Ohana Tonight

CaptainJackNO

Original Poster
Evening, all,

The family and I are on our first WDW trip in a couple of years, and we ventured over to Ohana this evening for dinner. There has been so much said about Ohana of late, most of this highly critical in regards to pricing, absence of skewers being brought to the tables, etc. I want to say after our visit tonight I was quite pleased, and we have been to Ohana in the past. In regards to the skewers not being brought to the table, I really noticed no difference in quality of taste, in fact the portions per waitress visit were greater to my memory. I know some have been critical with the change to a leaner cut of beef, and now including bone-in thighs; however, the quality and flavor are still there. Price? Okay, 60 bucks per person is pricey; however, if you go to Texas de Brazil or Fogo de Chao, you're paying a little more. I know, I know....Fogo and Texas offer prime cuts of meat.....okay, but they do not come close in matching the atmosphere or experience. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more welcoming, the food was more than any human should eat in a single sitting, and the atmosphere and service were spot on. After paying my bill, I felt satisfied with the amount and quality of food received for my money, and still the environment and service remains unmatched. Have there been changes? Of course, but if you're looking to enjoy an excellent meal with amazing surroundings, Ohana still has it. I know some will disagree, but I wanted to share my experience after a few years away from Ohana. It did not disappoint (And they now permit take out boxes for any food remaining at your table). Great experience all around.

celticdog

We visited Ohana Tuesday, July 26 and this is not the Ohana I remember. I understand changes were made post-pandemic, but the food quality should not have been one of the changes. The meats were overcooked and dry. The pork dumplings were hard. The peel and eat shrimp was flavorless. The bread pudding was overly wet. This meal was extremely disappointing. It is no longer worthy of the price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom