Not Exactly Another "French Quarter" Resort Hotel Question...

tigger29

So the Riverside resort is undergoing renovation in its food court in March. Is it worth staying in the French Quarter or am I going to have thousands of people swarming over from the food-less Riverside and taking over my resort so they can get a mickey waffle or something? :lol: Should I stay in a different moderate resort instead?

Don't yell at me for putting it that way either! i"m just kidding. but will it be crazy with everyone in one place? Has anyone experienced this yet?

sbkline

Are you going to WDW to get the most out of the parks or to hang around all day in the hotel? :lol:

Seriously, although I have no answer to give to your question due to my lack of experience, my reply would be that I plan to spend the vast majority of my time away from the resort anyway, so it really wouldn't make much difference to me how busy the place is with guests from other resorts. As far as enjoying the resort goes, we plan to walk the grounds and do the carraige ride and hit the gift shops, so I can't really see big crowds affecting that very much.

When we stayed off property in 2003 and 2004, we did so with the thinking that we are simply using the motel to sleep anyway, so why spend the extra money for lodging that we could be spending on our daily activities? Why spend all that extra money for a room that we will only see early in the morning and late at night? Although we are ready to "upgrade" to staying on property this time around and try that experience, to a large degree, the thinking still applies: although we plan to explore and enjoy the resort, 80 or 90 percent of our time will be spent at the parks, so why fret about how busy the resort is? Of course, on the other hand, you may spend much more time at the resort than we plan, making it a little more important for you than it is for us.

Upvote 0

Ella's Mommy

Despite the fact that the Riverside Mill is undergoing a rehab they will have limited BF, Lunch, and Dinner. Your mickey waffles should be safe at the Quater. I am going in 6 days, so I'll let you know.

6 Days till I'm HOME:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

PO-R is my favorite mod, and I'm kinda fond of POFQ too :) But if I were going to WDW during PO-R's refurb, and if I were staying in a mod, I'd give serious consideration to trying out Coronado Springs.

Upvote 0

Firewolfe51

your mickey waffles are good! The two (riverside and fq) are close but not close enough to walk and get your waffles and refil drinks.

The Wolfe
FQ march 2007

Upvote 0

tigger29

Original Poster
Heheheheh thanks guys! You are all great!
sbkline: You know, I agree with you. I don't want to spend so much $ on a resort because I don't want to spend all my time there. But you know what? I've always wanted to stay on site in a nice resort for some reason. I don't really want to spend time in the resort, but my gf wants time to relax during the day (grrr!) and go to the pool. So if we stay onsite it is easier. Plus I wanted something more romantic than the Pop Century so I chose POFQ...my first ever moderate. And the idea of taking a boat to Downtown Disney sounds like a nice touch. A "mini-Disney Cruise"...heheheheheh.

DiZZneyPriCeSS-- Thanks for letting me know. If it's bad I may switch over to another resort, but I've always wanted to stay at POFQ. Also, if you have any ideas once you're there for anything romantic, please let me know. I need all the help I can get!

All of you guys are the best. I've been lurking and reading posts for a long time (and everyone makes fun of me for it....) but I am such a fan of the boards. I am so excited to go and hope that the ESPN weekend won't make the parks too crazy!!!

Best,
Tigger29 (and no, I don't smack kids....) ;)

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would keep your reservations at FQ. The food court there might be a little busier than normal but it is to far of a walk for the average guest to take just for breakfast so it wont be out of control. PORS and FQ are great resorts. IMHO the best of the moderates. PO is definitely a step up for the values. You will not be disappointed.

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: I think POFQ and POR are both romantic. You picked a good one. Yes, the disney "cruise" downtown on the boat is way cool. dont forget, at night they have romantic carriage rides at POR. they are only around $30. Last I knew, you had to have ressies. check with guest relations. Also, a romantic dinner somewhere at Epcot would be nice. a walk along the beach at nite at the POLY is romantic. specially if wishes is going on. also, you can see the nighttime electric water parade I assume. Never stayed there. Have a magical trip.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

magickingdom15

yea me and my family are going soon and we decided not to stay at PO riverside because of the fact that the food court is going to be closed. We're now gonna stay at CSprings.

Upvote 0

tigger29

Original Poster
Sounds wonderful. I wanted the small romantic feel. I hope not to deal with stampedes while I am not in the park...or while I am in the park as well! :)

New York is 9 degrees today. A stroll along a Disney beach sounds so nice right now....only 34 more days!!!!! WOO HOO!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom