Night Shows - how many can you fit in one night?

Kaznagan

Original Poster
Hey Hey Everyone,

hope your all going well and enjoying all things Disney!

Sitting here at working thinking 'how can you fit in all the amazing night shows in the smallest amount possible?'
We have a 5 day pass - also hoping to get one night for the Not So Scary Halloween Party.
Most are held in Magic Kingdom, and I assume most are relatively close to one another (by the looks of what pictures i have seen).
So.... i guess my question is - can you just get a seat or a spot somewhere and watch one after the other and not have to move or is it better to go from one spot to another.
I've been to DL, but this will be my first trip to DW. Who knows when i'll be back (if i could have a choice i'd live and work there). I would love to do as much as i can fit into the plan but not over stress over things (its a very thin line but i think it can be done).
Its the whole over plan before you go so you can relax (as much as you can at disney) and enjoy everything your doing while your there.

xx Karlie

samosaurus

Hello!

In 5 days you will definitely be able to see all of the nighttime entertainment!

Epcot:
IllumiNations - Reflections of Earth; This takes place in World Showcase lagoon and can be seen along the lagoon from pretty much anywhere around World Showcase. If I'm not mistaken, this is usually at about 9pm. This is Epcot's only nighttime show, so you won't need to worry about moving around.

Hollywood Studios:
Fantasmic! - This is the only nighttime show at Hollywood Studios, and it has a designated seating area with bleachers.

Animal Kingdom: No nighttime entertainment at this time, but a new show called Rivers of Light is under construction and expected to open in spring 2016.

Magic Kingdom:
Celebrate the Magic: Cinderella Castle projection show
Main Street Electrical Parade
Wishes fireworks
Usually, these shows are scheduled close together, so it's possible to stay in one spot. To see all of these, you would need to sit (or stand) in the hub in front of the castle or further back on Main Street U.S.A. I wouldn't recommend sitting too close to the castle, as you will need to crane your neck to see Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. Also, if there are two Main Street Electrical Parades scheduled in one night, I would recommend viewing the later one, which tends to be less crowded. Another option is to watch the Electrical Parade in the less-crowded Frontierland and Wishes and Celebrate the Magic in the hub or on Main Street.

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party:
Boo to You Parade - 8:15pm and 10:30pm
Happy HalloWishes fireworks - 9:30pm
Villains Mix & Mingle show - 7:45pm, 8:55pm, 10:00pm
This can be tricky since there is so much to do at the party in a relatively short amount of time. Aside from the shows, there are also a lot of character meet and greets and trick or treating. Your best bet is to watch the 8:55pm Villains Mix & Mingle show right in front of the castle. Then, move back in the hub or Main Street U.S.A. for Happy HalloWishes. I recommend going to the 10:30pm parade, which is less crowded. This is best seen in Frontierland or on Main Street U.S.A.

I hope this helps and isn't too overwhelming!:)

Kaznagan

Original Poster
Hello!

In 5 days you will definitely be able to see all of the nighttime entertainment!

Epcot:
IllumiNations - Reflections of Earth; This takes place in World Showcase lagoon and can be seen along the lagoon from pretty much anywhere around World Showcase. If I'm not mistaken, this is usually at about 9pm. This is Epcot's only nighttime show, so you won't need to worry about moving around.

Hollywood Studios:
Fantasmic! - This is the only nighttime show at Hollywood Studios, and it has a designated seating area with bleachers.

Animal Kingdom: No nighttime entertainment at this time, but a new show called Rivers of Light is under construction and expected to open in spring 2016.

Magic Kingdom:
Celebrate the Magic: Cinderella Castle projection show
Main Street Electrical Parade
Wishes fireworks
Usually, these shows are scheduled close together, so it's possible to stay in one spot. To see all of these, you would need to sit (or stand) in the hub in front of the castle or further back on Main Street U.S.A. I wouldn't recommend sitting too close to the castle, as you will need to crane your neck to see Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. Also, if there are two Main Street Electrical Parades scheduled in one night, I would recommend viewing the later one, which tends to be less crowded. Another option is to watch the Electrical Parade in the less-crowded Frontierland and Wishes and Celebrate the Magic in the hub or on Main Street.

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party:
Boo to You Parade - 8:15pm and 10:30pm
Happy HalloWishes fireworks - 9:30pm
Villains Mix & Mingle show - 7:45pm, 8:55pm, 10:00pm
This can be tricky since there is so much to do at the party in a relatively short amount of time. Aside from the shows, there are also a lot of character meet and greets and trick or treating. Your best bet is to watch the 8:55pm Villains Mix & Mingle show right in front of the castle. Then, move back in the hub or Main Street U.S.A. for Happy HalloWishes. I recommend going to the 10:30pm parade, which is less crowded. This is best seen in Frontierland or on Main Street U.S.A.

I hope this helps and isn't too overwhelming!:)

You have made my day! Wow... I can do this! I have moments thinking yes I can do is and others where I think I'm not going to fit it all in, but I am certain I can!!!!
The night shows are going to be amazing, I've seen world of colour, fantasmic and the fire works at DL and they bring a tear to my eye. So I know I'm going to be a big mess while at disney world!

Thank you for the tips of where to stay to watch the shows, that's perfect!!!
Next step... Just wait till sept to see it all!!!!

TB4244

If you get to DHS early enough for the first show of Fantasmic you can go straight from the park via boat to Epcot and catch Illuminations straight after. Its a mad dash but its possible, I know...I've done it!

Mukta

As a DL local, love the WDW shows for what they are, but don't expect them to be like the DL ones. DL's Fantasmic! is much better than DHS's. Illuminations is a great show and Wishes is good, but they are no where close to the caliber of Remember.

Kaznagan

Original Poster
We found that if you sit up high enough at Fantasmic, you can see Illuminations going off in the distance!

I will put this in my little book of hints im taking with me - cause knowing me - i'll mix everything up and do it backwards! Thank you!

If you get to DHS early enough for the first show of Fantasmic you can go straight from the park via boat to Epcot and catch Illuminations straight after. Its a mad dash but its possible, I know...I've done it!

Awesome..... i will give myself this challenge and see how we go!

I will also make the suggestion of watching the parade twice. Trust me. It is the best parade they put on at WDW at this time. It changed my life.

I will do my best to do this! my poor friends i dont think they realise how much they are in for going to DW with me! im such a big kid!!

As a DL local, love the WDW shows for what they are, but don't expect them to be like the DL ones. DL's Fantasmic! is much better than DHS's. Illuminations is a great show and Wishes is good, but they are no where close to the caliber of Remember.

Remember is amazing, and world of colour is something i tell everyone they NEED to see while at DL. Ive seen it 3 times (each time ive been) and each time i get that tear in my eye that makes me look like the big softy i am! If i could i would love to add DL to this trip just for Cars Land alone but i must tick DW off my Bucket List!

Thank you everyone for your tips and knowledge - you are amazing.
I go and tell my friends all the things i learn off here - i sound like an expert (which we all know i'm not) i think its a great place where everyone helps each other!

If any of you are at DW in Sept look for the big kid running around with an aussie accent come say hi!

Thank you again

xx K

seahawk7

Or vice versa. We caught the 11 showing of Fantasmic after watching Illuminations. Did you get a good spot for Illuminations? For me, I don't care about seeing the light show on the globe so I'm not that picky when it comes to a spot, but for Fantasmic front and center baby. The longer I can watch the next to last scene with all the characters the better.

seahawk7

Agree on the firework shows but the Fantasmic are just different from one another without one being better.

TB4244

Or vice versa. We caught the 11 showing of Fantasmic after watching Illuminations. Did you get a good spot for Illuminations? For me, I don't care about seeing the light show on the globe so I'm not that picky when it comes to a spot, but for Fantasmic front and center baby. The longer I can watch the next to last scene with all the characters the better.

We did get a great viewing position because we fastpassed both shows. We planned ahead!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom