night time parades

murphy

Original Poster
which has the best affects, spectromagic or the electrical light parade? I have only experienced the electrical parade and it is my favorite.

egionet

I think Spectromagic has better affects, but I would take the Main Street Electrical Parade over Spectromagic any day. It's one of my favorites of anything Disney has every done!

PixieTinkerbell

Originally posted by murphy
which has the best affects, spectromagic or the electrical light parade? I have only experienced the electrical parade and it is my favorite.

This question is bound to start an avalanche of responses as to favorites. I have found people to be very dedicated to their favorite night time parade!

I agree with you Electric Light Parade is my fave too.

General Grizz

From what I've seen, Spectro is technologically superior. But MSEP has a flavor that puts it slightly above Spectro. I'll see Spectro in its entirety soon. . . but it may be hard to beat the uplifting 'Baroque Hoedown!'

CTXRover

I am a true fan of Spectro and I find it better than MSEP. When MSEP came back for the 25th, I was glad to see it again, but was even happier when Spectro came back. I like the Baroque Hoedown, but there's just something about hearing "On this magic night" that gets me in the mood. It is also probably the more technologically superior parade. Even some of the items from Spectro, like the lighted dragonflies and butterflies, were used to make MSEP's reincarnation for the 25th better than the original parade that once traveled through the MK. Spectro is a little more "artsy" with the clown folks in the beginning, but its still my favorite of the two.

mkepcotmgmak

well - msep is a classic! it has bouncy, catchy music. it is the original nightime parade, holding a special place in many disney hearts... spectromagic, as far as technology and effects - well, if you lived through the seventies, it is nothing, because it is mainly disco balls, fog, and well... fiber optic cables - this would be spectacular, but you have to see Dreamlights (the nightime parade from Tokyo Disney - it is absolutely incredible - this parade is actually a mixture of SpectroMagic and MSEP - Baroque Hoedown is still the underliner for the main part of the parade, but it fades out from synthesized to orchestrated music, the grand marshall of the parade is brought back (the blue fairy) and many recognizable floats from MSEP have been MAJORYLY rehabed and choreographed BRILLIANTLY to the wonderful music, and incorporates newer films right along with the classics. i know that dreamlights was not one of your options, but i HIGHLY wish to see dreamlights in person, and hope that it moves to WDW in the near future. my fav. is spectromagic, only because it has a different feal to it... to me, it feels more magical and you feel the feeling of fantasy from it... MSEP, to me, is just a pick me up, tap your feet and smile at the characters type of parade. hope you get to view it soon!

aim

I'm the biggest fan of MSEP! I like Spectro, but MSEP was the parade when I was younger. And hearing the music for it gives me chills. I hear it and remember all the awesome memories from when I was younger. If I had to choose, I would pick MSEP over Spectro. Even though Spectro is a great parade too.

I' m definitely a fan of the original - MSEP ! I went to Disney a year or so ago, and I saw Spectro for the first time - i had my doubts going into it-knowing full well it could never replace MSEP - afterwards, I didn't think it was all that bad - i mean the music, fiber optics/floats were actually kinda cool. However, I still prefer MSEP a whole lot better- in fact, I posted a while ago about MSEP possibly making a comeback-i heard it from my friend who works down there - however, even tho I was quite excited, I haven't herad for sure if it is indeed coming back - i can only cross my fingers!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom