Off site hotel then on site, fastpass question

ada0801

Original Poster
We are driving to DW on a Thursday and staying in an off site hotel. Then we check into our DW resort on Friday. I know I will not be able to book until 60 days from our onsite stay, but will I be able to book backwards? Can I book FP for our Thursday day? We have 4 day passes and are only onsite for 3 days.

TIA! Just trying to figure out how to get it all organized.

Rob562

There's one more potential hitch, since you didn't say how you bought your park tickets. If you bought tickets as part of a Disney package, they won't be active for use to prebook FP+ for dates before your checkin date.

However if you purchased them separately from your hotel reservation, then the previous posters are correct. You'll be able to make that first day's FP+ reservations at the 30-day mark.

-Rob

ada0801

Original Poster
There's one more potential hitch, since you didn't say how you bought your park tickets. If you bought tickets as part of a Disney package, they won't be active for use to prebook FP+ for dates before your checkin date.

However if you purchased them separately from your hotel reservation, then the previous posters are correct. You'll be able to make that first day's FP+ reservations at the 30-day mark.

-Rob

So we couldn't do Fast Pass at all? We have 3 day tickets currently starting on Friday. I was just going to add a day for use on Thursday, but we were not going to check into the Dis resort until Friday. If I am hearing you right, we would not be able to prebook... would we still be able to use the tickets the day before check in? Thanks for bringing this to my attention... I had not even thought about that.

nickys

Premium Member
So we couldn't do Fast Pass at all? We have 3 day tickets currently starting on Friday. I was just going to add a day for use on Thursday, but we were not going to check into the Dis resort until Friday. If I am hearing you right, we would not be able to prebook... would we still be able to use the tickets the day before check in? Thanks for bringing this to my attention... I had not even thought about that.

You could still book FPs for the three days starting Friday.

But package tickets can’t be activated early in advance, so you won’t be able to book for the Thursday until you get there.

When the date-based tickets were introduced a year or so ago, there was talk of not being able to activate package tickets early. You may want to double check that before you add on - @Rob562, do you think they can be? But you can’t do it ahead of time so can’t book FPs with them for days before the package start date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom