Noooo please don't say this is staying

Invero

TTATraveler said:
I noticed on my recent trip that there were 2 monorail voices. The original Jack Wagner voice still said please stand clear of the doors. The rest of the recording was a new voice, almost sounding like the voice in the monorail at MCO.
Jack Wagner is the voice of the Orlando International Airport people mover (it's not really a monorail, although it is called such). He is also the voice of the "Please stand clear of the doors" spiel. That has not changed on the trains. It has been kept.

There is a new voice that has replaced the Matt Hansen version. No one seems to know if it is temporary, or not. (Obviously the holiday parts are, but they can be easily switched out with different segments)

TheDisneyMagic

Original Poster
Invero said:
Jack Wagner is the voice of the Orlando International Airport people mover (it's not really a monorail, although it is called such). He is also the voice of the "Please stand clear of the doors" spiel. That has not changed on the trains. It has been kept.

There is a new voice that has replaced the Matt Hansen version. No one seems to know if it is temporary, or not. (Obviously the holiday parts are, but they can be easily switched out with different segments)

Ahh thanks Invero, so Matt Hansen was the voice over, thank you very much for sharing that. :)

TheDisneyMagic

Original Poster
here is a little update:

I have been back to the magic kingdom five times since I last posted on this thread and have noticed that the Jack Wagner piece is there when travelling towards the MK but when on the way back to the TTC it dosn't play.

Montu

jddjcfc said:
Here is another question,
If they have removed the Please Stand Clear Of The Door's spiel, all of the toy monorails with the TTC feature are now incorrect because they have a built in loud speaker that says please stand clear of the doors.

Where's that question you mentioned?

Montu

PhotoDave219 said:
From what i hear its either that they changed departments OR there's a new manager around that wanted to change things, IE that ghwadawful new illuminations preshow music.

Either way its change, and probably this change is just for the sake of change. I highly doubt this is one of those things that the research people will notice us complaining about....

It's funny that you mention that. I'm not one that is that bothered by change here and there, but the Illuminations music is just terrible. The old loop was possibly one of the best BGM loops at any of the Disney theme parks. I still listen to it frequently on CD. I first heard the new one on July 4, apparently the first night it was used. I figured it was just something different for the holidays (though I didn't know how such terrible preshow music could celebrate *any* holiday.) It's sad that it's stayed since. It definately makes waiting for Illuminations a bit more trying now that you have to stand around, with nothing to do, and nothing to focus on but that music.

The Stitch stuff added to the monorail is really super-cute. It works in general, and it's a great way to advertise a new attraction as well. The speil itself though - whoever's reading it needs to learn how to read lines a bit better. It feels like he's yelling them at you, almost trying to convince you to buy something. I don't care that it's a different voice - but if you're going to pick someone, at least audition them first! :rolleyes:

Invero

jddjcfc said:
here is a little update:

I have been back to the magic kingdom five times since I last posted on this thread and have noticed that the Jack Wagner piece is there when travelling towards the MK but when on the way back to the TTC it dosn't play.
Jack Wagner only does the Please Stand Clear of the Doors speil. It plays anytime the door close command is given from the door control panel, regardless of where the train is at. This has not changed, and I seriously doubt it will anytime in the near future.

Scooter

I have uploaded it to my Cellphone so if some one here's the Monorail Spiel whilst walking round one of the Disney parks you will know its me :lol:

:)[/QUOTE]

May I ask how you did this?

I Would LOVE to have the Please stand clear of the doors speil on my Cellphone!!

TheDisneyMagic

Original Poster
May I ask how you did this?

ahh that was easy: First of all I had the .Wav file of the Spiel on my laptop, (my cellphone can read wav) and then through infrared I sent the file across, then just set it as ring tone.
:)

hardcard

Stitchfan712 said:
Same. When i was on it, the old voice was used for the "please stand clear of the doors", the rest was a different voice.

Please tell me they didn't remove the last remains of the original spiel!

The first voice (please stand clear) is of course Jack Wagner.. The continuation of the 'newer' speil is his son whom took over the rolls before his father died in 1995.. His name is Mike Wagner.. and he does SEVERAL disney voices and voice-overs including one of the chracters in 'soundsations' after 'sounds dangerous'

stuart

NO WAY!!! This is a disaster that the spiel has changed bring back Matt Hanson / Mike Wagner. At least the Jack Wagner part hasnt gone. If it had it wouldnt surprise me if there was a large crowd gathering around DisneyWorld with with pitchforks and 2x4s on fire wanting reinstated.

Indy95

ACE said:
Personally, since the monorail is suppose to be futuristic, why wouldn't it have a computer generated voice? It does fit the theme Hal. What are you doing Hal?

But the entire point was to have the narration done by your "captain," who felt warm and personable, rather than a soulless computer.

TheDisneyMagic

Original Poster
Indy95 said:
But the entire point was to have the narration done by your "captain," who felt warm and personable, rather than a soulless computer.
Nicely said I was thinking of something along those lines aswell

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom