New World Showcase Attraction

KINGLOUIS1993

Original Poster
Hello guys,

I am most definitely not the only person who loves the World Showcase at Epcot, however I also would like to see one or two of the lands get an new attraction/ride.

So... as fellow WDW lovers what country would you choose and what attraction would you give it? It doesn't have to be an IP ride maybe something completely fresh and new.

Fire away!

Princess Leia

• UK- Mary Poppins ride or a boat ride through British literature
  • Germany- Rhine River boat ride
  • Japan- Fuji coaster or the bullet train through Japan (I think Godzilla was actually attached to both of these ideas at different points in time)
  • France- Hunchback of Notre Dame attraction, the outdoor area set to the Festival of Fools (I love this movie a lot)

KINGLOUIS1993

Original Poster
  • UK- Mary Poppins ride or a boat ride through British literature
  • Germany- Rhine River boat ride
  • Japan- Fuji coaster or the bullet train through Japan (I think Godzilla was actually attached to both of these ideas at different points in time)
  • France- Hunchback of Notre Dame attraction, the outdoor area set to the Festival of Fools (I love this movie a lot)

Thanks for the reply, all brilliant ideas. I think the Hunchback ride would be very good and it is such a underrated film too.

KINGLOUIS1993

Original Poster
Not a Disney IP, but I think adding the Doctor Who Experience to the UK would be a great addition if they could work something out with the BBC.

Love this idea, personally a ride based on a similar model to Mission Space would be great as the Tardis spins.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'd like to choose a country that doesn't already have an attraction... Sooo.. I'd probably choose Morocco! Ride on a vehicle shaped like a magic carpet that goes through different scenes involving animatronics through a timeline of historical events in Morocco or something like that... Let Abu make many cameo appearances, kind of like the monkey that pops up and causes trouble in the haunted monkey mansion ride.

orlando678-

I would love to see a walkthrough similar to the castle walkthrough at Shanghai Disneyland based on the tales of the Grimm Brothers and their secret library, a rickshaw dark ride in China, a river raft ride in Canada, a London red bus doubledecker simulato about a crazy bus driver giving you a tour of the city and a Moroccan ride about Berber tales.

KINGLOUIS1993

Original Poster
I'd like to choose a country that doesn't already have an attraction... Sooo.. I'd probably choose Morocco! Ride on a vehicle shaped like a magic carpet that goes through different scenes involving animatronics through a timeline of historical events in Morocco or something like that... Let Abu make many cameo appearances, kind of like the monkey that pops up and causes trouble in the haunted monkey mansion ride.

Good choice Morocco could do with an extra something, a country with such rich culture would do really well. The carpets could float similar to the Peter Pan boats.

KINGLOUIS1993

Original Poster
I would love to see a walkthrough similar to the castle walkthrough at Shanghai Disneyland based on the tales of the Grimm Brothers and their secret library, a rickshaw dark ride in China, a river raft ride in Canada, a London red bus doubledecker simulato about a crazy bus driver giving you a tour of the city and a Moroccan ride about Berber tales.

Nice, not sure if you have ever met a London Bus Driver for real though would be a slow miserable simulation. Always felt a raft ride would really suit the look of the Canada pavilion.

OliveMcFly

I'm pretty sure the ride building is ready whenever they want to use it (though they'd have to update it a bit). I think it's just being used for storage now.
That's probably it then. If there's a huge building with a little restaurant in it no wonder it feels unfinished. Is that the location you're talking about?

OliveMcFly

That was interesting. I remember hearing about the Rhine ride before and I guess like everyone else thought there was this huge unused space. I'd love to see a photo of these wooden doors. I find this stuff fascinating and I like to investigate what once was. The still existing Food Rocks stage at Soarin' kept me busy all afternoon once LOL.
I think the ride would have been a great addition. Who knows, today it may be a character ride :banghead:
Thanks for linking that. This site is going to fill my day since we're dead at work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom