Offsite Family Joining Onsite

Mal

Original Poster
I'm hoping somebody might know if the following hypothetical situation is allowed/okay.

My roommate and I are staying on property at ASMu in early December for 7 nights, including attending MVMCP on the 6th. Meanwhile, my parents, two nieces, and nephew will also be in town staying with local family, and also attending MVMCP on the same night.

Dad asked me today what our plans for party day were, and roomie and I were planning to shop a little at Disney Springs that morning, then we have Afternoon Tea reservations at GF before heading to the party at 4pm. Dad says they are planning on hitting Disney Springs that morning as well, and asked if there's a way to not have to move his car around all day.

Would I be terribly wrong in thinking they could come to our resort that morning and catch Disney Transportation to Disney Springs with us and then later catch a bus to a monorail resort to head to Magic Kingdom for the party? Or would that be frowned upon since they're not staying onsite?

monorail_mom

In the Parks
Yes
Hey Mal! What I would suggest to do is to meet him at Disney Springs, he can park his car there for free! He can then ride the resort bus over to ASMu and meet up with you! If he picks you up at Disney Springs and drives you to your resort, and you have your confirmation # with you (for proof that you are a guest on site), he can drive his car into the resort, and park it, to go to your room with you. Another option would be to add him onto the room just for the night, for about $20 and he'd officially be a "guest" there, even if he didn't sleep over. Hope this helps! Have a magical vacation!

Minnie Mum

That would work, although it's something of a time waster. While parking at the deluxes for the day is definitely a no no, it's not usually a problem at the values. They just need to tell the guard at the gate that they are visiting you. Then they can park in the lot by the main building and meet up with you for the day, before catching the bus to DS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom