Newbie with trip planned in 2 wks - anyone want to look at my itineary?

Francy

We booked this very last minute so I didn't have too many options. As this is our first trip, would love it if anyone could take a look and let me know if I'm making some rookie errors :). We will have 2 small kids with us, age 3 & 6, trip will be 4 nights, 3 days in park. Will get Park Hopper.

3 nights at Grand Floridian, 1 night Contemporary.

Day 1:
Magic Kingdom:
Fast passes in afternoon (nothing available for AM):
Meet Cinderalla at Fairytale Hall
Enchanted Tale with Belle
Meet Ariel at Her Grotto

Try to see Wishes at night.

Day 2:
AM: Go to Animal Kingdom - take Safari (early to hopefully avoid lines)

PM: Go to Hollywood Studios (maybe back to hotel for nap/rest in between for kids)
Fast Passes starting 2pm:
Disney Junior Live Stage
Toy Story Midway Mania
Frozen Sing A long

Evening: Electric Parade (only night happening while we are there) - no fast pass

Day 3:

Back to Magic Kingdom:

12pm: Cinderella Royal Table Character Lunch
1-130pm: Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Sq
2-315: Peter Pan Flight
345-445 Under The Sea

Nothing planned for evening. No Wishes happening this night.

Is this a reasonable schedule? I have no dining reservations other than the 1 character lunch. Is there anything else I must book beforehand?

Thank you!

ratherbeinwdw

We booked this very last minute so I didn't have too many options. As this is our first trip, would love it if anyone could take a look and let me know if I'm making some rookie errors :). We will have 2 small kids with us, age 3 & 6, trip will be 4 nights, 3 days in park. Will get Park Hopper.

3 nights at Grand Floridian, 1 night Contemporary.

Day 1:
Magic Kingdom:
Fast passes in afternoon (nothing available for AM):
Meet Cinderalla at Fairytale Hall
Enchanted Tale with Belle
Meet Ariel at Her Grotto

Try to see Wishes at night.

Day 2:
AM: Go to Animal Kingdom - take Safari (early to hopefully avoid lines)

PM: Go to Hollywood Studios (maybe back to hotel for nap/rest in between for kids)
Fast Passes starting 2pm:
Disney Junior Live Stage
Toy Story Midway Mania
Frozen Sing A long

Evening: Electric Parade (only night happening while we are there) - no fast pass

Day 3:

Back to Magic Kingdom:

12pm: Cinderella Royal Table Character Lunch
1-130pm: Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Sq
2-315: Peter Pan Flight
345-445 Under The Sea

Nothing planned for evening. No Wishes happening this night.

Is this a reasonable schedule? I have no dining reservations other than the 1 character lunch. Is there anything else I must book beforehand?

Thank you!
Is either of your MK days an early hours day? If so, make sure and be there and you will be able to walk on Winnie the Pooh and Under the Sea and Small World. We have even been able to get on Peter Pan with a 10 minute wait. This way, if the kids love these rides, they'll be able to do them a second time with your fastpasses.
I never waste a fastpass on a parade. If you do the late Electric Parade, you can usually get a really good place to watch.
The Fantasy three oclock parade is much more crowded than the night parade. The Electric Parade usually starts at the front of the park, the Fantasy parade starts at the back. We try to be at the start, so we can get on the move to another ride before the people at the end who are waiting for the parade to end.

Upvote 0

Francy

Original Poster
Our plan was go there (MK) early yes, the fast passes just don't start till the PM. Was hoping to try for Anna Elsa and some of the popular rides. Thanks for the suggestions on the rides to try early (and by early I guess right when park opens?).

Are there any restaurants that are recommended for reservations or can we eat on the go? I don't think we'll do the dining plan.

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Also a small suggestion, if you do happen to walk past one of your FP rides and the wait is minimal, get in line and ride it then and go on your phone to see if there are any other FP selections available you might like to try and grab and replace it.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

Our plan was go there (MK) early yes, the fast passes just don't start till the PM. Was hoping to try for Anna Elsa and some of the popular rides. Thanks for the suggestions on the rides and to try early (and by early I guess right when park opens?).

Are there any restaurants that are recommended for reservations or can we eat on the go? I don't think we'll do the dining plan.

If you want Anna & Elsa without a FP, make sure you get to the MK before rope drop, line up in the appropriate area, and walk very swiftly yet safely directly to the meet & greet area. That's how my sister was able to meet them last week. After that, usually you can get many of the popular rides that interest young children done with limited waits in the first hour after opening, so make the most of those early morning hours.

It might be too much in one day for young children to do AK, DHS and then MK for the Main Street ELectrical Parade. I'd focus on one of the MK afternoon parades in case they are not up to all that park hopping.

As for restaurants, if you do want any sit-down meals besides CRT, I strongly recommend you try to book them. Otherwise, you can make due fine on counter-service meals. Some of our faves are:
MK - Cosmic Rays; Casey's Hot Dogs
DHS - Min & Bill's Dockside Diner
EPCOT - Sunshine Seasons in Future World; Yorkshire Fish Shop (fish n chips in British Pavillion)

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

My initial observation is you purchase of the Hopper option, yet your plans only list hopping on one day ?? Seems a bit of a waste if you're not going to utilise it fully.

Secondly, as has been mentioned, don't forget EPCOT in your plans

Upvote 0

Francy

Original Poster
I agree we probably aren't maximizing our hopper but only way I could figure we could cover AK and DHS which apparently are not full day parks. The EP is on a day we weren't planning on visiting MK (we had fast passes for DHS that date) and is not happening any other night of our stay. Also I thought (but not sure) we needed park access to Epcot to be able to check it out for dinners etc.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I agree we probably aren't maximizing our hopper but only way I could figure we could cover AK and DHS which apparently are not full day parks. The EP is on a day we weren't planning on visiting MK (we had fast passes for DHS that date) and is not happening any other night of our stay. Also I thought (but not sure) we needed park access to Epcot to be able to check it out for dinners etc.

You are correct -- you need a park ticket to tour Epcot.

Frankly, I think your plan sounds great. I would certainly encourage you to make sure you're at your "morning park" before rope drop each day, and that where possible (i.e., no conflicts with your FPs) you take a little break from about lunchtime to 3-4 pm for naps and/or swimming. Have fun!

(Also, I assume that you're not planning on any other table service meals than the one you've booked. If you are, I suggest making ADRs for any additional sit-down meals now.)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom