Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

aladdin2007

What's struck me looking at some paperwork is how little of the expansion pad is being used for this. Call it a waste, call it too small - but really the building takes up less than half the pad.

Add to this the actual guest space inside it is just half of the already small building, and it beggars belief they thought it was a good idea for anything but as a knee jerk reaction to get park attandence up.

Did they leave any trees at all between Mexico and Norway, the ones closer to Mexico?
Isnt part of the pad being used for parking spaces? That really irks me.

Unplugged

I would hope on a portion next to & facing Mexico that they'd add a covered area for the Mariachi band. Wouldn't have to be very big and would help move folks a bit off the walkway.

Back to the Frozen topic.... Are they still installing a chiller for the Frozen brand toilet seats?

Monorail_Red_77

I would hope on a portion next to & facing Mexico that they'd add a covered area for the Mariachi band. Wouldn't have to be very big and would help move folks a bit off the walkway.

Back to the Frozen topic.... Are they still installing a chiller for the Frozen brand toilet seats?

When I was there this past Sunday. The new band was playing up against the Mexican restaurant that is at the waters edge. They had a covered patio type area they were playing under. Not sure if they wander around or if this is their permanent location like the band in Morocco.

Here's the Mexico entertainment pic:

IMG_4198.JPG

Monorail_Red_77

Thanks for the post! I saw a pic that had only 3 guys playing there. Being zoomed up, it seemed way too small for the full band. Looks great and I'll bet the sound projected well.
Yes it was quite nice and plenty loud. Nice to see a full band too. There were eight members there when we were there this time. I assume that is the full compliment.

Chef idea Mickey`=

If Epcot had enough room behind where the Meet & Greet Area and even behind all of Norway,
this concept could be utilized at WDW as well, they already have Norway covered, Arendalle
can be constructed on the side between Mexico and Norway heading in the middle to back,
then the castle & the mountainside could be constructed either one behind Norway and The Frozen Ride
and the other behind the back of Meet & Greet where Mexico.

The Best part is any of what they build won't ever appear in view of World Showcase Lagoon
kind of as in Canada for example with the BackDrop. If we were to see a bit of Elsa's
palace or Castle top would be fine since we would only see it as we approach the Frozen Ride.
Entrance. The only Downplay be is how far distance the area would be from Test Track,
I know Mexico is not far from it, and the Whoosh would need to be synced with ice sounds in order
to make guest reflect it as Elsa's frozen power's rather than a car speeding by. :joyfull:

Tom

Beta Return
What's struck me looking at some paperwork is how little of the expansion pad is being used for this. Call it a waste, call it too small - but really the building takes up less than half the pad.

Add to this the actual guest space inside it is just half of the already small building, and it beggars belief they thought it was a good idea for anything but as a knee jerk reaction to get park attandence up.

My thoughts exactly when seeing the plans. The building is wastefully small, and mostly bathrooms. Granted, WS needs more bathrooms, but it's apparent this was a very budget building to quickly (well, as quickly as Disney builds anything) capitalize on the hype.

COProgressFan

My thoughts exactly when seeing the plans. The building is wastefully small, and mostly bathrooms. Granted, WS needs more bathrooms, but it's apparent this was a very budget building to quickly (well, as quickly as Disney builds anything) capitalize on the hype.

I agree too. My only hope, however, is that it wouldn't be impossible to demolish a simple bathroom building sometime in the future for something better. I know, wishful thinking (and probably wouldn't happen until we're all dead!)

flyerjab

Just walked past this today and it truly looks like a construction zone. It's like a huge shovel came along and scooped out everything in between Mexico and Norway. When we were here in March there was foliage behind the walls. Well, that is completely gone now.

I feel for all of you Epcot purists out there.

djkidkaz

Many of the trees and foliage are being saved to be put back after construction.

On a side note, I was with an Epcot first timer yesterday and so we visited every country and every shop and I have to say it was really jarring to walk into Norways gift shop and see 80% of it as Frozen merchandise. The other countries have all this authentic product and then bam! it's a Frozen store.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Many of the trees and foliage are being saved to be put back after construction.

On a side note, I was with an Epcot first timer yesterday and so we visited every country and every shop and I have to say it was really jarring to walk into Norways gift shop and see 80% of it as Frozen merchandise. The other countries have all this authentic product and then bam! it's a Frozen store.
(Insert comment about how much money it made, and how popular it is, and how theme is pointless after popularity here)

Reactions: Tom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom