Next Disney Park - Korea?

gardabble

netenyahoo said:
Do a lot of Koreans travel to Japan to go to the parks? I wonder if Disney is trying to compete with OLC for visitors.

I thought so too that Tokyo Disney would be complaining if South Korea has a Disney park. Given that its only a 2 hr plane ride apart. Disney would probably get opposition from Tokyo and Shanghai for the bid (though there are rumors that Disney might build a park in Beijing over Shanghai but people in Beijing have less disposable income than Shanghai)

Tim G

jrriddle said:
Screamscape is reporting that Disney may look to Korea as it's next location:

In other news, it seems that Disney has been invited to poke around Korea to pick possible sites for building another park, with the leader being the Seoul Grand Park in Kwachon, just south of Seoul.
http://www.screamscape.com/html/industry_news.html

This makes more sense to me then a 2nd park in China.
1st. It's ScreamScape... (self explaining)

2nd. It won't happen!!!

jrriddle

Original Poster
Corrus said:
1st. It's ScreamScape... (self explaining)

2nd. It won't happen!!!

1st. :lol: Agreed (re: Screamscape) I thought the news article added some legitimacy.

2nd Good. These parks are popping up like Disney Stores 10 years ago. (I will now call off my Mother :D )

Lynx04

netenyahoo said:
Do a lot of Koreans travel to Japan to go to the parks? I wonder if Disney is trying to compete with OLC for visitors.
I believe if I am not mistaken, DLT attendence is 98% local or demostic visitor. If this is correct then a Korean park would not be competing. Also, based on what I have read about DLT, the parks are always crowded. Due to the high flux of visitors, continuious expansion has been going one since 2001 with the opening of TDS. I don't know how much more land they have to work with, but it seems like the parks are pushed up against the water pretty tightly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom