November/December 2017 ADR Unusually Busy

Have you found ADR booking more difficult this year?

• Total voters

DIZHUSBAND22

Original Poster
Hi all, going back towards the end of November and we have hit our 180 Day ADR milestone. However while in previous years we have had little if any issues getting our prefered ADR's, this year seems to be freakishly busy. I know its in the middle Halloween / Christmas Party season but MY GOD, the bookings have already been decimated.

Anyone got any ideas why this might be? Is there something else going on i'm not aware of or has everyone in the world just decided to be as efficient with ADR's as we are?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
No just restaurants can get extremely busy those weeks due to free dining time (11/25-11/27 check in dates are eligible this year so those are making their ressies this week etc) and other factors such as its a very popular time for DVC members etc etc. Parks are not a madhouse though just moderate crowds. We are going 11/29-12/12 again (do mine tomorrow) and often visit this time and restaurants can be hard to get some but usually all come through eventually if you stay persistent. Also if any of yours are Epcot restaurants some of those take longer to be released this time due to CP packages being released and preparing for that so it effects the regular ones being released too later than normal. Sometimes I couldn't make any Epcot ones for 2-4 weeks after 180 got here. Just keep checking daily. :)

MickeyMomV

We hit our 180 days last week. I get up at 6 for work and went on and made all of the reservations with no real issues. The only thing that we had to schedule a little later was thanksgiving dinner at Cali Grill. We even added a reservation or two at the beginning of this week and were good.
In the past the only thing I've had issues with was BOG. But since we have been there and seen the décor and we honestly find the food to be overrated we have no need to go back.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Just made mine this morning (used full website on iPad and did one or 2 on MDE APP) got all we wanted for the first 180+10 days of our 2 week trip. Only one I had to put on a different day than I wanted. Even got BOG dinner and lunch on days we wanted and times we wanted etc. Got 'Ohana dinner and breakfast, Cali Grill, Via Napoli, Yachtsman, Tiffins, Le Cellier, 50's, Mama Melorose Fantasmic. Package, Liberty Tree Tavern lunch, Kona breakfast, Homecomin', etc etc ...still need to decide when to do Hoop (a tradition for us like a lot of others but do try new ones too each trip) but it had lots of availability still, and need a few more the other 3 Days once I can make them to decide on. Even could of gotten Askurshus for breakfast at 9:25am one morning but just decided not to being I didn't want to wake up early that morning. Lol. But went very smoothly and fast. Had a few glitches but nothing that stopped me from making any I wanted.
Just don't give up and keep trying! ;)

Last edited:

Greg H

We also found it pretty good for our trip this year (late November/early December). Very similar to last year. Just waiting on processional and rivers of light packages... We did find Epcot very limited on Nov 28th, but this was the same last year as well and it seemed like they were just late putting availability up...

CaptainAmerica

The only glitch I had is waiting on Rivers of Light Dining packages to be released.

Yep waiting on that.;)
I think Disney missed an opportunity (and I'm glad they did) by not grouping Rivers of Light in with the Avatar attractions in the same Fastpass+ tier. Giving people the ability to book RoL and Avatar Fastpasses on the same day is going to cut down on demand for the dining packages.

ninjaprincesst

I think Disney missed an opportunity (and I'm glad they did) by not grouping Rivers of Light in with the Avatar attractions in the same Fastpass+ tier. Giving people the ability to book RoL and Avatar Fastpasses on the same day is going to cut down on demand for the dining packages.
I don't think that many people will want ROL fastpasses because by making one you just made it where you can' get any more for the day. That why Im checking every day for the dining package because that is the only way I will see ROL.

Darkzeid25

I've been able to make almost all the reservations for our upcoming trip 11/9-11/15. Chef Mickey's breakfast and Sci-fi are all booked up though. I managed to get a dinner at Chef Mickey's, but its 9PM. By the time we bus it back, it will be super late.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
We are booked Nov. 26-Dec. 3 and I didn't have any issues. I got on at 7:02am WDW time and got everything locked in. In fact, I was surprised made an ADR for CRT breakfast at 178 days. Resorts are a different story. We may do a split stay for Nov. 25 as we are looking at adding a day and Old Key West can't get us an additional day at the beginning of our reservation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom