Nonalcoholic Beverage for DDP

French Quarter

Original Poster
It's been awhile since we did the DDP. I'm just trying to determine what counts as a nonalcoholic beverage. I remember when we used the plan in '07 that wasn't clearly indicated on any menus and varied from restaurant to restaurant. Soda was always included but sometimes you could get a big fancy smoothie or milkshake and sometimes you couldn't. So, rather than have to clarify everytime, I thought I would ask here so that I know before I go.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
At Le Cellier we were allowed smoothie with the dining plan and at Whispering Canyon we got the all you can drink milkshakes. Bottled water is also included on the plan.

French Quarter

Original Poster
So, is it still the case that you have to ask when you get to the restaurant or do they now mark the DDP options for drinks on the menus?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
You're allowed anything on the menu that isn't listed as a "speciality drink". Usually, speciality drinks come with glow cubes, light-up attachments or glasses you get to take home with you.

French Quarter

Original Poster
You're allowed anything on the menu that isn't listed as a "speciality drink". Usually, speciality drinks come with glow cubes, light-up attachments or glasses you get to take home with you.

This is really helpful. Thanks for letting me know. My biggest fear was ordering up these fancy drinks and not being told that they weren't included in the DDP until the bill came. Now I can relax.

Computer Magic

That isn't exactly true. We were turned down for a "speciality drink" from a few places. I wish I could remember which ones :eek:

Maybe the waiter didn't know, but what am I to do :shrug: I in Disney and really don't want to argue.

Computer Magic

This is really helpful. Thanks for letting me know. My biggest fear was ordering up these fancy drinks and not being told that they weren't included in the DDP until the bill came. Now I can relax.
That can happen as I was turned down a few times last Sept. I really couldn't figure out the logic. SANAA is a TS and Yachtsman is a SIG :shrug:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
That isn't exactly true. We were turned down for a "speciality drink" from a few places. I wish I could remember which ones :eek:

Maybe the waiter didn't know, but what am I to do :shrug: I in Disney and really don't want to argue.

I said anything that ISN'T listed as a speciality drink.

Disneykidder

Monty is correct. When we ate at the Steakhouse in CR (rest its soul) the kids got fruity frinks that were included but we purchased the glow cube, glow Hook and the Glow Tink out of pocket. :ROFLOL:

muteki

Trying to remember what it was, but I was turned down from something at Chefs de France. Definitely wasn't alcoholic but it might have been "specialty". I want to say it was an Orangina or Lorina.

French Quarter

Original Poster
Neither of those drinks are listed as speciality on the AllEars menu for Chefs but they might be on the actual menu. I don't know. It's sounding like I'll still have to ask each time if such-and-such is included in my DDP credit.

Computer Magic

I said anything that ISN'T listed as a speciality drink.
Our definaion of speciality drink differs. I see a speciality drink as anything outside soda, milk, etc.

The fact remains not every place will allow a smoothy or fruity drink under the DDP. I know as I was turned down from several places. I get tired of soda for every meal. So I order a fruity non-alcohol drink and a glass of water.

Computer Magic

Neither of those drinks are listed as speciality on the AllEars menu for Chefs but they might be on the actual menu. I don't know. It's sounding like I'll still have to ask each time if such-and-such is included in my DDP credit.
You will need to ask before ordering or risk being charged. Many times I was refused a fruity drink.

It might be the CM serving you that doesn't understand.

lilclerk

Once they know I'm on the DDP, they usually start offering what drinks I can get. I get a milkshake/root beer float wherever possible :lol: I know at Sci-Fi and 50s you can get them, also at The Plaza. Can't recall any others at the moment.
I remember in '07 at Sci-Fi, my boyfriend just wanted a water instead of soda, thinking he'd get tap water, but they brought him one of those giant bottles of Evian and it counted as his drink. That may have been a one-off situation, but considering how much Disney charges for those it was a great deal!

Computer Magic

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At Sanna below is the list of [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Non-Alcoholic Specialties[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mega-Berry Smoothie - Raspberry puree and nonfat yogurt blended with Odwalla Berries GoMega $4.69[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mango Lassi Smoothie - frozen blend of mango puree with nonfat yogurt $4.69[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tinker Bell and Friends or Buzz Lightyear Punch- Minute Maid Light Lemonade Punch served in a souvenir Fairies or Toy Story 3 cup with a glowing Tinker Bell or Buzz Lightyear Clip-on Light $6.49[/FONT]
[/FONT]
We were allowed the Mega Berry Smoothis or Mango Lassi Smoothie, but not the Tinker Bell and Friends or Buzz Lightyear Punch under the DDP.

many places don't want to honor similar drinks because they do cost more than Soda, Coffee, Water, Tea, etc.

French Quarter

Original Poster
Thanks for the info everyone. Seems like they are still unclear about this. Why not just mark on the menu what's for DDP and what's not?

Dwarful

At Kona's the girls all had the "lava flow' or whatever it was..non-alcoholic of course...and milkshakes at 50's. I can't remember everything else cause its been awhile since we were on the plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom