1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Normal wait times at Sea World?

Discussion in 'Sea World Orlando' started by disneygeek90, Jul 7, 2017.

1. disneygeek90

disneygeek90 Well-Known Member

I haven’t been to Sea World since I lived in Ohio (at least 2005). I live about a mile and a half away currently and I got free tickets. I am planning on going tomorrow and literally know nothing. What are the normal ride lines like? How early should I be getting to the park? I see they have a pay for FP, is it worth it? Any tips would be nice.

2. Journey_On

Journey_On Active Member

I would get to the park at park opening (9:00 AM) and hit up the rides then. Being that it's Saturday in July, the waits may be long.

The longest wait time for a ride will probably be Kraken Unleashed, which was just redone with virtual reality, and it has a slow load time. See if you can wait in a virtual line (reserve it once you get to the park, there are kiosks near the ride entrance).

Mako will probably be pretty popular. If you're into hypercoasters, you will enjoy it. If you don't want to spend a lot of time waiting in lines, Quick Queue may be worth your while. Don't miss Dolphin Days and One Ocean. Stay for the night time stuff if you can.

JohnD likes this.
  3. Tom Morrow

Tom Morrow Well-Known Member

Through most of the year, the lines are not bad at all at SeaWorld, but, being a Saturday in July, agreed that it's probably going to be kind of busy. The lines tend to be longest in the morning through 1-2 PM. Often the lines are very short near the end of the night. You can purchase the Quick Queue pass in the park, so you could wait until you are in the park to see the crowd levels.

Journey_On likes this.
  4. AJH219

AJH219 Well-Known Member

I got super spoiled during my first visit to SeaWorld last December, everything was walk on all day long. Now I can't hardly bear to visit the park and have to wait more than ten minutes :hilarious:

5. JohnD

JohnD Well-Known Member

I'm going 9/23. From what I'm hearing, I don't really need Quick Queue, right?

6. Journey_On

Journey_On Active Member

I think you'd be okay without Quick Queue. That is the first day/weekend of Spooktacular, however, so the park itself may be crowded, but I've found that for that event, the crowds are bigger on the Bayside pathway/Happy Harbor area of the park. I wouldn't think the rides would be affected a ton, especially the ones that have a higher height requirement. Perhaps wait and see until you get to the park? :)

Bairstow and JohnD like this.
  7. JohnD

JohnD Well-Known Member

Thought about Spooktacular but it sounded very kid-centric, more so than MNSSHP. Great for families with kids. Not so me.

8. WildernessLodge

WildernessLodge Well-Known Member

I just went yesterday. It was raining on and off so the crowd wasn't as big as usual but that meant that the lines weren't long at all. I got a free quick queue pass but didn't really need it - lines were under 20 min. For Kraken Unleashed you have to go on a website (they have signs in the park) and make a reservation. You can't get on the ride without one (might be different in Sept bc it wont be so new) so that cuts down on wait time for that. I can't speak for Sept but July/Aug is definitely the peak and although we had rain on our side, the lines were very manageable if not walk-on. I'll give more tips another time when I'm not so tired!

9. WildernessLodge

WildernessLodge Well-Known Member

My reccos:

SHOWS
    Dolphin Days - great presentation of the dolphins
    One Ocean - beautiful whales
    Ignite - great fireworks
    Shamu's Celebration: Light Up The Night - imo it's the best show in the whole park! very different feel than the Shamu day show

RIDES
    Mako - really good roller coaster! doesn't go upside down but I think it's Orlando's tallest coaster. it takes your breath away!
    Manta - super thrilling bc you're lying down so you hold on extra tight lol
    Journey to Atlantis - classic flume ride but then it turns into a mini coaster and you get a nice little ride
    Antarctica - this could have been better but it's still cute. warning: the line and the penguin exhibit at the end are freakishly cold!
    Wild Arctic - people say this is outdated but my mom and I were giggling the whole time bc the actual ride part is still fun! plus the animals are great at the end
    Sky Tower - a nice way to relax and get great views of the park
    Kraken - okay so this was my fave coaster in SW. i tried it with the VR and hated it. you can't see anything coming up which was scary for me and the 3D visuals almost made me throw up. you can opt to not wear the headset - i'm doing that next time

ATTRACTIONS
    Turtle Trek - super cute and unique 360 movie
    Dolphin Nursery - baby dolphins, enough said lol and they swim really close to you
    Orca Underwater Viewing - so beautiful
    Pacific Point Preserve - you don't really need a lot of time here, especially bc of their barking lol, but it's still fun place to stop by on your way to something else!
    Manta Aquarium - i suggest stopping by even if you don't ride Manta. it's a quick exhibit but nice
    Stingray Lagoon - always fun to touch a stingray!
    Shark Encounter - the shark tunnel is a classic
    Dolphin Cove - so this is a good exhibit but when I was there last week the part where you walk up to the pool was closed off for an added-on experience you can purchase. you could still see them from afar and underwater which is really cool but i was disappointed by this. however i do think that added-on experience is probably really cool - they were doing little tricks for the participants so it was like a mini-dolphin show.

ADDED EXPERIENCES
    Dolphin Encounter - so this is what I was just talking about at Dolphin Cove. I don't know the price but it looked really fun, especially if you've never touched a dolphin before
    Dine With Shamu - I've done this twice and absolutely love it! The food is okay - it's definitely theme park food but it's still enjoyable and it's cool that beer and wine are included. The proximity is amazing enough but on top of that they do a little show that's just really breath taking bc you're so close! Definitely worth it!!

DINING
    The All-Day Dining is really worth it. We even did it on top of our Dine With Shamu lunch bc you get so much food and right now if you buy a SW ticket it's only $20 more - you will definitely eat and drink $20 worth of food even on top of a speciality meal. And the options are pretty good. We liked Expedition Cafe - they had a few options from different cultures. We liked the Chinese food. It was basically mall food court Chinese food but hey I like that lol. Also really liked Voyager's Smokehouse which is basically bbq food. Seafire Grill also has really good fajitas!

THINGS I DON'T RECOMMEND
    Personally I won't be doing Kraken Unleashed again, I'll opt out of the VR next time
    Clyde And Seamore show - very corny and it's not like the animals do anything great. just not impressive to me and a waste of time.
    Pets Ahoy - I've seen it and kids like it but again, it's cats and dogs. I'd rather spend my time doing more unique experiences
    Pop - I didn't see this but it's someone blowing bubbles lol I'm sure they're cool bubbles but still - they're bubbles.
    Seaport Pizza - we just didn't like the pizza here, it was basically a frozen pizza

Wow this was long! I hope this helped though!

Journey_On and Tom Morrow like this.