when a rumor starts like "I heard from my cousin, whose stepsons GF is a CM that.."

That's not reliable info, never has, never will.. AND MOST OF YOU BELIEVE IT!

Check the source listed. If there is none, take the rumor with a grain of salt, and ASK FOR A SOURCE.

WDWKing

Original Poster
hehe I know I'm just messin with ya tigger, but don't you love the newcomers that there first post is always "I just wanted to say that my uncle is an imagineer and he said that by next year......". It's always with the uncle, best friends step-dad, etc. :animwink: :D

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by WDWKing
Yea that is the downside of the "boy who cried wolf" scenario.

hey, that little dumbass got 2 chances to mess up though..

1 down, 1 to go

WDWKing

Original Poster
How am I a dumbass Tigger? WTH are you talking about?? I know I wasn't the only one that believed those rumors until now.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by figmentmom
Well, I believed you. I'm no "insider," so I generally DO believe what Cast Members post (within reason).

ok.. i lied to a mother now.. damn conscience :(

I'm sorry. I promise to only post real rumors now..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom