Night Of Joy 2015 Lineup

Nick Wilde

Original Poster
Didn't see this posted anywhere on here, so I thought I'd post. Here it is.
2015’s full lineup includes: (entertainment subject to change)

Friday, September 11 - TobyMac, MercyMe, Jeremy Camp, Colton Dixon, Big Daddy Weave, Francesca Battistelli, Rend Collective, and I Am They

Saturday, September 12 - Skillet, Lecrae, For King & Country, Mandisa, Matt Maher, Jamie Grace, Seventh Time Down, and Veridia
Source: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/01/disneys-night-of-joy-2015-artist-update/

Last edited:

Sped2424

Working Night of Joy was one of the worst nights of my life. Adults acting like brain dead teenagers and teenagers acting like a mob of horrors. The worst behavior I've ever seen from guests all happened on Night Of Joy. Ask any cast member. TEERIBLE.
Couple of my cast member friends have said more or less it was their least favorite night to work.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
NoJ is 100x worse than Grad Nights for guest behavior which is ironic.

Skillet is about the only group I would want to see and I've seen them for free at our local LifeLight concert.

FigmentForver96

Pretty good lineup....be even better if Kari Jobe had made the list. Idk about the behavior at Night of Joy, but the Rock the Universe behavior was both decent and terrible at one time. It started out great the first day were there. Everyone was well behaved and the heavy rain kept people subdued. The second day, kids were running and screaming as they played tag, and some adults sat there and yelled as us as we exited the RRR. We waiting in line for an hour and then it rained and waited 30 more minutes...we were not waiting anymore. The cast were pretty friendly though. Anyway guess ill find out about Night of Joy this year!

Nick Wilde

Original Poster
I went to NOJ in 2013 (which is when I became a Panhead), and 2014 and I don't remember anything about crazy teenagers and brain dead adults... just lots of hype. And I mean LOTS. People chanting in line at Space Mountain, high fiving everyone as you pass them in the queue for Peter Pan's Flight, people singing the songs playing throughout the park. No rowdy behavior though. Just extreme excitement.

AndyS2992

What is Night of Joy like? Concerts in the evening at MK? Does it affect the park's crowd level earlier in the day?
Night of Joy is a Christian music festival held two nights a year in September at Magic Kigdom. And yes it does. Locals flock to the park to see the performances.

Unfortunately I will be at WDW those two days and so I will be staying clear of Magic Kingdom both days. Heard nothing but bad things about it.

Last edited:

sophie_the_pooh

Night of Joy is a Christian music festival held two nights a year in September at Magic Kigdom. And yes it does. Locals flock to the park to see the performances.

Unfortunately I will be at WDW those two days and so I will staying clear of Magic Kingdom both days. Heard nothing but bad things about it.
I'll be there too, I was hoping for MNSSHP on that night, but I guess I'll also avoid MK on those days and wait a couple of days for MNSSHP...

MaxsDad

We have been to both nights of NoJ every year for the last five years, dating back to when WDW tried it out over at DHS.

Some internet posters for years have either given the impression, or more frequently simply reiterated the impression they got from someone else, that NoJ is Lord of the Flies meets the Magic Kingdom. Readers would half expect to see Donald being roasted on a spit by a bunch of 14 year olds at the partners statue.

As a GUEST (emphasis), I can tell you it is not bad at all. I see ruder, more self centered guest on a far more regular basis on normal park days. Walking from land to land around the MK is an above average experience in my opinion. QS places are crowded as options are limited, but behavior is normal. When I am there; however, I am there to worship. I am at the hub, or the other two stages, standing in a crowd, listening to music. So I am not in the gift shops, I have no need to be there at that time. I am rarely in the ride lines, as well, because I have been there all week. CM's likely get their impression of the event from these areas. As the kid's are hyped, I believe mischievous behavior must occur. I could see this irritating said CM's.

So if you are interested in the music, do not let the negativity keep you away. If you are thinking it is a hard ticket event in general, so a good time to ride rides, then do not do it. You can get shorter lines during the week than during the concerts.

Also, to those who mentioned they would avoid the MK on those days, Touring Plans consistently rates Fri and Sat of NoJ at MK as 1 or 2, the lowest attendence days of the year. You may want to rethink that if you have park hopper, or night time plans. The NoJ crowd can not enter until 4pm, and you can stay 7pm. You could still have a great day at MK.

pmaljr

Okay, I'll play along too. Not trying to start something but I doubt it would be any worse than normal. Someone please do tell specifics of this bad behavior that you've seen first-hand, you know, that you wouldn't see any other weekend at MK. Disney's been doing this since the early 80s. It seems that if this was really an issue they would have stopped having it by now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom