Official Photography Contest 1.21.05 - 1.27.05: Main Street USA

ritchie56

Main Street USA said:
What makes this picture so good? The stroller. It gives us that sense of the human spirit without a human present. If that stroller weren't there, the picture would lose it's magic.

Very true. The stroller also invokes the spirit of the present in what is essentially a shot of the past. We are reminded that we are stepping into a Main Street gone by, but retaining the "today". Not sure if I expained what I mean quite right, but I love the shot too!

no2apprentice

I also like the natural lighting in the shot, no harsh shadows. Adds a great deal of warmth.

I think the stroller also invokes a feeling of childhood...everything is new and fresh, and full of amazement.

Or maybe we all just have a thing for blue strollers.

DonickCo

here is my replacement shot.

Attachments

• IMG_9114.jpg
    IMG_9114.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 190

kevlightyear

Thank you everyone for your kind and encouraging words. I've been having a bad week, and that was just what I needed. These contests are so awesome--there is more talent on these boards than I could have imagined.

joefox97

Here's my entry, taken yesterday.... I took quite a few photos, but this was the best of the group. I was very happy with the way the color came out and that you can see people if you look hard enough -- but that they aren't the focus.

Enjoy!

Joe

Edit: changed picture size so it FIT on one screen... bloody file attachments.

Attachments

• Emporium.jpg
    Emporium.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 144

Figment1986

My attempt....

OK... after searching through the digital archives of ewhats left.. adn realizing i didn't take many... most were parents or sister.... I have settled on one of two taken from December 5th 2004. (It was a cloudy day and so the sky would come out pitch white....)

2023MS2-med.jpg

Kevin

I missed the deadline because I was so busy this week. I kept debating which of these 2 to post. But, I thought I'd post the pictures anyway. They are Main Street USA in Paris...

Next time I've have to try and make the deadline...

Attachments

• MainStreet14a.jpg
    MainStreet14a.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 67
  • MainStreet13a.jpg
    MainStreet13a.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 71

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom