NFL 2014 Off-Season Discussion Thread

Hobnail Boot

I thought Hawley was going to be our center? Didn't he replace Konz in the latter part of the season and Konz was moved right? Hawley isn't the best by any stretch but I would rather them address our horrific defense before going after more o-lineman so high up.

PUSH

Original Poster
The regular season schedule will be released tomorrow at 8pm EST, there will be an hour long schedule release show on NFL Network, but they usually just release it on NFL.com so you don't have to listen to them talk about games you don't care about.

BransonJ

The regular season schedule will be released tomorrow at 8pm EST, there will be an hour long schedule release show on NFL Network, but they usually just release it on NFL.com so you don't have to listen to them talk about games you don't care about.
Too bad my spurs are playing tomorrow. I am eager to see who will be playing in October during my trip. Hopefully some good matchups while we have lunch at ESPN

PUSH

Original Poster
Just heard the 49ers and Seahawks will not play in the opener. My guess is it's either Broncos or Packers who get the gig. Both good storylines, but I'll give it to the Broncos because the story might not be relevant later in the season after people forget about the Super Bowl. The Fail Mary story will be relevant whenever the two teams play.

PUSH

Original Poster
Vince Young has signed with the Browns. He's lost a training camp battle with the Bills and most recently the Packers for the backup job in the past few years. I won't be surprised if he's not on the Browns roster come week 1.

Lucky

Draft Day is finally here!

I have absolutely no idea what the Packers will do tonight, but I hope CJ Mosley will fall to the 21st pick.
The Washington Post published a mock draft today by their NFL writer Mark Maske that had Mosley going to the Packers: "Green Bay solidifies its defense with a sure tackler." He has Clowney #1 and Manziel #7.

PUSH

Original Poster
The Washington Post published a mock draft today by their NFL writer Mark Maske that had Mosley going to the Packers: "Green Bay solidifies its defense with a sure tackler." He has Clowney #1 and Manziel #7.
I've read that Mosley could fall due to injury concerns, but he's considered a top 10 or top 15 prospect. If there's an early run on QBs, that could also push him down. I also wouldn't be surprised if there's a run on offensive tackles - plenty of teams who need them. The question is, which teams will reach for players who might not fit at their pick? My guess is there will be plenty of reaching tonight.

PUSH

Original Poster
Also, I wouldn't be surprised by a run on receivers in the first round, too. If someone pulls the trigger on Mike Evans in the top 10, I could see teams start to trade up for WRs. This is considered to be a very deep draft for WRs, no need to reach. I'm hoping Wisconsin WR Jared Abbredaris goes to the Packers on Day 3.

PUSH

Original Poster
Here's my mock draft (because I'm a nerd and enjoy doing them)... side note - I did not do any trades:

1 - Texans - Jadeveon Clowney - DE
2 - Rams - Greg Robinson - OT
3 - Jaguars - Khalil Mack - OLB
4 - Browns - Sammy Watkins - WR
5 - Raiders - Mike Evans - WR
6 - Falcons - Jake Matthews - OLB
7 - Buccaneers - Johnny Manziel - QB
8 - Vikings - Anthony Barr - OLB
9 - Bills - Taylor Lewan - OT
10 - Lions - Justin Gilbert - CB
11 - Titans - Blake Bortles - QB
12 - Giants - Zack Martin - OT
13 - Rams - Odell Beckham - WR
14 - Bears - Aaron Donald - DT
15 - Steelers - Darqueze Dennard - CB
16 - Cowboys - Calvin Pryor - S
17 - Ravens - Eric Ebron - TE
18 - Jets - Brandin Cooks - WR
19 - Dolphins - Xavier Su'a-Filo - OG
20 - Cardinals - Bradley Roby - CB
21 - Packers - CJ Mosley - ILB
22 - Eagles - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - S
23 - Chiefs - Marqise Lee - WR
24 - Bengals - Kyle Fuller - CB
25 - Chargers - Louis Nix - NT
26 - Browns - Derek Carr - QB
27 - Saints - Ryan Shazier - OLB
28 - Panthers - Morgan Moses - OT
29 - Patriots - Ra'Shede Hageman - DT
30 - 49ers - Stephon Tuitt - DE
31 - Broncos - Jason Verrett - CB
32 - Seahawks - Cyrus Kouandjio - OT

This doesn't really account for a QB run early, which I think is likely, but that's because I didn't do trades.

acishere

Well that's too bad, I don't believe there is a player named Eddie Lacy in this year's draft.
Well what is the point in having cloning technology then if we can't use it to create a bunch of break out rookies to help me defeat my old frat buddies?

Wait, I'm being told that we do not have cloning technology yet. Nevermind...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom