Nick's Alien Encounter Update 10/15

DarkMeasures

I was there when Horizons was being torn down. It pwned.

Then I went again and Mission:Space was underconstruction and you could see inside the whole building the the giant red planet was just a wire frame.

then I went again and the outside was done but the ride was not open.

And then I went again and rode Mission:Space the second week testing was held.

Pwnage. Of course I have never rode Horizons.

disneydata

Original Poster
Sorry to dissapoint everyone who wants pictures ...

... but there's no need for any. If you walked into AE now (which I just did not 2 hours ago), it looks exactly like it should. Technically, the ride is on, just in e-stop mode. SIR is fine, you can't see naked Skippy, and they're cleaning off SIR and his podium. There are also some small pieces of him on the console. Looks like they're just touching up.

In the chambers, the cover tubes are down and it looks perfectly normal. You can't really tell the ride is being refurbished. There is scaffolding in chamber B, but that's it. The might be taking a break or something. The exterior probably won't be done for a while, so don't get your hopes up.

Now it's time for me to fill out my paper for the Fantasyland Ride-A-Thon. Go Children's Miracle Network!

Nick

Sir Hiss527

Man that sucks, I wanted to see some pictures. Yea when I was there last saturday, and I saw AE from the outside, it still looked the same and all. There's no wall up or anything, just a sign that says "This area is being refurbished for your future enjoyment, by the way Nick, how are you able to take pictures from the inside. Wouldn't you get fired for that?

Sherm00

ugh it still has those stupid harnesses. if it still has those i won't be riding it and complaining again. everytime i go down.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Not harnesses, analyssus Modules.:D

LOL! I wish we still had "analysis modules". Now I guess they are just harnesses :(

I do think I was wrong about something though. I read that CM's are saying that SGE will not have a height requirement after all and the "Analysis Modules" (sigh) will be changed so they can lower all the way down for the smaller ones. Good news for you Stitch fans with little ones. I personally could care less :lol:

The Cheat

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Sherm00
ugh it still has those stupid harnesses. if it still has those i won't be riding it and complaining again. everytime i go down.

They are actually used for bi-nuaral sound, though, and added a lot of the alien sounds that were supposed to come from a location of close proximity.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by The Cheat
They are actually used for bi-nuaral sound, though, and added a lot of the alien sounds that were supposed to come from a location of close proximity.

Listen don't worry about it. I've tried to explain that to Sherm00 in about 2 other threads. He just doesn't like the harnesses no matter if they produce binural sound, trinural sound, or infinitynural sound :lol: . I'm not exactly sure why he's so anti harness (it's not a big deal at all) but it's his opinion and he is entitled to it. Good description of why they are in place though.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by dxwwf3
Listen don't worry about it. I've tried to explain that to Sherm00 in about 2 other threads. He just doesn't like the harnesses no matter if they produce binural sound, trinural sound, or infinitynural sound :lol: . I'm not exactly sure why he's so anti harness (it's not a big deal at all) but it's his opinion and he is entitled to it. Good description of why they are in place though.

I know what you mean. Also, the harnesses ( or annalyssus Modules ) keep people from running around or getting out of the show, because it would pretty much ruin the effect that you're hostile.

The Cheat

Account Suspended
Originally posted by imagineer boy
I know what you mean. Also, the harnesses ( or annalyssus Modules ) keep people from running around or getting out of the show, because it would pretty much ruin the effect that you're hostile.

Exactly!

Creekboy25

now that AE is dead, can someone tell me how the effefts worked, i have always wondered and now that there are no secrets to keep i would be very entertained to know just how they did it.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by barnum42
Thanks for the link, however it doe not work :(

It's either gone the way of AE, or possibly a typo?

I'm sorry, I've been checking over and over, and I still won't work! Can anyone help?:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom