Ohana booked...what to do?

SweetPea

Original Poster
DH and I are blessed to have parents willing to take care of the kids for a whole week so that we can have a kid-free WDW vacation for the first time in more than 10 years. We are so excited, I cannot even tell you!! We are going for a week in January and got the free dining plan. We've got all ADR's made except for one...Ohana. It seems as though it is booked for dinner the whole week. Should I keep trying to get in or cut my losses and choose something else? Anybody have any experience with them as far as ressies opening up? Like I said, we are going in January during a slow time, would have thought we could get in. We did, however, get a dinner ressie at Le Cellier and we are stoked about that one, but really wanted to try Ohana. Le Cellier wasn't even booked...had several times to choose from. So, what's the deal?

Pioneer Hall

I agree with Richard. Plan a back up and keep trying for Ohana. There are never any guarantees, but if your heart is set on it there is no harm in giving it a try everyday.

mwbrown

We had a kid-free trip last summer for 3 days, and went to Ohana on my birthday. We didn't get a reservation online when we were booking, but I checked online every day or two, and eventually called dining again, and was able to get a reservation that didn't even show up online. I assume they should be the same, so I must have gotten lucky with a cancellation right around when I was calling.

Anyway, it was well worth it to get to Ohana. Much more relaxing without the kids, and didn't have to cut anyone's meat but my own...

Just keep trying and good luck!

Smee

Just walk up and see if they will seat you if you can't get a reservation.You may have to wait a little but we've gotten lucky doing that.

sschroed

Just show up at the podium at 5pm and I guarantee that you will be dining within 15 minutes, reservation or not! This works every time for my family and I, and we visit once a month! Good luck!:)

lilfritzy

We had the same problem. What we did was on the day we planned to go to MK we stoppped a t O'hana before going to the park and asked if they had any opening for dinner at all that day. We were told they had an opening around I think it was 7:45 I can't remember the exact time now. The CM said that we might have to wait awhile but that was ok with us as long as we got a table. When we got there that evening we checked in and went to the bar to have a drink and not even 15 minutes went by and the pager went off we didn't even get to finish our drinks.

I have a real problem with the ADR system they say you can't get in but you really can if you are flexible and if you are able to get to the restaurant early. We arrived too late a few times to different restaurants say 8:30 or later and were not able to get seated which is totally understandable.

So don't get discouraged if you can't get and ADR a head of time just try to stop at the restaurant most likely you will get in. We are going in October and I'm not making any ADR's I'm just going to take my chances haven't had a problem yet. :shrug:

ThinkTink721

I think LeCellier may be switched to a Signature Dining Experience by Jan. :confused:
If you really want Ohana's (my favorite) :slurp:, just keep checking the Walt Disney World Resort web site for availability or call from time to time...you never know when you will get lucky! :wave:

SweetPea

Original Poster
Thanks everybody for your suggestions. An ADR came open for when we wanted, so we're golden. As for LeCellier, I checked on that and it won't be a signature dining experience until March 2011. So, we're good on that one too!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom