Night Parade

stitchlvr

Was there another version of Spectromagic or are you referring to The Main Street Electrical Parade?

I've seen MSEP in DL in 86, 95 and its "farewell" season in 96...assuming then we would never see it again. Then we went to WDW for the first time in 2000 and to our surprise, there it was again. I was disappointed at the time, because I had heard how wonderful Spectromagic was, and I wanted to see it.

But after seeing Spectromagic for the first time this summer in WDW, I have to say I don't feel it captures the same magic for me that MSEP had. I was rather disappointed in it. I felt the opening float was almost creepy :confused: and the music didn't hold a candle to MSEP.

If I had to choose, it would definately be MSEP for me!

se8472

There was another version but the changes that where made were small. Such as Roger Rabbit was conducting the music float and not Genie

David

I would have to go with SpectroMagic. I saw it before I saw MSEP, so I may be biased because Spectro was the first I saw, and sometimes that can affect our opinions. I still enjoy getting out the tapes to watch it again, and in only 52 days, I'll get to see it again for real. (Man these days are just draggin by!)

chrisps

I remberer the main street electrical parade I relly liked that parade alot I though that I whould never see the parade again but when I went in 99 I saw the parade and it made me relly happly. I was wonding if there is going to be a new parade for disneyland's 50th anverisey at disneyworld. When I went to disneyworld last year I saw the sprical magic cd's on sale and I though that they were going to make another parade. I hope that another parade is made like the main street electrical parade with more updates on the flots like the electrical parade at tokoa disneyland. I hope that the new parade has the same music as the old electrical parade if dsineyworld ever gets a new parade for the nighttime eretamitme. I like sparical magic but I liked the main steet electrical parade alot better I hope that the parade comes back to disneyworld and stays this time like the old parade did when I was youger. Did the main street electrical parade that was ardly at disneyworld go to disney paris? Do you think that the main steet electrical parade will ever come back to disneyworld?

mrtoad

topflamingo said:
Is the MSEP going to Hong Kong Disneyland for its opening? Just wondering if what I was told is true!!

Kat

The original MSEP from WDW went to Tokyo or Paris, I am not sure which but am pretty sure Paris. The one that was in WDW a few years back was the one from Disneyland. I am not sure what is to become of it but I too prefer the old parade and music.

Figment1986

the disney land one went back to disneyland.... the WDW one went to paris however the recently got TDL's old parade so WDW MSEP is sitting somewhere gathering dust... perhaps it will go to Hong Kong....

aimster

chrisps said:
I was wonding if there is going to be a new parade for disneyland's 50th anverisey at disneyworld.
I don't know, but Disneyland itself is getting a new parade called the Parade of Dreams for the 50th.

mrtoad

Figment1986 said:
the disney land one went back to disneyland.... the WDW one went to paris however the recently got TDL's old parade so WDW MSEP is sitting somewhere gathering dust... perhaps it will go to Hong Kong....

I wish they would bring it back to WDW then. Move Spectro to Hong Kong or better yet to MGM so you can have both parades on property...

murphy

I love MSEP, I saw spectro for the first this june, it was ok, but I too wish they would bring back MSEP to WDW!! I liked everything about it better, even my photos!!!

IlovyensiD

I wish they would bring back the MSEP. Spectromagic is OK but the MSEP will always be my favorite. I also like the idea that was suggested to put Spectromagic in MGM so they would have a night time parade and bring back the MSEP when Disneyland gets their new parade.

Bring back the MSEP!!!! :sohappy:

KentB3

As some of you already know, I am currently in the process of designing a proposal for a new Disney theme park resort on the Imagineer forum. For the night parade in my Magic Kingdom park, I chose an updated version of Main Street Electrical Parade. This is basically the same as the original, but with better, more up-to-date floats, and fiberoptic lights; plus a few new parade float units, such as Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Winnie the Pooh, and it's a small world.

A description of this parade can be found at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=39624

Enjoy! :D

JTFerret

I always loved the MSEP, it is my favorite Disney parade. While it is back in California, it is taking place at California Adventure, not Disneyland. My family and I took a trip last year and enjoyed watching it again but I have to admit that it doesn't feel right watching the Main Street Electrical Parade take place somewhere other than Main Street! :confused: It was another attempt to increase attendance at California Adventure (see Tower of Terror - or don't), that really doesn't accomplish that. People would go into California Adventure, watch the parade and go back into Disneyland when it was over. I would love for WDW to have a return engagement but I figure HKDL will probably get it first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom