Official guide

LesaGirlWalton

I am also waiting *im*patiently for the Unofficial Guide. I can't seem to make myself do anything other than read, plan, reread, replan, make a back-up plan.......... etc and my trip isn't until June. Somebody needs to set a parental control on my computer blocking out anything having to do with WDW until April LOL Is there a self help support meeting for disney addicts???

Upvote 0

DisneyMissy

My Birnbaum's just shipped out too! Woohoo, something else Disney to read. Already read my Unofficial guide for 2006, working on the Passporter now, must reread the Unofficial guide again. I am such a dork..........:p

Upvote 0

DisneyMissy

I bought the 2005, I think I read that the 2006 comes out in November. I like it so far. It has pages where you can jot things down and pockets in the back to keep your info. Nice companion to go along with the Unofficial Guide.

I am like you, my trip isn't until March and I am planning, reading, rereading.........

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

LesaGirlWalton said:
I am also waiting *im*patiently for the Unofficial Guide. I can't seem to make myself do anything other than read, plan, reread, replan, make a back-up plan.......... etc and my trip isn't until June. Somebody needs to set a parental control on my computer blocking out anything having to do with WDW until April LOL Is there a self help support meeting for disney addicts???

I'm right there with you! :lol:

Still waiting for mine..ordered all the books together so have to wait till they are all ready.sigh...... I loaned my 2005 books to a friend who is going in Oct, so I'm sitting here with nothing......:cry:

From all the great things I have heard about the PassPorter on here, I think I will go order that as well..... can never plan too much, right?:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

Hmmm, posting after myself, guess this thread isn't going strong..... :lol:

Anyway, my Guides all arrived today!!! Can't stop looking through them all. Also got the Hidden Mickey one, I think we'll have fun with it next visit .:)

Hurray! :cool:

Upvote 0

PixyDust

I picked up the Official and Unofficial Guides for 2006 on Sunday.

I flipped through the Official one and will be returning it. I'm not one to normally return books, but it is just really the 2005 book with info on MYW tickets. I didn't read the book, just compared some pages, so I don't feel bad returning it. I was very disappointed, as I've bought this book every year for the past 6 years, and just can't justify the cost of keeping it this year.

Now, I love what they've done with the Unofficial Guide. The blue print somehow makes it so much easier to read. I have two friends at work who will be going to WDW in the next several months, and I've already shown them a few pages of it and told them they need to go to B&N and pick up a copy. One friend won his trip, so I looked up the hotel for him and showed him how it even listed drive times to get to each park. He couldn't believe the amount of detail and said he would have to get one. He hasn't been to WDW in over 20 years. He went to Disneyland this summer and while there won the trip to WDW. (He wins everything he enters. I've told him we need to take a trip across our state border to either VA, TN or SC to play the lottery and then both of us can retire!)

So my opinion is that if you have to choose between the Official or Unofficial Guide, choose the Unofficial. I did keep the Birnbaum Kids Guide, as my son is working on his reading skills and this guide gets him interested in reading.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom