No Dining Plan Newbie Questions

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Well this July is our fifth trip the World but our first time going without the Dining Plan and I have just a few questions.

1. I'm not a pop drinker and the thought of milk on a hot July day isn't appealing. I really just prefer water. So my question is will quick services give you a cup of water rather than paying for a bottle of water?

2. I have 2 very lite eaters in our group, is there any particular quick services that have dinners that two can share?

Also I've seen pictures of places that have a water cooler. Were are they? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

mouse_luv

Well this July is our fifth trip the World but our first time going without the Dining Plan and I have just a few questions.

1. I'm not a pop drinker and the thought of milk on a hot July day isn't appealing. I really just prefer water. So my question is will quick services give you a cup of water rather than paying for a bottle of water?

2. I have 2 very lite eaters in our group, is there any particular quick services that have dinners that two can share?

Also I've seen pictures of places that have a water cooler. Were are they? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

You can ask for a cup of ice water with your meal. They also have lemonade and iced tea that you pay for in the place of pop.

Most of the adult meals can be shared. My DBF and I always share the chicken tenders meal at Cosmic Rays when we go for example.

What do you mean, places that have a water cooler?

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Your light eaters can also order off the kids menu at quick service locations. I have done this when no one wanted to share an adult entre with me.

We always get ice water with our meals. Just ask for a cup of water when you place your order.
Thank you!! The kids menu is a good idea, I didn't even think of that!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I have read reports on how Disney has added water coolers with lemon around the parks with paper cups.
I have only seen these outside table service restaurants. This was on the porch as we waited to be called into Crystal Palace:
image.jpeg

lostpro9het

1: Yes
2: Tangierine cafe has a few platters a pair could share, we like the:
Veggie platter
20150503_192351.jpg

And the chicken and lamb shawarma platter:
20150503_192345.jpg

Weather_Lady

I wanted to second the Tangierine Cafe as a great place to split a shawarma platter!

Also, your light eaters (whatever their age) can order from the kids' menu at any CS location, if they see something they like. You can also (this is not advertised, but can always be done) ask for CS entrees without the advertised sides (e.g., burger without fries), and you'll get a discount on the price.

Finally, free iced water is available on request at any CS location, anytime -- no purchase required.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Both platters are soooooogoooood! Dont be discouraged by anything and just jump into it! I was really against the couscous at first until I tried and now I love it.
I'm going to try this platter and I'm trusting that you know what your talking about since you've had quite a few trips lately and seem to know your stuff. Thanks for the tip!

DfromATX

Same here! (July being our 5th trip but first time no dining plan.) Are you testing to see if it's worth it? That is what we're doing. I'm going to put the exact amount it would cost onto a prepaid card, an idea I got from the fine folks here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom