NFL 2015 Discussion Thread

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
If you want to get your hopes raised for 3 quarters, then have them dashed and left feeling annoyed and bitter in the 4th, come on down and root for the Giants!
I was a temporary Giants fan in Super Bowls XLII and XLVI because I despise the Patriots with all my being.

jw24

Should've learned my lessons from the past. Never pick San Diego when they're on the road! :banghead: I've definitely underestimated Buffalo and overestimated Miami this year. :oops: Joe Philbin is definitely on the hot seat. You can't expect to stay as a head coach if you miss the playoffs 4 seasons in a row. I feel 4 years is more than enough time to turn around a football team and so far, I haven't seen Miami make strides! Now I'm starting to think Buffalo will end up in 2nd in the AFC East.....

flynnibus

Premium Member
Antonio Brown is my best pick of the season. I got him with the first pick of the second round (9th overall), and even then I was contemplating drafting Marshawn Lynch to go along with Jamaal Charles. I also got Ben Roethlisberger in the 10th round, who has outplayed that position thus far. My two underperforming WRs are Mike Evans (6th round) and Michael Floyd (13th round). But Floyd I didn't expect to be a consistent starter.

With such a small league... You get almost anything you want. In our 12 team league your lucky to have one good rb... Not having to pick from 3 :)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Watching the Ravens game today in the stadium was such a roller coaster...

On top of that fantasy was a catch-22. I have aj green... My opponent had steve smith sr....

flynnibus

Premium Member
Meanwhile... My kicker (vinitari) and defense (Texans) have been killing me. Have a 17pt lead... But opponent has his rb to play tomorrow yet.

And I hate waivers..... Stuck near the bottom for all pickups...

acishere

Meanwhile... My kicker (vinitari) and defense (Texans) have been killing me. Have a 17pt lead... But opponent has his rb to play tomorrow yet.

And I hate waivers..... Stuck near the bottom for all pickups...
The only silver lining I have for losing this week is that I might actually be able to get something on the waivers. Although in 12 man leagues the waivers is a wasteland. The only recognizable faces are the ones on IR and Reuben Randles, a man on my football team that stood 4 feet away from me, but I didn't realize who he was until 6 hours later when I looked up images of the event on Twitter.

PUSH

Original Poster
With such a small league... You get almost anything you want. In our 12 team league your lucky to have one good rb... Not having to pick from 3 :)
RBs are hard to come by no matter what size your league is. Outside of the top 5, there's really no consistently good options.

flynnibus

Premium Member
RBs are hard to come by no matter what size your league is. Outside of the top 5, there's really no consistently good options.

For some perspective - you listed 4 RBs.. Three in the top 18 point getters for RBs. In our league, only 4 out of 12 teams even have more than 1 RB in the top 18 players and only one guy has 3.. and the price he has paid for that is his QB is eli :)

PUSH

Original Poster
For some perspective - you listed 4 RBs.. Three in the top 18 point getters for RBs. In our league, only 4 out of 12 teams even have more than 1 RB in the top 18 players and only one guy has 3.. and the price he has paid for that is his QB is eli :)
Thanks. I'm enlightened by this knowledge.

PUSH

Original Poster
Jared Allen as been traded from the Bears to the Panthers for a conditional draft pick!

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm thinking we may have critical mass for a WDWMagic Fantasy Group next year. Think we could fill a 12 team roster? I think it would be close...

PUSH

Original Poster
So I'm planning on dropping Michael Floyd for Steve Smith, but I'm not sure whether to add another QB, or just ride the Matt Ryan train while Big Ben is out. He has pretty favorable matchups along the way. If I picked a QB up, the only real decent options are Tyrod Taylor or Derek Carr. And I'm not wanting to give up a player outside of Floyd. Ryan's bye week isn't until week 10, which is the latest projected game Big Ben is expected back for.

Zweiland

Great week for picks! There were 6 games that we all picked correctly.

7964325_orig.png

PUSH

Original Poster
Packers win! PUSH's team lost! If I would have played Matt Ryan or if Big Ben wouldn't have gotten hurt I would have won. Lost by 5 points, 121-126. At least my team didn't perform poorly.

I'm also going to try and see if someone is dumb enough to trade a better RB for LeSean McCoy,

acishere

Jamaal Charles ran his heart out but I still couldn't be saved from the wrath of AJ Green and James Jones.

Alshon Jeffery is supposed to be back next week, but without Cutler it is not going to be good. But I have to start him because Edelman is on bye. 2-2 here I come...

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm just sad that Titans didn't pull through on my underdog pick.. and that the jets were flat. Beyond that, I would have been very happy with the pick outcomes.

And I'm the sole 3-0 guy in our fantasy league :) But Brady is on bye next week so I have some work to do!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom