Newbie - Resort Transportation for Restaurants

Morgz45

Original Poster
Hello! I am staying at the Beach Club resort (with husband and toddler) and I have a few questions of the best way to get to and from the Beach Club to our restaurant stops. I think a few of these may be made easy by taking the monorail BUT we do NOT have park hopper passes so I am not sure if we can still take the monorail?

1. What is the best way to get from the Beach Club to Jiko for dinner? How long will it take?

2. What is the best way to get from the BC to Ohana for breakfast? How long will it take?

3. What is the best way to get from BC to Boathouse in Disney Springs? (I am assuming this is the bus but just want to be sure.)

I am new to the Disney Resorts so don't be afraid to be specific! Any advice welcome!

Thanks all!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If you don't have a car, the fastest and most direct option would be Uber. A driver will be at BC in 5 minutes or less and you will be able to reach each of your destinations in under 15 minutes.

But if you don't want to spend $ and plan to use Disney transport:
1. Jiko ~ Take the AK bus from BC. Transfer to AKL bus. Allow at least an hour.
2. 'Ohana ~ Take the MK bus from BC. Board the resort monorail to the Poly (3rd stop after boarding at MK). If the monorail is not operating, there will be a Poly bus at the MK station you can transfer to. Allow at least an hour.
3. Boathouse ~ Take the DS bus from BC. Boathouse is not too far a walk from where the DS bus station is. Again, allow an hour.

Disney's official statement is to allow up to an hour and a half to get to a dining reservation. It usually will take less.

You can use the monorail without having a park hopper as long as you don't enter a park to get to the monorail (for example, entering Epcot through the entrance near Beach Club in order to take the monorail to MK ~ your "admission" would be considered Epcot and you would not be allowed to enter MK on that day.)

dreamfinder

Remember that the transfers back may be different. For instance, depending on when you Jiko booking is, AK may not be open so you wouldn't be able to transfer through AK, and may need to go to another park that is open later, or possibly to Disney Springs and transfer there.

Also, while Uber is usually a good bet, I'm not sure how many of the cars will have car seats for the toddler (or if I would trust them), so you may not be able to use that option (don't know the Uber policy for car seats). Ditto for a taxi, so unless you bring a car seat with you and get drivers willing to let you install it, bus may be your only option.

NYwdwfan

If you don't have a car, the fastest and most direct option would be Uber. A driver will be at BC in 5 minutes or less and you will be able to reach each of your destinations in under 15 minutes.

But if you don't want to spend $ and plan to use Disney transport:
1. Jiko ~ Take the AK bus from BC. Transfer to AKL bus. Allow at least an hour.
2. 'Ohana ~ Take the MK bus from BC. Board the resort monorail to the Poly (3rd stop after boarding at MK). If the monorail is not operating, there will be a Poly bus at the MK station you can transfer to. Allow at least an hour.
3. Boathouse ~ Take the DS bus from BC. Boathouse is not too far a walk from where the DS bus station is. Again, allow an hour.

Disney's official statement is to allow up to an hour and a half to get to a dining reservation. It usually will take less.

You can use the monorail without having a park hopper as long as you don't enter a park to get to the monorail (for example, entering Epcot through the entrance near Beach Club in order to take the monorail to MK ~ your "admission" would be considered Epcot and you would not be allowed to enter MK on that day.)

Just wanted to add that for Ohana you can also take the boat from MK to the Poly - you will pass the boat dock walking from the bus stop to the monorail entrance and can decide then and there if you want to hop on the boat or continue up the ramp to the monorail.

contrariwise

Remember that the transfers back may be different. For instance, depending on when you Jiko booking is, AK may not be open so you wouldn't be able to transfer through AK, and may need to go to another park that is open later, or possibly to Disney Springs and transfer there.

Also, while Uber is usually a good bet, I'm not sure how many of the cars will have car seats for the toddler (or if I would trust them), so you may not be able to use that option (don't know the Uber policy for car seats). Ditto for a taxi, so unless you bring a car seat with you and get drivers willing to let you install it, bus may be your only option.

It was years ago, but we rode in a taxi from BC to somewhere, maybe the GF(?) with a little one. There was no car seat and the taxi driver said nothing. I know it's not the pinnacle of safety, but neither is a Disney bus, when it comes right down to it. I would much rather take that option than the convoluted Disney system of getting from resort to resort. We tried it. It's frustrating and a major time-suck.

Uber drivers may be more vigilant about car seats and the like.

ABQ

Might sound silly, but for the trip to Jiko, perhaps you take a Friendship boat to the Hollywood Studios and then take the AKL bus from there?

daisyduckie

It was years ago, but we rode in a taxi from BC to somewhere, maybe the GF(?) with a little one. There was no car seat and the taxi driver said nothing. I know it's not the pinnacle of safety, but neither is a Disney bus, when it comes right down to it. I would much rather take that option than the convoluted Disney system of getting from resort to resort. We tried it. It's frustrating and a major time-suck.

Uber drivers may be more vigilant about car seats and the like.

Disney buses have their sheer mass going for them, which is why car seats are not needed. They are needed in a cab and shame on the driver for not saying anything.

All you need to do is request a car seat when you call a cab.

Morgz45

Original Poster

Our reservation for Jiko is at 6pm so the chances of us being finished by 7:30 and be able to catch the bus in time to AK is slim. What would be a good alternative to get back to the Beach Club?

s&k'smom

We are at the YC in August and I was planning on walking over to the studio's one evening and catching the AKL bus. I have two teens so it's a bit easier for us.

NYwdwfan

Our reservation for Jiko is at 6pm so the chances of us being finished by 7:30 and be able to catch the bus in time to AK is slim. What would be a good alternative to get back to the Beach Club?
You could take a bus from AKL to either Disney Springs or MK and then take the bus back to BC or take a bus to DHS and either take a boat or walk back to BC - it's around a 15-20 minute walk and in the evening it's really beautiful and peaceful (especially if you walk past the Boardwalk - there is entertainment at night and you can grab an ice cream cone at Ample Hills Creamery).

dreamfinder

Really depends on what is still open at that point. If DHS has a late night, you can take the bus there and then walk back (might help to get the toddler to sleep in the stroller). Basically you can transfer from any open theme park, or from Disney Springs. DHS would probably be shortest, but really depends on what buses arrive when.

Pardon My Pixie

I just stayed at Beach Club for a week last month. We used the Disney approved taxi service (I think it's Mears) for getting to and from dining reservations at other resorts. The valet will call them for you and it takes 5 minutes or less for a car to arrive. The valet told me that Florida law leaves the decision about whether or not to use a car seat in a taxi up to the parents. If you don't want a car seat you don't have to use it. If you do want one you have to request it and it will take additional time for a car with a car seat to arrive.

Redsoxfn79

We took taxi for our visits. From boardwalk to contemporary it was like 10 bucks including tip. Well worth not having any hassle. Same to poly. Just takes the stress out of jumping buses. IMO

21stamps

I used a taxi or Uber often. It's not worth the hassle and time it takes to use the bus system for resort- resort. Download the Uber app before you go and your first ride will be free :)
They're much cheaper than taxis, just get on the app a few minutes before you want to leave.
I think my longest wait time was 4 minutes, if that. Most fares were @ $7

righttrack

We use Uber for these, prior we used the transportation. When we did use the transportation, at dinnertime Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom was the park we would rendezvous with most often as the transportation didn't feel overloaded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom