Off site hotels

Paul G.

Every year we go to disney world for three weeks and stay on site.This year we are staying on site for two weeks with free dining and where thinking of staying off site for the first week.We where wondering if anyone had any favourites?We are looking for a location close to down town disney. We are also very picky about cleanliness .If anyone has any opinions we would appreciate it.

ty17

Everyone on here has been wondering about free dining. Did you get a pin number or something? No one has been able to lock down free dining for the fall so I'm just curious

Upvote 0

GabeP

The Disney Partner hotels on HPB are usually a nice option and are just a hop skip and jump to DTD. I would read tripadvisor for unbiased reviews on them. Most of those hotels date to the 80s, but they have all undergone rehabs over the years.

Upvote 0

Paul G.

Original Poster
What is your budget, where do you plan to be and what sort of accommodations are you seeking?
We where hoping to spend around 150 a night and a regular 2 queen hotel room would meet our needs.I have found plenty of hotels and resorts with suites ranging from 100-150.I was hoping to find opinions from personal experience.We plan to spend our first week at typhoon lagoon and blizzard beach so we would like to stay fairly central.

Upvote 0

luv

Bonnet Creek and Sheraton Vistana are both nice. Vistana was a little cleaner, but it isn't like I've been to both enough times to say which is generally cleaner. A friend of mine staed at Windsor Hills and liked that. You'll be able to get 1 or 2-bed suites in that price range.

Bonnet Creek may be technically on the WDW property, though. I'm not sure.

Upvote 0

Krsta Richline

We're going the end of Oct. I made a deposit on Wyndham Bonnet Creek for a 3 bedroom condo. Have never been there before. But for 6 nights and it was $816. We're splitting that between 3 couples. We get a condo, which is so much bigger than a value resort at Disney. The plus side, not only are we keeping our cost down by booking that but, we don't have to eat out all the time, which helps alot. And there's enough activities there that we can forgo a day at Disney and spend it at the pool and lazy river. It'd love to stay on Disney property.... but the way they're going its getting harder and harder to take a vacation there.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Every year we go to disney world for three weeks and stay on site.This year we are staying on site for two weeks with free dining and where thinking of staying off site for the first week.We where wondering if anyone had any favourites?We are looking for a location close to down town disney. We are also very picky about cleanliness .If anyone has any opinions we would appreciate it.
We stay at the Doubletree when we stay off site. It is right across and down a short distance from DTD. They do have regular free bus service, but their drop-off for MK is at the TTC. They are close to both water parks.
We've stayed there many times. We love have the living area and small kitchen area with a microwave, coffee maker, sink and fridge. It has a large dressing area. Some rooms have safes, others don't. The safes are very big.
They have a somewhat expensive but really good breakfast buffet. No room is clean enough for me, except the new places, so I can't tell you if you would consider it clean. However, if I'll stay there, it's probably fine.
You do have to pay for parking, but by watching their website, we were able to get our room for only 89.00 a night the last time we stayed there. I usually book, and then watch the site daily for discounts. If you go to the site and it's down, that's when they are lowering their prices. I actually got them to change my rate three times before our last stay there. The last change was only three days before we left for Disney. As long as they aren't booked, you can change your rate.
They have wonderful hot chocolate chip cookies for everyone in the family when you arrive.
It doesn't have the ambiance of a Disney resort, but you said you weren't staying onsite that week anyway.
Oh, their pool is just the regular hotel type pool, but if you plan to be at the water parks, that probably isn't an issue.
It's not fancy at all, but it is very spacious for a hotel.

Upvote 0

draybook

The Best Western Lake Buena Vista is right by DtD and is around $100 per night. Nice place and within walking distance. You might even get a room on the side facing Disney property and then you'd be able to see most of the parks I'd imagine.

Upvote 0
I've always been happy with the Marriott Village (Fairfield, Springhill Suites and Courtyard all on the same property) in Lake Buena Vista. It's just on the other side of I-4 from the DTD entrance to WDW. No parking fees and free breakfast at Fairfield and Springhill Suites. Check out mousesavers.com for their opinion, reviews of other offsite hotels and often links with discounts.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom