New Year's rollcall and question

Glasgow

Original Poster
Hi all - I was wondering who all made it over to WDW for New Year's Eve. We went to Epcot (arrived at about noon) and got right in. It certainly was packed. We still were able to get on just about everything we wanted to though : visited all 11 countries, Mission:Space (got fast pass at 12:30, ride time was 7pm - lol), Universe of Energy, Living Seas, and Maelstrom. Not too shabby.

My question was this though : anyone know the total attendance of the parks on NYE, particularly Epcot? It was definitely the most people I've ever seen in one place except for sporting events and Mardi Gras :animwink:

MissM

I was at MK for NYE. And it was freakin' packed. Got there at about 10am, but didn't make it to MK itself until about 11:15am. Just took that long to get through parking lot, TTC and the gates.

You can see my trip report with photos here and paid members can see the fireworks countdown video at midnight here.
-m

LilDucky

I was also at the MK on NYE, and it was indeed packed. I talked to a few cast members, and from what I was told, the MK never reached full capacity. However, they did start limiting entrance to the resort guests (and I think hopper holders but not quite sure) after awhile. I dont know how many of you attended the year before, but I could have sworn it was less full this time around, although it was clearly a mad house! The year before was IMPOSSIBLE!!

Any thoughts on this?

juan

I went to Epcot around 10pm and it was ok until you got past SSE then it was packed
I got to see security deal with a really drunk guy as I walked trough the gate
I was also surprised when I heard "Get Low" by Lil John being blasted through the speakers (I love the song, but didn't think it was a Disney type)

The fireworks were awesome and the entire lagoon was wall to wall people

sillyspook13

juan said:
I was also surprised when I heard "Get Low" by Lil John being blasted through the speakers (I love the song, but didn't think it was a Disney type)
They also played "Baby Got Back" :brick:

Glasgow

Original Poster
At the end of the midnight fireworks I thought the world was going to end .. they must've spent $50,000 in the last minute!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom