Not receiving watched thread alerts

epcot2004

Original Poster
For some reason we are not receiving alerts when a new post is added to a watched thread. I have not changed any of the settings but have unchecked and rechecked the correct box (and saved changes). I did notice that the top checkbox had a blue highlight/halo around it when I reload the page, none of the other boxes look like that. This is not the end of the world but much easier to follow with the alerts. Thanks for your help.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
For some reason we are not receiving alerts when a new post is added to a watched thread. I have not changed any of the settings but have unchecked and rechecked the correct box (and saved changes). I did notice that the top checkbox had a blue highlight/halo around it when I reload the page, none of the other boxes look like that. This is not the end of the world but much easier to follow with the alerts. Thanks for your help.
Are you not getting email alerts, or not getting the alert at the top right of the screen?

epcot2004

Original Poster
Are you not getting email alerts, or not getting the alert at the top right of the screen?
Not getting the alert at the top right of the screen however did receive alerts for this thread. Is there a point where alerts stop due to the age of the thread? Had several watched threads with new comments that the alert did not display. Not signed up for the email alerts.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Not getting the alert at the top right of the screen however did receive alerts for this thread. Is there a point where alerts stop due to the age of the thread? Had several watched threads with new comments that the alert did not display. Not signed up for the email alerts.
Go to http://forums.wdwmagic.com/watched/threads and make sure you are watching the threads that you are expecting alerts for.

Last edited:

G00fyDad

If you do not open the link in the email and view the thread then after a couple times it will stop sending you the alerts. However, if you go into the thread later it will activate this automatically again until the next time you do not view the thread for a couple of times in a row.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom