Next Gen tech Plus Que Alterations for DHS!

Siege898

While the HM queue is fun every once in a while, I often find myself choosing the right queue and avoiding the graveyard. Maybe I'd rather get on the ride 10 mins sooner than wait 10 mins and have to entertain myself for those 10 mins...

I'm pretty sure there is no queue I hate waiting in more than RnRC. That queue is just plain miserable from the outside switchbacks to the CMs inside telling me not to stop and watch the traffic.

If anything, RnRC needs it the most...I just don't see where they have the room except maybe inside where they have those music exhibits.

Fable McCloud

They certainly botched things up with that awful Haunted Mansion graveyard!

GOD! So true!! I rather liked the sparseness of the HM queue, it gave you more to look forward to AND it wasn't overwhelming and childish. The Mansion should feel spooky, not silly.

I just needed to get that off my chest.

RSoxNo1

Isn't studioscentral.com, run by Matt Hochberg? The same Matt Hochberg who runs the WDWToday podcast along with Len Testa, co-author of the "Unofficial Guide"?

I'd look at him as a fairly credible news source if he is reporting it.

I don't know if this is more for the entrance to the queues for the electronic fastpasses (my understanding is that's what has been done at other queues where the small construction boxes appeared) or if this is a full on Next Gen queue. If so, I would expect we would see some of the stuff that Jim Hill mentioned on our show a few weeks ago about using the space behind Rock 'n' Roller Coaster as an area where guests can hang out, play rock band, buy merchandise, etc. There's a large space over there so we might see something similar to the tests being run a few years ago.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
While the HM queue is fun every once in a while, I often find myself choosing the right queue and avoiding the graveyard. Maybe I'd rather get on the ride 10 mins sooner than wait 10 mins and have to entertain myself for those 10 mins...

I'm pretty sure there is no queue I hate waiting in more than RnRC. That queue is just plain miserable from the outside switchbacks to the CMs inside telling me not to stop and watch the traffic.

If anything, RnRC needs it the most...I just don't see where they have the room except maybe inside where they have those music exhibits.

Agree that RnRC needs something for the queue. What I picture happening eventually is that the whole courtyard area becomes the waiting room, as it were. You go in, swipe your ticket and get a boarding card/assignment. You then hang out in the courtyard until your boarding group is called (or the time comes, or whatever) to join the actual queue, at which point you head immediately up the ramp and wait about 5 minutes before heading into the soundstage briefing room. In the courtyard could be live music, a DJ, guitar hero games, rock trivia kiosks, etc. You'd wait the same amount of time, but you wouldn't have to just stand there while doing it.

I don't think a month is enough time to set all this up. I suspect that what is happening now is just the infrastructure to allow the pass distribution to occur in the future when they are ready to start.

ChrisM

I don't know if this is more for the entrance to the queues for the electronic fastpasses (my understanding is that's what has been done at other queues where the small construction boxes appeared) or if this is a full on Next Gen queue. If so, I would expect we would see some of the stuff that Jim Hill mentioned on our show a few weeks ago about using the space behind Rock 'n' Roller Coaster as an area where guests can hang out, play rock band, buy merchandise, etc. There's a large space over there so we might see something similar to the tests being run a few years ago.

Rolling off topic here for a second, but are you guys now bringing Jim on as a podcast guest on a regular schedule? If so, what is it?

MickeyPeace

I tend to not trust news sources that routinely have typos. BBC is pretty good...of course, it's their language.

It is safe to assume (I think) that a journalist who cannot take the time to spell check is also not taking the time to fully research their stories.

Having read that "news article" before reading these posts, I came to the same conclusion.
Bad writing = credibility being suspect.

"NextGen is the colloquial term for the anticipated (but not officially confirmed) next generation guest experience in Walt Disney World."
NextGen is not a colloquial term. NextGen is not anticipated in WDW it is indeed officially confirmed. (and implemented).

"First is for the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, which will recieve "NGE Queue Modifications". The Tower of Terror and Star Tours have already or are in progress of recieveing similar upgrades."
Why not just say ST has received NextGen while ToT is in progress.

"In addition, there are plans for "Parkwide WIFI for NGE". We assume this means that internet connectivity will be added throughout Disney's Hollywood Studios to support these NextGen updates. Work for this will progress through June 15, 2012."
Plans for park wide wifi so you assume this means internet connectivity to Hollywood Studios to support NextGen updates? That is a whole lot of fuzzy assumption.

This reads like a Yahoo "news article". Or noowz artickle.

devoy1701

So now we've paid a bunch of monies to wait in line for RnR to see/hear people playing Guitar Hero Aerosmith while waiting in line???

I shoulda just stayed home!

Kramerica

Seems like awfully short time periods to implement full next-gen ques. :veryconfu

The Haunted Mansion updates were done overnight...

And what could the wifi mean? At first when I saw this I was thinking they were trying to add wfi connectivity to the parks for guests to connect to and go online.. But I don't know what would be accomplished there. Perhaps these new lines have features that utilize the internet.. Wonder what that could be.

devoy1701

The Haunted Mansion updates were done overnight...

And what could the wifi mean? At first when I saw this I was thinking they were trying to add wfi connectivity to the parks for guests to connect to and go online.. But I don't know what would be accomplished there. Perhaps these new lines have features that utilize the internet.. Wonder what that could be.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with a "Second Screen" like thing that Disney does with their BluRays for on your Smartphones or Tablets. Extend the interactive experience on your own devices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom